Poor Misguided Peter

Our Lord's God

Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.... 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 And if it is with difficulty that the righteous is saved, what will become of the godless man and the sinner? 1 Peter 4

Peter is way off base here. You can't cease your sinning. What's with this guy? Doesn't he know any better? No, no, you can't stop sinning, you just sin noticeably less...... you know.... just set your own standard on how much sinning is acceptable...... just make sure it's not quite as much as before you were saved... because well that's just won't seem right..... RIGHT?

And what's this silly theology Peter is babbling on about.... "with difficulty the righteous are saved"...... yeah right ..... the gift of salvation is "difficult"..... did no one teach Peter proper Protestant theology?.......

....and what's with this statement, "what will become of the godless man and the sinner?" If the righteous are barely saved what will become of sinners? Doesn't Peter know that all men are sinners. Peter was really lost man. He just didn't know his stuff.

RIGHT?

Dizerner

99.9% holiness is not enough for God.

He's not an "almost holy" God and he doesn't accept "almost perfect" holiness.

If you really believed that—you'd know you are in big trouble, because all the holiness you think you've achieved won't be enough to God.

Notice Peter uses the singular of sin here. He does not say "cease from sins," but the Bible uses the singular sin to stand for the sin nature, which I'm not even sure you believe in, but is everywhere Biblically attested.

Peace only by faith in Christ, not by works of the Law which will condemn all men.

Our Lord's God

99.9% holiness is not enough for God.

He's not an "almost holy" God and he doesn't accept "almost perfect" holiness.

If you really believed that—you'd know you are in big trouble, because all the holiness you think you've achieved won't be enough to God.

Notice Peter uses the singular of sin here. He does not say "cease from sins," but the Bible uses the singular sin to stand for the sin nature, which I'm not even sure you believe in, but is everywhere Biblically attested.

Oh really? That's quite a story you invented for yourself.

Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. 3 For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries. 4 In all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excesses of dissipation, and they malign you; 5 but they will give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

Want to try again?

Peace only by faith in Christ, not by works of the Law which will condemn all men.

You don't seem to care for Peter's words too much.

civic

Oh really? That's quite a story you invented for yourself.

Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. 3 For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries. 4 In all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excesses of dissipation, and they malign you; 5 but they will give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

Want to try again?

You don't seem to care for Peter's words too much.
do you have a point in this thread if so articulate that point.

oh and don't quote the bible, I'm asking you to articulate your point.

do you know what articulate means ?

here let me help you in case there is any misunderstanding my question.

articulate - (of a person or a person's words) having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently

Our Lord's God

do you have a point in this thread if so articulate that point.

It went over your head again did it?

oh and don't quote the bible, I'm asking you to articulate your point.

do you know what articulate means ?

here let me help you in case there is any misunderstanding my question.

articulate - (of a person or a person's words) having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently

Is this your "show and tell" way of letting us know what you learned today?

civic

It went over your head again did it?

Is this your "show and tell" way of letting us know what you learned today?
you made my point, you have no point since you are incapable of articulating what you mean by quoting scripture.

its typical with all heterodox, cults, uni's, ism's etc..........................

rossh

you made my point, you have no point since you are incapable of articulating what you mean by quoting scripture.

its typical with all heterodox, cults, uni's, ism's etc..........................
haha, yet another whos word is greater that the Word of God.... Scripture is Gods Word and Salvation who believe.. I remember you form years ago and I always considered you as being a " Christian " a true believer and follower of Yeshua. Oh well I have been wrong many times before this.

civic

haha, yet another whos word is greater that the Word of God.... Scripture is Gods Word and Salvation who believe.. I remember you form years ago and I always considered you as being a " Christian " a true believer and follower of Yeshua. Oh well I have been wrong many times before this.
Are you a unitarian or a trinitarian or neither ?

rossh

Are you a unitarian or a trinitarian or neither ?
I am a Christian, saved by the Lord Yeshua, I have confessed Him in public to my congregation and baptised into the Messiah.. Romans 10.. and such the like.
Oh sorry CIVIC, I may have had a different alias back then, years ago.. God Bless you just the same..

civic

I am a Christian, saved by the Lord Yeshua, I have confessed Him in public to my congregation and baptised into the Messiah.. Romans 10.. and such the like.
Oh sorry CIVIC, I may have had a different alias back then, years ago.. God Bless you just the same..
if you don't mind me asking what was your old handle ?

rossh

if you don't mind me asking what was your old handle ?
Hooraa,, I think was the first..? I also left when going overseas but came back after a year 1997 left again 1999 and 2001 ? ( Had the travelling bug ). God Bless you.