Polygamy & Judging Righteously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you MISREPRESENT what we believe?
I can't help it, You all won't correct my misunderstanding with any evidence otherwise. One person a long time ago on this forum thought he'd give tours. I could use that one if you like. The point is, I don't think you all have a clue what will happen.

I realize comparing polygamy and homosexuality may not make sense to a Mormon, but for Christians they are both a perversion of what God created.
With the respected positions of Abraham and King David described in the Bible. I have a hard time seeing polygamy as a perversion as homosexuality. Not that I'm as justifying polygamy and saying it's perfectly acceptable. If Abraham or King David were homosexual, there would be a different story in the Bible.
SoSo while Mormons accept a man having sex with multiple wives is ok it is not ok for a homosexual to have a marriage to ONE person.
And while I agree your point is valid to Mormons in general, I've already stated that I believe eternal polygamy will be platonic.
I personally do not criticize or condemn homosexuals. I know ALL humans are sinners and so therefore why should I, a sinner, judge someone else, a sinner. I can judge based on the word of God and the acts that are sinful. But Jesus said love the sinner.
Agreed.
And to me growing up with an abusive and adulterous father I will never agree to marry a man who has other wives. For me it is simply a way for a man to commit adultery under the guise of being a caring person and providing the priesthood for the women. I once had a discussion with a missionary, and I said if God wanted men to have more than one wife, why then does he have only one sexual appendage? And while that seems crass and ridiculous I find it to be a good point. LOL as well as a bit humorous. But as a woman who has been sexually abused and had a father who was blatantly perverting sexuality and marriage I will never believe polygamy was anything more than a man's way of having several women to satisfy his lusts. If you are doing marriage the proper way, you would not be able to tend more than one wife and her children anyway.
I cant imagine being in more than one marriage. But if I was called to take care of other women in a platonic sort of way, then I'd do it.

You think that's what it means because it doesn't say, I want to have your child?
Ummm...yep.
Isaiahah 4:1 'And seven women shall take hold of one man in that day, saying, “We will eat our own bread and wear our own clothes, only let us be called by your name; take away our reproach.”' Taking on a man's name certainly appears to be a request for marriage.
"Eat our own bread, and wear our own clothes" implies they will be self-provident. And marriage is more of a formality.
It certainly appears to be written in the context that the situation will be so bad that there won't be enough men to go around. As I said, there are no guarantees that there will be an exact pairing, men to women.
Agreed. I made that argument earlier.

With the respected positions of Abraham and King David described in the Bible. I have a hard time seeing polygamy as a perversion as homosexuality. Not that I'm as justifying polygamy and saying it's perfectly acceptable. If Abraham or King David were homosexual, there would be a different story in the Bible.

And while I agree your point is valid to Mormons in general, I've already stated that I believe eternal polygamy will be platonic.

Agreed.

I cant imagine being in more than one marriage. But if I was called to take care of other women in a platonic sort of way, then I'd do it.
Is that what Mormon men were “called” to do? There was nothing platonic about it.

It doesn't make any sense at all.

There are a lot of Christians who would disagree with you on both points.

Again, you completely misunderstand our doctrines. I find it hard to believe you were a member of the church, especially if you don't the difference between a married couple, man and woman and a married couple man and man or woman and woman, where it relates to our doctrines.

Not a problem. You don't have to. It's not a requirement for salvation or exaltation.

That's the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. I have to wonder, based on that logic, why women don't always have twins? :rolleyes:
You are the most compassionate person. This is getting tiresome. Believe what you want. I'm not trying to change your personal beliefs.

I think you know full well that your feelings have nothing to do with truth. You may not and if that's true I truly feel sorry for you.
No need to feel sorry for me. I have Jesus and that's all I need. I would come back with some snarky retort, but I'm really not trying to be mean. I really don't like discussing when it's with defensiveness and anger. I'm going to just say goodbye for now. Have a good day BoJ. Talk to you later! Maybe we can both relax and approach our differences with love and openness later :)

Agreed.

