Prayer for the lost

So can it be said you pray out of some sense of obligation rather than desire? What does it mean that your prayer is part of God's decree?

Good questions.

'God bless / make this person subject to my whim'?? Through my prayers'?

They do do such.

Not sure God hears such.

Satan might though.

That's not a answer. Good dodge. When you pray for the lost what is it you would have God to do?
Perhaps from before the foundations of the earth it was Gods plan to have you pray for "so and so"....and it was God intention to hear your prayer and open their heart Lydia style....so they could be regenerated and undertand the gospel.

Perhaps from before the foundations of the earth it was Gods plan to have you pray for "so and so"....and it was God intention to hear your prayer and open their heart Lydia style....so they could be regenerated and undertand the gospel.

When do you stop with such?

Seriously

Your response is flawed just like your theology .

I really have to wonder why people would waste their time (and ours) posting such worthless drivel. We already KNOW you tihnk our theology is "flawed". You've told us about ten million times. Why do you feel the need to repeat something everyone already knows?

And I don't know if you're aare of this, but simply mud-slinging "Your response is flawed just like your theology" isn't going to convince anyone of anything. You have to have this thing called "evidence".

again what effect do your prayers have?

It helps conform our will to God's.
It increaes our relationship with our Father.
It reminds us of our completely dependence on our Creator.

Tthat persons status was determined before the foundation of the world in your theology

Yes, that's what Scripture teaches.
What's your point?
Would you prefer that we reject Scripture?

Does the Determinist pray for the lost and what is it you would have God to do?

I love how your side ALWAYS dodges questions by turning them back around, in the style of "I know you are but what am I?"

But thank you for continuing to destroy your credibility, but demonstrating that you are incapable of defending your false teachings.

In answer to the question you direct at us that you are INCAPABLE of answering yourself (since you know that the answer will prove your theology false, our answer is simple.

If by "lost" you mean reprobate and non-elect, we don't know who they are, so it is impossible to pray for them. If by "lost" you mean, those yet unsaved", then of course we pray for them, since we are commanded to.

What would we have God to do? We would have God do HIS own will. God is not some "puppet" who we operate according to our desires. Part of our prayer is recognizing God's sovereignty, and our total dependence on Him. That's why, "if this be your will, O Lord", or "not my will, but thy will" be done.

But your theology can't accept this answer, and in truth you have no answer, which is why you keep DODGING the question. Ironic how you constly accuse others of "dodging", but let's keep track of how often (ie. always) you and Tom constantly DODGE any question directed at you.

The bible says he is

1 Timothy 4:10 (LSB) — 10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

Simply saying "The bible says" doesn't explain the contradiction in your false theology.
And I doubt you would accept, "the bible says" from us in responses to YOUR accusation of "contradiction" in our theology.
Double standards much?

you do not know that

II. Although God knows whatsoever may or can come to pass upon all supposed conditions; yet hath he not decreed any thing because he foresaw it as future, or as that which would come to pass upon such conditions.

Westminster Assembly, The Westminster Confession of Faith: Edinburgh Edition (Philadelphia: William S. Young, 1851), 26–27.

Please explain why you think the above is the least bit at odds with what ReformedGuy said.
You seem to be posting texts at random.

Great! It says He is the savior of all men. Again, if all men are not saved, then how is He the Savior of all men? To be Savior means He saves them.

Exactly!
"All men" can be understood in different ways.
If "every single individual" is not saved,
then Jesus is not the saviour of "every single individual",
and therefore "all men" CANNOT mean, "every single individual".

Do you believe the bible?

1 Timothy 4:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Of course we believe the Bible.
We simply don't believer YOUR MISINTERPRETATION of the Bible.
Do you not understand the difference?
Do you not understand that you're not infallible?

But regardless...I think it's true that the average person who becomes a Christian does not do so on the first occasion of hearing the gospel, so in praying for the lost, we could simply be asking God to make sure that the person hears the gospel as many times as it takes for them to accept it without dying before then.

So you believe salvation comes through brainwashing, instead of through God's regeneration.
Interesting.
That at least explains the attempted brainwashing by the anti-Calvinists on this site.

So you believe salvation comes through brainwashing, instead of through God's regeneration.
Interesting.
That at least explains the attempted brainwashing by the anti-Calvinists on this site.
Maybe you have been “ brainwashed “ and not squirrelguy. tulip is brainwashed man made theology and not the gospel as some have falsely claimed

Back