Politics and prophecies: the election

Bob1

Evangelicals, if you think you deity speaks to people and has a vested interest in American politics... could you explain to me how all these "prophets"/men and women of God in this video got it sooo wrong concerning the recent presidential election?

Komodo

Some of them are still saying "Trust the Plan," that God will ensure that the Great Fraud will be revealed and Trump will remain.

If that does not happen, presumably they will all humbly ask to be put to death as false prophets, in accordance with Deuteronomy 18:20-22.

Bob1

Some of them are still saying "Trust the Plan," that God will ensure that the Great Fraud will be revealed and Trump will remain.

If that does not happen, presumably they will all humbly ask to be put to death as false prophets, in accordance with Deuteronomy 18:20-22.
Let's hope they will stick with the bible then and request to be executed following Biden becoming president on January 20th.
It's astonishing they way these people can still maintain a following after being so blatantly wrong.

On a side note, do African angels somehow have a greater influence on elections than say... Australian angels?
Paula White is a hoot.

5wize

Let's hope they will stick with the bible then and request to be executed following Biden becoming president on January 20th.
It's astonishing they way these people can still maintain a following after being so blatantly wrong.

On a side note, do African angels somehow have a greater influence on elections than say... Australian angels?
Paula White is a hoot.
Well, I do remember the same gnashing of teeth from the the "evangelical" political left about 4 years ago after what was deemed a walk-on by Hillary. I loved the deer in the headlights commentary on election night.

Gus Bovona

Well, I do remember the same gnashing of teeth from the the "evangelical" political left about 4 years ago after what was deemed a walk-on by Hillary. I loved the deer in the headlights commentary on election night.
I hosted a party on election night 2016 to celebrate Hillary's election, and by the end of the party when we saw that wasn't happening, my friend, as he was leaving, said, "Worst. Party. Ever."

Pretty hilarious, if also sad.

Bob Carabbio

could you explain to me how all these "prophets"/men and women of God in this video got it sooo wrong concerning the recent presidential election?
No problem !!! They're NOT giving a "Prophetic Word" at all.
Deu 18:22
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Simple as that.

5wize

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Simple as that.
Oh yeah... that's simple.

Bob Carabbio

Oh yeah... that's simple.
Dirt simple!!! when Biden becomes president elect on Dec 14, ALL the "Prophets" that said Trump would "pull it out" are infallibly demonstrated to have been "speaking in the flesh", and NOT of the Lord.

On the other hand if there's a "Miraculous reversal" in the next 11 days (Dec 14), and Trump retains the presidency, that would be an indication that the Prophets DID have a word from God, and are REAL. So the REAL vs PHONY indication will be known quickly.

PAUL CAUTIONS that all New Testament prophesy is subject to Judgement (1 Cor 14), and anybody who commits RESOURCES on the basis of an UN-confirmed "Prophetic Word" is a FOOL.

In the OLD Testament, false Prophets would have been put to death. However under the NEW Covenant, we don't do that any more.

5wize

Dirt simple!!! when Biden becomes president elect on Dec 14, ALL the "Prophets" that said Trump would "pull it out" are infallibly demonstrated to have been "speaking in the flesh", and NOT of the Lord.

On the other hand if there's a "Miraculous reversal" in the next 11 days (Dec 14), and Trump retains the presidency, that would be an indication that the Prophets DID have a word from God, and are REAL. So the REAL vs PHONY indication will be known quickly.

PAUL CAUTIONS that all New Testament prophesy is subject to Judgement (1 Cor 14), and anybody who commits RESOURCES on the basis of an UN-confirmed "Prophetic Word" is a FOOL.

In the OLD Testament, false Prophets would have been put to death. However under the NEW Covenant, we don't do that any more.
Why not?

Bob1

There aren't any "evangelicals" on the left... or at least, they don't go publicly claiming that the Christian deity told them their candidate was going to win.

So you can't address the fact that all those evangelicals in the video claimed the Christian deity told them Drumpf would win... and yet he didn't win?

Bob1

Simple as that.
So none of those evangelicals talk to their deity, huh? The Christian deity doesn't tell them anything?

Bob1

LOL! In other words, it's just a chance game. A person makes a prediction and claims God told them the information, if they guessed correctly they are thought to have actually heard from God... if they guessed incorrectly they are thought to not have heard from God. It's a very silly system and one that in no way proves whether or not the person heard from a deity.

5wize

There aren't any "evangelicals" on the left... or at least, they don't go publicly claiming that the Christian deity told them their candidate was going to win.

So you can't address the fact that all those evangelicals in the video claimed the Christian deity told them Drumpf would win... and yet he didn't win?
One of the definitions for evangelical is zealous in advocating something. Both the left and the right are full of them from Racheal Maddow to Sean Hannity. The sage, Nate Silver, got it wrong, just like Jesus did when he said the kingdom is nigh.

The Pixie

Evangelicals, if you think you deity speaks to people and has a vested interest in American politics... could you explain to me how all these "prophets"/men and women of God in this video got it sooo wrong concerning the recent presidential election?

For many religious people, reality and wishful thinking are almost the same.

They confidently prophesised a Trump triumph because that is what they hoped for. They talk about good Christians going to heaven and all those nasty atheists going to hell because that is what they hope for. When you do that enough the distinction between what is true and what is hoped for become blurred.

Whateverman

For many religious people, reality and wishful thinking are almost the same.

They confidently prophesised a Trump triumph because that is what they hoped for. They talk about good Christians going to heaven and all those nasty atheists going to hell because that is what they hope for. When you do that enough the distinction between what is true and what is hoped for become blurred.
Throw religious dogma and the need to evangelize into the mix, and you've got a bunch of people who walk around stating as fact the things they hope are (or will-be) true.

And really, the parallels between this and the nature of the support they've given to the current white house occupant - couldn't be more clear.

It's a Christian right-wing conservative epistemology.

EDIT: this is a subject I tried to approach in the thread "The reason: US Christians <---> Drumpf". I'm not sure how successful I was, but it's a POV I've held for several years now.

Bob Carabbio

So no actual answer to all the right-wing evangelicals who claim they heard it from your deity that Drumpf would win?
Don't be ridiculous. The "Actual answer" is: YOU'RE NOT PROPHETS AT ALL, AND YOU NEVER HEARD FROM GOD!!

Dirt simple.