Practicing Catholics admit they do not have Christ with them, unless...

Atemi

Some Catholics have been crowing about the fact that a Catholic just went up on SpaceX's Dragon Crew-1. Of course, it is important to them to point out this RC is a real "practicing Catholic"....as if that means bonus points.

This astronaut, Mike Hopkins, was interviewed about eating the Eucharist in space, and he stated he would partake of it right before space walks. He said:

"It was really helpful for me to know that Jesus was with me when I went out the hatch into the vacuum of space."

Even in all his practicing Catholicism, he never learned that Jesus Christ is ALWAYS present with and IN His faithful. So the poor dude was duped into thinking that he has to eat a wafer for that to happen...and then Jesus leaves him until a future wafer is consumed.

What is most disturbing is that Catholics boast of this mindset and proudly put it into print and publish it worldwide. They do not even realize the true confession this is.

mica

Some Catholics have been crowing about the fact that a Catholic just went up on SpaceX's Dragon Crew-1. Of course, it is important to them to point out this RC is a real "practicing Catholic"....as if that means bonus points.

This astronaut, Mike Hopkins, was interviewed about eating the Eucharist in space, and he stated he would partake of it right before space walks. He said:

"It was really helpful for me to know that Jesus was with me when I went out the hatch into the vacuum of space."

Even in all his practicing Catholicism, he never learned that Jesus Christ is ALWAYS present with and IN His faithful. So the poor dude was duped into thinking that he has to eat a wafer for that to happen...and then Jesus leaves him until a future wafer is consumed.

What is most disturbing is that Catholics boast of this mindset and proudly put it into print and publish it worldwide. They do not even realize the true confession this is.
That they don't! and it's over and over in most posts.

Even as a former catholic I've always wondered when I hear or read the words 'practicing catholic' - just what does that mean? what are they practicing and why?

When I read the quote in your post my 1st thought was - "He wasn't with you prior to stepping thru the hatch? how sad that is..."

that wafer didn't make a difference !

Welcome back Atemi!

balshan

Welcome

Yep I didn't know you would have to eat Jesus for Him to be with you.

Another thought what good works did he do up in space?

Doesn't the cracker have to be consecrated in order to "become" Jesus? I wonder how Jesus feels about being kept in whatever container he is in kept in for the duration of this guy's trip into space. On the positive side, at least this guy does not have to worry about dropping Jesus on the floor.

Walking in the vacuum of space is no joke. It's a life and death situation. I don't think he believes that Christ wasn't with him. It is to calm his nerves to give him confidence in doing his work.

ding

It is sad that a former Catholic doesn't understand Catholic teachings. This op is what is disturbing.

Bonnie

Jesus is always with us who truly believe in Him for salvation, great and free. Didn't Jesus say "I will never leave you nor forsake you." And didn't He also say, "Lo, I am with you ALWAYS, even to the end of the age"?

nan

"I was able to take a small pyx up with me that had six wafers divided into four each, so I had 24 opportunities to receive Communion on orbit."

But that means the priest cut Jesus up!!! Oh, the horror! 😲

nan

Walking in the vacuum of space is no joke. It's a life and death situation. I don't think he believes that Christ wasn't with him. It is to calm his nerves to give him confidence in doing his work.
Those who know Jesus know that He is always with us. There's no need to consume a magic wafer to calm our nerves. What codswallop!

ding

any former catholic, who is now a believer. knows that the catholic teachings aren't true, they're made up by men.
That is a false statement. I was raised as a Catholic and was steared away from the Church by the Navigators.

After almost 25 years away from the Catholic Church and after having read and studied the Bible I have returned back to the Catholic Church. I realized that are teaching the truth.

1Thess521

That is a false statement. I was raised as a Catholic and was steared away from the Church by the Navigators.

After almost 25 years away from the Catholic Church and after having read and studied the Bible I have returned back to the Catholic Church. I realized that are teaching the truth.
Lay some of that truth on us:
Is Jesus omnipresent?

mica

mica said:
any former catholic, who is now a believer. knows that the catholic teachings aren't true, they're made up by men.

there's the reason you went back to the RCC. you were 'steered away' by the navigators, not called away by God. you mention nothing about Christ or being born again.