Polygamy & Judging Righteously

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the way it was set up in mormonism. That’s the way it was intended to continue.
I think Brigham Young and Joseph Smith were the cultivators of that behavior and it no longer continues today in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In offshoots, yes. Polygamy is still spiritually practiced but young girls are not married off even though parents can in many states sign off for their teens to be married.

I think Brigham Young and Joseph Smith were the cultivators of that behavior and it no longer continues today in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In offshoots, yes. Polygamy is still spiritually practiced but young girls are not married off even though parents can in many states sign off for their teens to be married.
It was temporarily suspended in mormonism, but the plan is for it to be reinstated at some point.

It was temporarily suspended in mormonism, but the plan is for it to be reinstated at some point.
Do you have proof of this? I have only even heard that it was ended. I've never heard that it is to be reinstated ever. I would be interested to hear about that.

My point was simply.that.marriages will not occur in heaven after the resurrection. I believe there is something fundamentally wrong with entering a relationship if u wait untill u know everything about the person before u marry them. The whole prospect of marriage is learning to work together and in many cases learning to love someone when there are things they do that u hate .

So let me see if I understand you...

Brigham Young (who was a "prophet", as I understand it), taught false teachings, but you teach absolute infallible FACT (like, "marriages will NOT occur in heaven after the resurrection".

That's one of the many problems with Mormonism. They throw their leaders under the bus, and everyone has their own novel teachings. God is not the god of confusion.

So let me see if I understand you...

Brigham Young (who was a "prophet", as I understand it), taught false teachings, but you teach absolute infallible FACT (like, "marriages will NOT occur in heaven after the resurrection".

That's one of the many problems with Mormonism. They throw their leaders under the bus, and everyone has their own novel teachings. God is not the god of confusion.
I think that one problem is that all humans are fallible. The prophet, the pope, preachers, all of us. So while some people hold the pope or Mormon prophets as infallible that is where it seems later that they are throwing them under the bus. I do agree however there did seem to be a sense of infallibility of the prophet when I was Mormon.

I think that one problem is that all humans are fallible. The prophet, the pope, preachers, all of us. So while some people hold the pope or Mormon prophets as infallible that is where it seems later that they are throwing them under the bus. I do agree however there did seem to be a sense of infallibility of the prophet when I was Mormon.

Maybe you miss the irony.
All of Mormonism is an abomination, and all their "professors" ("prophets") are all corrupt.
If Joseph Smith was alive today, God will have told him to join NONE of the Mormon sects, and follow NONE of the Mormon prophets.

Double standards abound.

Maybe you miss the irony.
All of Mormonism is an abomination, and all their "professors" ("prophets") are all corrupt.
If Joseph Smith was alive today, God will have told him to join NONE of the Mormon sects, and follow NONE of the Mormon prophets.

Double standards abound.
You are probably right. But I think today people probably would have rejected Smith all the way around. At least I think most people, save for a few weak minded ones.

Arranged marriages are not relationsips.
You are entitled to your opinion, but there are a lot of arranged marriages that wouldn't agree with you. It has worked very well for a very long time. But there are no arranged marriages in the Millennium and I don't believe we teach that there will be.

That’s the way it was set up in mormonism. That’s the way it was intended to continue.
Again, you are entitled to your opinion, but that does not make it fact. There are no arranged marriages that I'm aware of that did not require the consent of the woman.

gaslighting. What does Brigham Young's teachings have to do with what I said and when did I ever state mine are absolute infallible FACT?

gaslighting. What does Brigham Young's teachings have to do with what I said and when did I ever state mine are absolute infallible FACT?

Do you admit that you (who is not a "prophet") could possibly be wrong?
Because your posts don't indicate that as any kind of possibility.

Do you admit that you (who is not a "prophet") could possibly be wrong?
Because your posts don't indicate that as any kind of possibility.
Still gaslighting. I have never made the claim for infallibility. Disagreeing with your ideas about what we believe is not a claim to infallibility.

12-14 years olds are not women. They’re children.
I'm sure that they are. I believe your arguments are based on presentism. I'm still waiting for the evidence that this is the "plan" when we return to polygamy. Until that surfaces then it's just your opinion. Also, where is the evidence that any of these women did not consent or agree with the marriage?

this is from FAIR: "But the modern age limits in most states represent only the modern attitude. The age of consent under English common law was ten. United States law did not raise the age of consent until the late nineteenth century. In Joseph Smith's day, most states still had the declared age of consent to be ten. Some had raised it to twelve, and Delaware had lowered it to seven!" Which footnotes reference comes from here: "See Melina McTigue, "Statutory Rape Law Reform in Nineteenth Century Maryland: An Analysis of Theory and Practical Change," (2002), accessed 5 Feb 2005."

Do, you can sit on your high horse and judge Mormonism if you like, but your opinion has little relevance to the facts. One more question, Mary was about 14 when she gave birth to Jesus. Do you think she gave her consent? Was she just a child? Don't you think there was some coercion there? I mean, who could say not to God, right? And what did she ever do to find favor his God's sight?

Why don't you turn your wrath on God? eh?

Since when can young girls give consent? Their brains aren’t even fully developed yet.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
This is an open door that I refuse to go through, but again, your opinion on the subject is irrelevant. I just took a stab on the internet for the age when the brain is fully developed and came up with a consensus that it isn't fully developed until the age of 25 which means that almost all first marriages are made by people without fully developed brains not that it makes any difference.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
This is an open door that I refuse to go through, but again, your opinion on the subject is irrelevant. I just took a stab on the internet for the age when the brain is fully developed and came up with a consensus that it isn't fully developed until the age of 25 which means that almost all first marriages are made by people without fully developed brains not that it makes any difference.
The male brain is even slower to develop, which explains a lot of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back