Prayers to Mary

The saint in heaven are alive and in Christ. They are not dead and can pray for us on our behalf.

If they are not dead, they will not be raised.

I love it when Catholics are sooooo desperate to promote their sect that they will actually deny the dead in Christ will be raised.

You would rather contradict the explicit teaching of our Lord to defend your sect leaders. How sad. Christ followers do not think this way.

I pretend nothing, i simply gave the CC teaching. You do not agree, that is your choice and opinion. The saint in heaven are alive and in Christ. They are not dead and can pray for us on our behalf.
Of course you pretend. CC teachings tells you something that is clearly not true and you pretend what they say is true.

Those who have died in Christ are alive to Christ, not to us! You can't see them, hear them, or talk to them. They can't hear what you're thinking and they know nothing about what's going on in your life. They don't help you find things or sell your house or protect you when you travel. All pure pagan mythology.

There is no evidence from God's word or the apostles teaching that the dead can pray for you. We are taught to pray to God. Clearly God's word means nothing to the Roman Catholic.

How was i being deceptive exactly? I stated the truth. If your understanding of praying to the saints is anything different than asking for them to pray for us, just like you would ask a Christian on earth to pray on your behalf, that is where the real issue is. I can explain what the CC teaches but if you do not accept it, then say that. unless you can accept the true teaching you cant really have a discussion on it. we end up debating what you THINK is what the CC teaches.
It is deceptive because you are justifying what God tells us not to do. You explain your version of RC thinking.

Let us just look at the prayer called St Brigid's blessing, nothing about God in it at all.

St. Brigid's Blessing​

May Brigid bless the house wherein we dwell.
Bless every fireside, every wall and door.
Bless every heart that beats beneath its roof.
Bless every hand that toils to bring its joy.
Bless every foot that walks portals through.
May Brigid bless the house that shelters us. From Irish Central.

I pretend nothing, i simply gave the CC teaching. You do not agree, that is your choice and opinion. The saint in heaven are alive and in Christ. They are not dead and can pray for us on our behalf.
You give your version of the RCC teaching. You don't know who is in heaven. I mean even your present pope has gone against centuries of teachings on Judas and now says he may be in heaven. For centuries he was condemned to hell.

Back