The biggest excuse which is no excuse, that babies, children, and the mentally challenged do not understand, but scripture says otherwise.
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
So the Father draws ALL of ANY AGE unto the Son to believe in Him to be saved. Our believing is not done by a persuasion of a man's speech but the Spirit's power.
1 Corinthians 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
So do not hinder the babies, nor the little children, nor the mentally challenged from hearing the gospel to believe in Him to be saved.
Mark 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
We can sing Christian songs to little babies, children, and mentally challenged as well as share the Good News with them.
Indeed, pregnant women can speak to their unborn child in the womb, since it is the Father that draws them unto the Son to believe in Him to be saved.
Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
Share the Good News with your captive audience today, trusting the Father to draw them unto the Son to believe in Him to be saved.
Let them come to the door of Jesus Christ in joy today, knowing the Father is the One that draws them to the Son to reveal His Son to them so they can believe in Jesus Christ to be saved..
1. You are using John 6:44 completely out of its context. Don't do that. It's one of the things that people who have been harmed by false religion will fault you for. You can use it to demonstrate election of those who will be redeemed, but not mental challenges.
2. Again, Matthew 11:25 has a context that you have ignored. Same thing for Mark 10:13. The use of
'babes and children' is used as an example against the puffed up, so called wise and intelligent. The gospel is not hard to understand.
3. Mark 9:23 does not begin to support your OP. In fact, it refutes it. Can the mentally challenged believe all things are possible?
4. I have a personal belief that speaking to one's child in utero might be effective, but the Bible doesn't teach it.
5. You have faith, but let's now allow God to gather the elect.
6. Last, and this is not meant to insult, but rather to keep the Bible free of personal theology. The Bible does not teach what you are saying it does.
7. The proper exegesis of scripture is what all Christians to do. I use the historical/grammatical hermeneutic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical-grammatical_method
8. The entire idea that we can impose our faulty beliefs upon the holy scriptures is wrong and can be dangerous.
9. There is no harm in preaching the gospel to every living creature, but let's not try to make the Bible say, what it does not say.