Popular Protestant Youtuber converting to Catholicism

Stella1000

Cameron Bertuzzi from Capturing Christianity set out to prove Catholic teaching to be in error and found it ultimately to be true and authentic, has announced this week he is on the journey to conversion.

Some good advice to him and all those journeying towards Catholicism comes from Keith Nester himself a convert to Catholicism.

Cameron Bertuzzi from Capturing Christianity set out to prove Catholic teaching to be in error and found it ultimately to be true and authentic, has announced this week he is on the journey to conversion.

Some good advice to him and all those journeying towards Catholicism comes from Keith Nester himself a convert to Catholicism.

Popular I have never heard of him and it means nothing at all. He is being deceived and man has been deceived since the garden. No interest in this rubbish.

Yes, which would have made it very newsworthy had he converted from a genocidal dictator into a nice guy.
"Nice guy"? My "Tanta Hedwig" (Aunt Heddy) – who grew up in southern Germany in the 30s and 40s – thought that Hitler was the best thing since sauerkraut. Maybe better. As did quite a few adult Germans.

Had he stopped carrying out his "uber-menschen" program, the only thing he would have gotten into the papers for would have been his sudden obituary. "Suspicious circumstances", "rounding up the usual suspects", etc

Movie stars, sports players, and politicians are popular too. But it doesn't mean anything for popularity and human judgments will not be the final judge, nor will your institution. Because God, Himself will have the final say on the day of judgement.

Believing in Jesus, means trusting Him solely at His word.

John 5:24
“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 19:30
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Protestants who convert to Catholicism in a nutshell:

Mat 23:15
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Does that give you pause to wonder if anyone can truly know they are truly saved, until they get to the end?

We are if our total trust is in God from start to finish. If a person relies on his own power, strength and will, to make him/her right with God, then Christ is of no value to him/her.

Jeremiah 17:5
This is what the LORD says: “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD

Psalm 118:8
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

Psalm 146:3
Put not your trust in princes, in mortal man, who cannot save.

Isaiah 2:22
Put no more trust in man, who has only the breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?

Think about this, rc's get baptized, fall from grace, confess, receive communion and 'hope' they are on the upside before they die. All of this is placing trust in man, because there is reliance on a man and in yourself. A rc priest has no more hope than the laity he preaches to. Because he is a human being also, and goes through the same cycle the laity does.

I'm very familiar with this. I've also commented on Keith Nesters videos routinely. Hes wrong about a lot. If i'm not on CARM i'm on Youtube. I've watched the video of him on several other channels feeling out the rcc and then on Matt Frads channel explaining how he came to see the 'truth' of catholicsim. It would be hilarious if it weren't true. He used something called Bayesian statistics or analysis to prove the papacy either right or wrong. He collected what he thought were the best arguments for or against the papacy and assigned value to them. He even says he tried to be charitable to either side. So he essentially used his own ambigous numbers to influence his outcome. Nothing about Jesus or sin or anything like that. Just counting up numbers. And now hes catholic.

I'm very familiar with this. I've also commented on Keith Nesters videos routinely. Hes wrong about a lot. If i'm not on CARM i'm on Youtube. I've watched the video of him on several other channels feeling out the rcc and then on Matt Frads channel explaining how he came to see the 'truth' of catholicsim. It would be hilarious if it weren't true. He used something called Bayesian statistics or analysis to prove the papacy either right or wrong. He collected what he thought were the best arguments for or against the papacy and assigned value to them. He even says he tried to be charitable to either side. So he essentially used his own ambigous numbers to influence his outcome. Nothing about Jesus or sin or anything like that. Just counting up numbers. And now hes catholic.

Better to rely on Scripture to show us what is and what is not truth. Scripture will never leave us disappointed.

Better to rely on Scripture to show us what is and what is not truth. Scripture will never leave us disappointed.
Right. And now catholics, like catholic answers Trent Horn have said there is no explicit affirmation of the papacy in the bible. So one catholic says its not there and another wannabe catholic says it is. Trent is an apologist and the other guy is assigning random numbers on a spreadsheet and THATS his evidence. Good Lord, next we'll hear a testimony from some prot influencer that he/she used the magic 8 ball you find at Walmart. He'll say 'is the papacy true'? And it says 'yes definitely'. Cameron had a discussion with James White and White asked some basic questions about the rcc and the papacy Cameron had no idea about. Hes made some other off the wall remarks too.

Right. And now catholics, like catholic answers Trent Horn have said there is no explicit affirmation of the papacy in the bible. So one catholic says its not there and another wannabe catholic says it is. Trent is an apologist and the other guy is assigning random numbers on a spreadsheet and THATS his evidence. Good Lord, next we'll hear a testimony from some prot influencer that he/she used the magic 8 ball you find at Walmart. He'll say 'is the papacy true'? And it says 'yes definitely'. Cameron had a discussion with James White and White asked some basic questions about the rcc and the papacy Cameron had no idea about. Hes made some other off the wall remarks too.
The point at where ecumenical discussion about the papacy starts is not just with the appointment of the Rock (Matt 16 18) but with the structure of the Church described by Tradition and Scripture. The Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15) and the succession of a human authority recorded since the early Church. Through that discussion, it becomes quickly clear that dispensing with any notion of a universal human authority has been the ruin of communion.

The point at where ecumenical discussion about the papacy starts is not just with the appointment of the Rock (Matt 16 18) but with the structure of the Church described by Tradition and Scripture. The Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15) and the succession of a human authority recorded since the early Church. Through that discussion, it becomes quickly clear that dispensing with any notion of a universal human authority has been the ruin of communion.
More nonsense. There was no 'appointment' in Matt 16. The rock isn't Peter as we have proven over and over again. There is no papacy in the entire n.t. The council of Jerusalem didn't establish any succession. And church structure is described in detail in scripture, not centuries later. A 'universal human authority' such as your papacy has indeed been the ruin of millions of catholic lives.

Back