Prayers to Mary

In RC thought, prayers to their Mary myth are even better than prayers to God Almighty.

Their Mary myth is the most powerful being and most loving and kindest being anywhere.

When I was a Catholic, we were taught to pray to this Mary myth to protect us from Jesus....who was out to get us to punish us.

They love this idol, so they lie to us and tell us the Apostles believed all this too.

In RC thought, prayers to their Mary myth are even better than prayers to God Almighty.

Their Mary myth is the most powerful being and most loving and kindest being anywhere.

When I was a Catholic, we were taught to pray to this Mary myth to protect us from Jesus....who was out to get us to punish us.

They love this idol, so they lie to us and tell us the Apostles believed all this too.
Yep! Many Roman Catholic prayers invoke Mary, and Vatican II continues to encourage "preserving prayer to the Mother of God and Mother of men." (The Church, 69)
The false prophets who run their institution. Mary brings in a lot of funds - rosaries, scapulas, statues etc.
Spot on! And these "false prophets" who run the religious institution known as the Roman Catholic Church, try to cover their dirty little tracks by falsely telling the gullible 'Mary' devotees which make up a huge population of Roman Catholics, that all their prayers are known as "intercessory" prayers in the Roman Catholic Church, making them ultimately directed to Jesus while honoring and praising His Mother.

And who or what is it that teaches Roman Catholics that bold-faced lie?
Our good friend Ligouri for one.

St. Germanus beautifully confirms this by saying to the Virgin: Thou art mother of God, omnipotent to save sinners, and needest no other recommendation with God, since thou art the mother of true life. St. Bernardine of Sienna does not hesitate to say that all obey the commands of Mary, even God himself ; signifying by these words, that God listens to her prayers as though they were commands.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 202

They used to use this verse too. The queen mother isn't refused anything. And since Mary is queen mother...

1 Kings 2:19 So Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him on behalf of Adonijah. And the king rose to meet her and bowed down to her. Then he sat on his throne and had a seat brought for the king's mother, and she sat on his right. 20 Then she said, “I have one small request to make of you; do not refuse me.” And the king said to her, “Make your request, my mother, for I will not refuse you.”

I guess they thought we wouldn't check it out. How did this play out?

1 Kings 2:22 King Solomon answered his mother, “And why do you ask Abishag the Shunammite for Adonijah? Ask for him the kingdom also, for he is my older brother, and on his side are Abiathar the priest and Joab the son of Zeruiah.” 23 Then King Solomon swore by the LORD, saying, “God do so to me and more also if this word does not cost Adonijah his life! 24 Now therefore as the LORD lives, who has established me and placed me on the throne of David my father, and who has made me a house, as he promised, Adonijah shall be put to death today.” 25 So King Solomon sent Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and he struck him down, and he died.

They don't use this around here anymore although i do still see it elsewhere. I guess mommy doesn't always get what she asks huh? And Mary isn't Q.M. But they think she is.

Why do RC's believe that prayers to their Roman Catholic Mary are better than prayers to any other saint, or better than any other kind of prayer?
I am not sure it is a question of "better than."

The question is one of the amount of graces given in the order of redemption.

Mary has a plenitude of Grace that no one else in salvation history has ever or will ever have. This is becasue her role in salvation history is unique. Mary represents both the period of promise and expectation and the period of fulfillment. Mary also serves as the bridge between those periods becasue she is the Mother of Christ.

It is the plentitude of Grace that Mary has which makes her prayers so powerful and efficacious. Scripture says that the prayers of a righteous man avail much. In the order of Grace and redemption, there is none more righteous than Mary. Thus, as a Christian woman, the prayers of Mary have a power that no other Christian person in history has ever or will ever have.

Mary has a plenitude of Grace that no one else in salvation history has ever or will ever have. This is becasue her role in salvation history is unique. Mary represents both the period of promise and expectation and the period of fulfillment. Mary also serves as the bridge between those periods becasue she is the Mother of Christ.

It is the plentitude of Grace that Mary has which makes her prayers so powerful and efficacious. Scripture says that the prayers of a righteous man avail much. In the order of Grace and redemption, there is none more righteous than Mary. Thus, as a Christian woman, the prayers of Mary have a power that no other Christian person in history has ever or will ever have.
I don't know where you pull all of this from. Mother church I'm guessing because it's certainly not from the bible. Which means it's not from God. Here is a verse to chew over.

2 Cor 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

Hmm all grace. To who, Mary? Nope. There's my verse, where's yours about all that stuff you just said?

Christ lives to intercede for us. Are His prayers less than Mary's? No, they are infinitely greater. Those prayers to Mary aren't getting past the ceiling.

I am sure that your retort has not shown how Roman Catholic Marian 'devotions' cause Christ to be rightly known, loved and glorified, and all of His commands observed.

Last edited:
I don't know where you pull all of this from.
What do you mean where I "pull this from." You act is if I just made it up on the fly.
Mother church I'm guessing because it's certainly not from the bible.
Becasue you say so?
Which means it's not from God.
Again, becasue you say so?
Here is a verse to chew over. 2 Cor 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;"

Hmm all grace. To who, Mary? Nope. There's my verse, where's yours about all that stuff you just said?
I didn't say "all grace," I said a "plentitude of Grace."

Every Christian is given the fullness of Grace. Not every Christian, however, has an equal capacity for Grace. Some Christians have a greater capacity than others. Mary has the greatest capacity.
Christ lives to intercede for us. Are His prayers less than Mary's? No, they are infinitely greater.
Yeah---of course they are. Christ intercedes between man and God! They better be infinitely greater! Mary does not intercede between man and God the Father. Mary intercedes between man and Christ.

What do you mean where I "pull this from." You act is if I just made it up on the fly.

Becasue you say so?

Every Christian is given the fullness of Grace. Not every Christian, however, has an equal capacity for Grace. Some Christians have a greater capacity than others. Mary has the greatest capacity.

Yeah---of course they are. Christ intercedes between man and God! They better be infinitely greater! Mary does not intercede between man and God the Father. Mary intercedes between man and Christ.
Let's put this to bed. Provide one Bible verse that states Mary, the mother of Jesus, intercedes between man and Jesus in heaven.

Why do RC's believe that prayers to their Roman Catholic Mary are better than prayers to any other saint, or better than any other kind of prayer?
Because they're TAUGHT TO by the leadership of the Roman Catholic religious system.

Roman Catholics are taught to denigrate Jesus, and to doubt His love for them, and that getting their PHONY "Mary thing" on their side will give 'em a better chance of getting what they want out of God. And Roman Catholics have no concept of being Born again by FAITH, and they have NO ASSURANCE of their salvation.

Last edited:

Becasue you say so?

It is made up or you would offer proof. Not by you necessarily, but it is made up.

Because you say so? See i can do it too.

I said all grace because thats what scripture actually says. I don't see proof of your claims anywhere.
You said this:

Mary has a plenitude of Grace that no one else in salvation history has ever or will ever have.

Does plenitude mean more than 'all'?

Mary intercedes between man and Christ.

Because you say so?

Last edited:
Show us you didn't just make it up by showing us where it's taught in scripture.

Otherwise, we have no reason to believe you're not just making it uo.
Becasue you say so?Again, becasue you say so?
Why not? That's what you're asking us to do.

And where do you get this idea? Do you have Biblical evidence, or do you just expect us to believe it because you say so?
Why? Why do we need a dead sinner to intercede between man and Christ?

Back