Prayer for the lost.

Reformedguy

Question for our Provisionist/Arminian friends.

Do you pray for the lost? What is it you would have God to do? Especially the Provisionist who denies prevenient grace. Has not God done all He can do?

Do you pray for the lost? What is it you would have God to do? Especially the Provisionist who denies prevenient grace. Has not God done all He can do?
Try discussing things where you actually know what you are talking about

No one denies prevenient grace - grace which precedes salvation/belief

Try discussing things where you actually know what you are talking about

No one denies prevenient grace - grace which precedes salvation/belief
Your boy Leighton denies prevented grace.

Do you pray for the lost? For God to do what exactly? Try actually addressing the OP

Your boy Leighton denies prevented grace.

Do you pray for the lost? For God to do what exactly? Try actually addressing the OP
Sorry but you do not know what you are talking about

and nobody probably knows what prevented grace is

Calvinists: God gives life in order to believe.
Arminians: God gives ability to choose or reject.
Scripture: God gives creation testifying, law written in the hearts, conscience bearing witness, Holy Spirit reproving, the gospel the power of God unto salvation to whosoever believes.
Provisionist: Not sure how they define prevenient grace.

Calvinists: God gives life in order to believe.
Arminians: God gives ability to choose or reject.
Scripture: God gives creation testifying, law written in the hearts, conscience bearing witness, Holy Spirit reproving, the gospel the power of God unto salvation to whosoever believes.
Provisionist: Not sure how they define prevenient grace.
Okay, so do you pray for the lost? If so what is it you would have God to do?

Okay, so do you pray for the lost? If so what is it you would have God to do?
God tells us to pray for all men, that would include the lost; I suppose it is up to God to do.

1Tim 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

God tells us to pray for all men, that would include the lost; I suppose it is up to God to do.

1Tim 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
This does not address my questions. If you pray for the lost what is it you would have God to do?

I pray for both saved and lost like scripture tells me to do that others have pointed out.

And you only pray for the saved ?

Why do they need prayer ?
You did not address my question. You pray for the lost as we all do. What is it you would God to do to answer your prayer?

I listen to Jesus and pray in private and refuse to engage you about boasting with prayer. That’s what the hypocrites , Pharisees did that Jesus condemns .
It's not about boasting. Your deflecting skills need work.

You pray for the lost. Good. Again, what is it you would have God to do to answer your prayer?

Jesus from Matthews gospel chapter 6

When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.”
When you pray for the lost what is it you would have God to do to answer your prayer?

I gave you my answers from the Bible with a few references on the topic of prayer . Thank you .
Unfortunately they are irrelevant to my question. The fact is God can do nothing in your theology. He has done all He can do. The rest is up to you. Your avoiding my question is very telling.

Back