Pope backs civil unions

So what, he is just a man. I would prefer to follow Jewish traditions and they are not considered scripture but a second level. RCs either love or hate Luther, make up your minds. He is either wrong or right. Confusion comes from one source. I don't follow Luther.
I don't follow Luther either, nor do I love him or hate him. But what do you think of the fact that when the RCC called Luther in before the 'Diet of Worms,' and there was told that he had to recant his teaching about 'Justification by Faith Alone', Luther gave an answer asking the Council if he could have a night to think it over before he gave them his answer.

Well, on the next day he appeared before that tribunal which was demanding that he recant of his teaching which really amounted to the purity of the Gospels. Luther responded with those now famous words: "Here I stand, I can do no other!" Is there something about what Luther said that is crucial to what it is to be a Christian, something that is crucial to the purity of the Gospel and the truth of the Scriptures themselves?

I don't follow Luther either, nor do I love him or hate him. But what do you think of the fact that when the RCC called Luther in before the 'Diet of Worms,' and there was told that he had to recant his teaching about 'Justification by Faith Alone', Luther gave an answer asking the Council if he could have a night to think it over before he gave them his answer.

Well, on the next day he appeared before that tribunal which was demanding that he recant of his teaching which really amounted to the purity of the Gospels. Luther responded with those now famous words: "Here I stand, I can do no other!" Is there something about what Luther said that is crucial to what it is to be a Christian, something that is crucial to the purity of the Gospel and the truth of the Scriptures themselves?
One has to stand up and speak the truth. One has to point out the wolves and the false doctrines. One does not look idly by when another person is being harmed. Jesus stood up for the truth, He pointed out the wolves and He stepped into help others.

So let me see at the time of Luther there was a greedy pope who preached false doctrines and robbed the poor. Then we had Luther who saw the truth and spoke up about even though he faced death. Which person was more Christlike.

One has to stand up and speak the truth. One has to point out the wolves and the false doctrines. One does not look idly by when another person is being harmed. Jesus stood up for the truth, He pointed out the wolves and He stepped into help others.

So let me see at the time of Luther there was a greedy pope who preached false doctrines and robbed the poor. Then we had Luther who saw the truth and spoke up about even though he faced death. Which person was more Christlike.
Of course the RCC would not admit who the most Christlike person in this event was. Their response to Luther's dramatic, brave and forthright stand was that he would not recant unless the RCC could show him from the Bible, to be wrong. And hence, the antagonistic response of Roman Catholic's for hundreds of years has basically been, "Well, Protestants simply have their 'paper' pope (the Bible); but we have our living pope!"
But in saying that it seems that RC's are really demonstrating why it is that Protestants have to hold out for sola Scriptura, because when they pit what they call the "paper' pope of the Bible against the "living " pope who sits in Rome, what the Roman Catholic is actually saying is that the person who sits on the papal chair in Rome is more authoritative than the Bible itself! And, as we know, THAT is exactly what Luther was concerned about.

So what, he is just a man. I would prefer to follow Jewish traditions and they are not considered scripture but a second level. RCs either love or hate Luther, make up your minds. He is either wrong or right. Confusion comes from one source. I don't follow Luther.
yes, you prefer jewish traditions that do not recognize jesus as the messiah and the new testament books. what a contradiction!

Of course the RCC would not admit who the most Christlike person in this event was. Their response to Luther's dramatic, brave and forthright stand was that he would not recant unless the RCC could show him from the Bible, to be wrong. And hence, the antagonistic response of Roman Catholic's for hundreds of years has basically been, "Well, Protestants simply have their 'paper' pope (the Bible); but we have our living pope!"
But in saying that it seems that RC's are really demonstrating why it is that Protestants have to hold out for sola Scriptura, because when they pit what they call the "paper' pope of the Bible against the "living " pope who sits in Rome, what the Roman Catholic is actually saying is that the person who sits on the papal chair in Rome is more authoritative than the Bible itself! And, as we know, THAT is exactly what Luther was concerned about.
actually, luther himself is guilty of the same accusation he hurls at the catholic church. luther places himself above the bible when in his preface refusing the canonicity of the book of james, he states, 'I will not have him in my Bible to be numbered among the true chief books" and advised that they, 'should throw the epistle of James out of this school, for it doesn’t amount to much.' calling the book of James an 'epistle of straw'.

actually, luther himself is guilty of the same accusation he hurls at the catholic church. luther places himself above the bible when in his preface refusing the canonicity of the book of james, he states, 'I will not have him in my Bible to be numbered among the true chief books" and advised that they, 'should throw the epistle of James out of this school, for it doesn’t amount to much.' calling the book of James an 'epistle of straw'.
catholics throw out the whole of scripture and follow the ccc.

yes, you prefer jewish traditions that do not recognize jesus as the messiah and the new testament books. what a contradiction!

NOWHERE near what I said.

Your false church, false religion and traditions is worse that the Jewish traditions. The Jewish traditions recognize God at least and foretell of Jesus. The NT books is the continuation of the OT. The NT constantly quotes the OT. The Jewish traditions were closer to God's word than your so called RCC traditions which teach false doctrines.

Confusions comes from one source and RCs sometimes want to follow the OT and other times want to replace it. Make up your minds. The love Luther, they hate Luther more confusion.

I totally accept the NT BOOKS not your add ons, which are not scripture.

Do NOT misrepresent my post, it is bearing false witness.

Just another thought the RCC does not recognize the real Jesus, so really what is it your are saying. At least the Jewish people knew God and did not give Him a co creator.

Jesus and the apostles were Jewish.
jesus is an ethnic jew and also a religious jew but he completed the jewish religion by being the messiah the prophets foretold. the completed form of the jewish religion is christianity and its adherents are christians or followers of christ. unfortunately many ethnic jews did not recognize jesus as the messiah and remained in an incomplete form of judaism. the apostles and their followers recognize jesus as the messiah and embraced a new, completed form of judaism. later on, even if one is not ethnically jew, one can be a follower of jesus christ. which one are you?

NOWHERE near what I said.

Your false church, false religion and traditions is worse that the Jewish traditions. The Jewish traditions recognize God at least and foretell of Jesus. The NT books is the continuation of the OT. The NT constantly quotes the OT. The Jewish traditions were closer to God's word than your so called RCC traditions which teach false doctrines.

Confusions comes from one source and RCs sometimes want to follow the OT and other times want to replace it. Make up your minds. The love Luther, they hate Luther more confusion.

I totally accept the NT BOOKS not your add ons, which are not scripture.

Do NOT misrepresent my post, it is bearing false witness.
why can't you be honest that you accepted the 27 new testament books the catholic church determined and the palestinian canon as your old testament.

Back