Prayers to Mary

Please William.... we do not have the authority given to the apostles..... PaLeeeze
No one had the certain powers that was bestowed upon the disciples. But stating that only Peter had a particular authority, to be passed down is not in the Scriptures. Also stating that only the Disciples had the power to bind and loose, is not in the scriptures. One has to read into the scriptures to try and draw that conclusion. Eisegesis.

correct due to the fact that it does not exist
And what of all the RCC blarney that doesn't exist in Scripture??
even though you have no life within you William? [Jn 6]
But I do! And what are you doing judging me? Shame on you!
excellent... let me know when you find the verse that states the keys given to Peter = everyone and the gospel
Let me know when you find the verse that says Peter had the "key of David" ok?

I don't that John, and I am sure you don't like my methods as a teacher but I don't get how you would twist it.

I answered as you did on Friday.... with a book to peruse. It is only one chapter John, with a nugget!

It shows one's character if they can't find something and then go on the offensive.

I disagree!

not even close ... why would you feel guilty when you are not part of the ministerial priesthood?

Do you always try to answer for others? Maybe that is why you won't open your mind/heart to the Catholic Church.

I started to, just like you did by telling me the book.

Indeed... what are your thoughts on Jude?
Prodding you to answer is not twisting.

You never answered. For anyone chosing to follow the thread, you were talking about Hebrews 9 and the priesthood. I said not to miss Hebrews 10. You, very coyly replied to not miss Jude, rather than discuss the topic, Hebrews with relation to the priesthood. that was avoidance.

When asked for the "nugget", you repeatedly refuse to answer, so I prodded.

If you disagree, you are free to stun us with your theological prowess and point it out. Until then, it is a thinly veiled application of all the bad things Jude is saying about ungodly unbelievers to me. If I missed something, tell me. If that is what you intended, either have the guts to tell me or keep practicing avoidance.

Difference being, I would have been happy to discuss the passage I brought up, but you preferred to practice avoidance, and when asked how it applied you play games.

I shared my thoughts on Jude. If you aren't making application of his thoughts on the ungodly and evil, then feel free to clarify.

No one had the certain powers that was bestowed upon the disciples. But stating that only Peter had a particular authority, to be passed down is not in the Scriptures. Also stating that only the Disciples had the power to bind and loose, is not in the scriptures. One has to read into the scriptures to try and draw that conclusion. Eisegesis.
Mt 16 keys to Peter and bind/loose.... not you, not me
Mt 18 bind/loose
But I do! And what are you doing judging me? Shame on you!
I'm referring to the Eucharist in Jn 6 William....

Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you DO NOT HAVE LIFE within you.

Prodding you to answer is not twisting.
The twisting was to say this 👇
Watch out, he'll tell you to read Jude as if it speaks of the priesthood, but is actually a thinly veiled application of all of Jude's condemnations to you
You, very coyly replied to not miss Jude
short enough to read and get back to me
When asked for the "nugget", you repeatedly refuse to answer, so I prodded.
if you go back and reread, make sure you see your attitude towards me
If you disagree, you are free to stun us with your theological prowess
you just can't seem to help yourself
Difference being, I would have been happy to discuss the passage
so would I with an open minded individual, not someone who grandstands

The twisting was to say this 👇

short enough to read and get back to me

if you go back and reread, make sure you see your attitude towards me

you just can't seem to help yourself

so would I with an open minded individual, not someone who grandstands
That was not twisting, that was prodding. You need to learn the difference.

I did read Jude. Numerous times, trying to see your point. I said there is no reference to the priesthood in it. There is not. You refuse to answer. You'd rather play games, which is how it started with the Hebrews 10 reference. Rather than stay on topic, throw things against the wall to see what will stick. I am happy to discuss, but have no patience for game playing. If I thought you wanted to work with me to understand something that would be one thing, but this is more like a game to win. I don't do that. If you'd like to show what you mean I would be happy to converse and consider. I can speak to my reference to Hebrews 10 too. You never said "How so?", to which I would have been happy to explain my thoughts. Instead you punch back with another unrelated passage and then act like I should know what you meant, even after I said I didn't That is not discussing in good faith.

