Poll for Catholics: Are the justified a "new creation"?

Do you believe that happens when an infant is baptized?
It is the teaching, because of the underlying belief that an infant offers no resistance (provides no obstacle) to God's grace which is being offered.
Now, do I believe that every infant that is baptized is moved by love? It's hard to tell...
But it is also true that the teaching is that if a person is not in fact reborn...then the grace has not had it's effect yet.
Baptized but not reborn...no entry into heaven
Do you see becoming a new creature and being born again as the same?
Yes, I do.

Who cares what "feminine qualities" of Mary any person would waste their time "focusing" on? The thoughts should be directed to forming a fellowship with Jesus Christ- between Christ's sufferings and their sufferings, and make Christ's sufferings become their own.
I have a question aren't those qualities God's qualitites, aren't we all made in God's image. Both male and female so what are these feminine qualities that are being mentioned?

It is the teaching, because of the underlying belief that an infant offers no resistance (provides no obstacle) to God's grace which is being offered.
Now, do I believe that every infant that is baptized is moved by love? It's hard to tell...
But it is also true that the teaching is that if a person is not in fact reborn...then the grace has not had it's effect yet.
Baptized but not reborn...no entry into heaven

Yes, I do.
Can an infant be baptized and grow up to be a life long atheist; never once in their entire life believing in God?

IOW Does Catholicism allow for the possibility of a born-again, life-long atheist to exist?

Can an infant be baptized and grow up to be a life long atheist; never once in their entire life believing in God?

IOW Does Catholicism allow for the possibility of a born-again, life-long atheist to exist?
Another excellent question because they always have that seal according to the RCC.

Not quite. My hope is to arrive at the end of my life having endured, being in Christ, having the Spirit indwelling in me, and from the Spirit having love in my heart.
Right. Exactly as I said. You have repeatedly described enduring as the result of your own works
Same as me.
Well then, you were either lying when you repeatedly described your hope as being in your own works, or you're lying now.

But they should not be *gasp* sexually immoral for a start because if the RCC was following scripture they would be out. 1 Cor 5:11.
If any church cut out everyone who sinned then there would be no people in the church. I agree that egregious sinners should not have positions of leadership and should have their positions of influence taken away. I trust in God's Justice. They're not getting away with anything. None of them. We'll all be judged by God for our own actions.

If any church cut out everyone who sinned then there would be no people in the church. I agree that egregious sinners should not have positions of leadership and should have their positions of influence taken away. I trust in God's Justice. They're not getting away with anything. None of them. We'll all be judged by God for our own actions.
No one has said all sinners should be cut out, that is misrepresenting the posts of others.

I think if one is a sexual sinner then they are not saved and need to be led to the Lord. However leaders are trusted and they are trusted with children and this makes it worse than other people.

James 3:1

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

1 Tim 5:20

But those elders who are sinning you are to reprove before everyone, so that the others may take warning.

1 Tim 3;2+

Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

We are to judge those who are brother and sisters as 1 Cor 5:11 is very clear about.

James 5:19+

My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

1 Cor 5:12+

For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

It is not against judging but more how one is judging. Leaders are in a trusted position and children are to be protected. Our responsiblity is to the children. As I say children don't ask to be born, they cannot look after themselves.

Back