Pope Francis apologies to indigenous people in Canada for forced assimilation

Bonnie

...of their children in various Catholic-run schools. That is a step in the right direction:

Has anyone else read about this?

Makes me wonder what future RC popes will be apologizing for regarding what the Catholics today are doing.

...of their children in various Catholic-run schools. That is a step in the right direction:...
Yes and no; Pope apologized for co-operating with Canadian Gov't; but what if the Pope was behind it?
What if this accomplishes the true goal of uniting all under the Papacy and the NWO.
I was married to one of those victims; so, I'm well aware of the pain, suffering, mistrust toward those in power who continue to this day take away fundamental freedoms.

Yes and no; Pope apologized for co-operating with Canadian Gov't; but what if the Pope was behind it?
What if this accomplishes the true goal of uniting all under the Papacy and the NWO.
I was married to one of those victims; so, I'm well aware of the pain, suffering, mistrust toward those in power who continue to this day take away fundamental freedoms.
I thought the same.
The woman in scarlet is spreading wide her robes.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

...of their children in various Catholic-run schools. That is a step in the right direction:

I heard a snippet on TV news but it happened in more than Canada. But the pope is constantly saying sorry. But it reminds me of Adam blaming Eve who God gave him for his sin. The RCC blaming the Canadian Government for its actions.

This is just another of many apologies since Vatican 2. Pope John Paul 2 started straight off the bat in the early 80s apologising for all Christians having any part in slave trading. He did that while in Africa and at other times. He also apologised for treatment of Indigenous people of Australia and around the Oceania region. It's the right thing to do.

This is just another of many apologies since Vatican 2. Pope John Paul 2 started straight off the bat in the early 80s apologising for all Christians having any part in slave trading. He did that while in Africa and at other times. He also apologised for treatment of Indigenous people of Australia and around the Oceania region. It's the right thing to do.
But words that do not change anything at all. There is no penance, no making amends to the victims. No changes in attitudes at all.

More importantly, if the RCC still had the power and sway it had....it would still be doing the same thing.
Your are right.

Oh you must remember those RCs in the past who have posted on here, they miss the good old days when they could kill those they call heretics.

This was supposed to be an apology to the First Nations.

But they tried to turn it into a propaganda campaign for the Catholic church. See itinerary.

Wow, that is something! It must have been awful for him/her.

Wow, that is something! It must have been awful for him/her.
I need to make a correction here; I was married to my wife whose family members and relatives who were in the residential schools; although my wife was at the tail end and eligible in the class action suit. She passed away of cancer four years ago, and therefore not able/qualified to apply; her living siblings did apply.

I need to make a correction here; I was married to my wife whose family members and relatives who were in the residential schools; although my wife was at the tail end and eligible in the class action suit. She passed away from cancer four years ago, and therefore not able/qualified to apply; her living siblings did apply.

People treat their own animals far better than the Vatican's employees treated these children in these Roman Catholic concentration camps.

You will know them by their fruits.

• Wow
Reactions: Mik

I need to make a correction here; I was married to my wife whose family members and relatives who were in the residential schools; although my wife was at the tail end and eligible in the class action suit. She passed away of cancer four years ago, and therefore not able/qualified to apply; her living siblings did apply.
I am sorry for your loss and the suffering of those you know.

People treat their own animals far better than the Vatican's employees treated these children in these Roman Catholic concentration camps.

You will know them by their fruits.
There are so many good fruits attributable to the Church and Catholics that such a blanket judgment doesn't apply.

There are so many good fruits attributable to the Church and Catholics that such a blanket judgment doesn't apply.
Wrong the blanket judgement does apply.

Nowhere in scripture does it say there is a balance scale that puts good fruit on one side and bad on the other.

Scripture is clear any bad fruit makes the tree bad. Your tree is bad. Over the centuries it has hidden sin, murder, started wars, tortured people, had orgies, committed incest, had children out of wedlock, taught false doctrines, forced people to convert, destroyed the writings and history of others, added to scripture, gone beyond scripture, committed rapes, harmed children, molested children, mistreated unwed mothers, and the mothers whose children were still born and that is just some of what the leadership has done.

Mtt 7:18

A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit.

Matt 7:15-20

Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.
A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits.

Matt 12:23

“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit.

Luke 3:9

Indeed the axe is already laid at the root of the trees; so every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.”

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Bearing-Bad-Fruit

Your tree is bad and it is known by its fruit.

I am sorry about your wife. I hope her siblings get restitution.

Back