I can understand your thought on that I just don't think that the majority of members think some eternal marriages will be platonic. But honestly if that were the case I would consider it. But if marriage here is for making children and bringing waiting Spirits to earth then wouldn't you think it might be the same in Heaven only having spiritual babies? Not that I agree with that, just had that thought :)

:rolleyes:

Why even bother getting married. I mean, if the marriage is pretend, why not pretend every part of it?
Marriage is the means of being a part of the celestial order. Maybe it's the 2nd degree of the celestial kingdom.
People who receive the gospel after mortality aren't going to the celestial kingdom, but the terrestrial kingdom. (D&C 76:74) Who's to say those celestial beings who accept a marriage after mortality get the blessings, but not the fullness? I don't know. There's a lot of unknowns, but adding to the scriptures isn't the solution, we have to accept what it says.

Marriage is the means of being a part of the celestial order. Maybe it's the 2nd degree of the celestial kingdom.
People who receive the gospel after mortality aren't going to the celestial kingdom, but the terrestrial kingdom. (D&C 76:74) Who's to say those celestial beings who accept a marriage after mortality get the blessings, but not the fullness? I don't know. There's a lot of unknowns, but adding to the scriptures isn't the solution, we have to accept what it says.
Christ said there is no marriage after death.

D&C 76 is a garbled bunch of nonsense. I just read it again. Joseph Smith wanted to know “secrets.” He wanted to be seen as knowing everything God knows, and being more important than anyone else. He made it all up.

Not very fair for all the people in history who died without marriage. Unless you want to talk about the Mormon belief of being assigned to a spouse in the millennium, which is another repugnant idea.
No such "Mormon belief" exists. All marriages can and will be performed here on this earth or in a terrestrial world, but not in heaven. Adam and Eve, married in the garden of Eden. When the Lord has returned to rule during the Millennium, this world will be a Terrestrial world and just like we perform marriages for those who are dead, we will be performing marriages for those who have died without the opportunity to get married.

Joseph Smith taught that the mothers of those deceased children will be able to raise them to maturity, This will give them an opportunity to find a companion and get married, but it will be a mortal who performs the ordinances for them just like we perform ordinances for the dead today.

How all that is supposed to happen, I don't know. But the opportunity will be afforded to all who have ever lived or would have lived on this earth.

No such "Mormon belief" exists. All marriages can and will be performed here on this earth or in a terrestrial world, but not in heaven. Adam and Eve, married in the garden of Eden. When the Lord has returned to rule during the Millennium, this world will be a Terrestrial world and just like we perform marriages for those who are dead, we will be performing marriages for those who have died without the opportunity to get married.

Joseph Smith taught that the mothers of those deceased children will be able to raise them to maturity, This will give them an opportunity to find a companion and get married, but it will be a mortal who performs the ordinances for them just like we perform ordinances for the dead today.

How all that is supposed to happen, I don't know. But the opportunity will be afforded to all who have ever lived or would have lived on this earth.
I said during the millennium. That’s here on this earth. That is mormon belief, that marriages will be performed then. In a meeting with Harold B. Lee in the temple when I was in the mission home, someone asked him what will happen to single women who can’t get into the celestial kingdom. He said they would be given to husbands during the millennium. It always reminded me of early mormon leaders who compared wives to cattle.

I said during the millennium
You said "assigned". :rolleyes:
That is mormon belief, that marriages will be performed then.
So, I got one right? :eek:
In a meeting with Harold B. Lee in the temple when I was in the mission home, someone asked him what will happen to single women who can’t get into the celestial kingdom. He said they would be given to husbands during the millennium.
And, of course, that means assigned. :rolleyes:

You said "assigned". :rolleyes:

So, I got one right? :eek:

And, of course, that means assigned. :rolleyes:
“Given to”... same as assigned. Herded around between owners. Stand in line, and when it’s your turn, you’re given to some man to have spirit babies forever and ever. It’s a glorious prospect mormon women have to look forward to. Or else you can become an eternal servant to those who are far more worthy because they’re married. That is what Joseph Smith said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back