I had no attitude. You brought up 9, I said not to forget 10. You never asked me what I was thinking. You'd have to show how I was grandstanding.

Authority and bind/loose for Peter; bind/loose for the other apostles

I won't help you find your mysterious verse that says the keys are the gospel given to all of us.

Indeed.... you have nothing William, except a wild imagination. Doesn't it trouble you as a bible only believer that you can't find the verse? 🔎 📖🔍
You have nothing at all. Peter is not the leader of the RCC, he would vomit it out, it is so evil.

Mt 16 keys to Peter and bind/loose.... not you, not me
Mt 18 bind/loose
Neither one of those verses mention anything about authority, or it being given to Peter. Neither does it elaborate that anyone was given authority to forgive sins or not to forgive.
Jesus stated that He has authority to forgive sins on earth. Mt. 9:6; Mk. 2:10; Lk. 5:24.
Jews knew it was blasphemy to claim such prerogatives that only God had. Mk. 2:7; Lk. 5:21.
John tells us that if we confess our sins, that Jesus is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I Jn. 1:9.
The New Covenant does not allow any human to claim a prerogative of God, nor would Jesus have done so, as He says it is Him alone who will be the New Covenant..."I will "!
Eph. 1:7 "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace".
Col. 2:13 "And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses".
The Scriptures are clear... Jesus has authority to forgive sins on earth. As pertaining to the plan of salvation...Jesus could not have given that authority to any mere human, as it would have been Blasphemy for Him to do so.
I'm referring to the Eucharist in Jn 6 William....
There is no such thing as eucharist mentioned in Jn. 6. Eisegesis.
Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you DO NOT HAVE LIFE within you.
And Jesus told the Samaritan woman; "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life".
Jesus water will be just fine for everlasting life.

Neither one of those verses mention anything about authority, or it being given to Peter. Neither does it elaborate that anyone was given authority to forgive sins or not to forgive.
Jesus stated that He has authority to forgive sins on earth. Mt. 9:6; Mk. 2:10; Lk. 5:24.
Jews knew it was blasphemy to claim such prerogatives that only God had. Mk. 2:7; Lk. 5:21.
John tells us that if we confess our sins, that Jesus is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I Jn. 1:9.
The New Covenant does not allow any human to claim a prerogative of God, nor would Jesus have done so, as He says it is Him alone who will be the New Covenant..."I will "!
Eph. 1:7 "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace".
Col. 2:13 "And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses".
The Scriptures are clear... Jesus has authority to forgive sins on earth. As pertaining to the plan of salvation...Jesus could not have given that authority to any mere human, as it would have been Blasphemy for Him to do so.

There is no such thing as eucharist mentioned in Jn. 6. Eisegesis.

And Jesus told the Samaritan woman; "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life".
Jesus water will be just fine for everlasting life.
The problem for RCs is that their leaders do not meet the scriptural standards for leaders. Therefore, that means they do not have authority from God at all. No matter what verses they quote, to be a leader in His church there are standards that must be met.

No it isn't and you are being deceptive with the way you are wording this post.
How was i being deceptive exactly? I stated the truth. If your understanding of praying to the saints is anything different than asking for them to pray for us, just like you would ask a Christian on earth to pray on your behalf, that is where the real issue is. I can explain what the CC teaches but if you do not accept it, then say that. unless you can accept the true teaching you cant really have a discussion on it. we end up debating what you THINK is what the CC teaches.

Last edited:
Praying to someone who may or may not be in heaven is not at all the same as asking a living friend or family member to pray for them. You know this, so why pretend it's the same?
I pretend nothing, i simply gave the CC teaching. You do not agree, that is your choice and opinion. The saint in heaven are alive and in Christ. They are not dead and can pray for us on our behalf.

Back