Preaching the Gospel !

newheart78

Yes. That word without is a adverb exō and means:

1. without, out of doors

Strangers they are, left out. Reminds me of those who were left out of Noahs ark, or the ones Jesus reference here Matt 35:10-12

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Excellent ! TY Brother !

brightfame52

Must Hear the Word and Understand it !

Matt 13:23,19

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

If we pay attention to Jesus words here, one must not only hear the Word of the Gospel to believe it, but also understand it !

So that means hear when Paul wrote to the Ephesians this Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard[and understood] the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

That word understand in Matt 13:23 is the greek word syniēmi and means:

to set or bring together

a) in a hostile sense, of combatants

2) to put (as it were) the perception with the thing perceived

a) to set or join together in the mind

1) i.e. to understand: the man of understanding

2) idiom for: a good and upright man (having the knowledge of those things which pertain to salvation)

Now in another scripture, Paul makes it clear that the Natural Man does not Understand nor seeks the True God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Also before New Birth the scripture says that the faculty of understanding is darkened Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

While alienated from God in the unregenerate state, the understanding is darkened Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

So it is impossible for an unregenerate person to hear, understand, and believe the Gospel of the Kingdom Matt 13:23, Eph 1:13

If one does believe the Gospel while alienated from God in a spiritual dead state of enmity, then they have done that which scripture states cannot be done, they have used their natural understanding to believe the Gospel

1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

In order to believe the Gospel as a Word of Salvation the Spiritual Truths it presents to the Mind must be spiritually discerned.

To Spiritually Discern Spiritual Truth one must be born into that Spiritual Kingdom of Realm of Things ! Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The one in Matt 13:23 that heard and understood, with the Good Ground Heart, was one who had been Born into the Kingdom of God !

newheart78

Must Hear the Word and Understand it !

Matt 13:23,19

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

If we pay attention to Jesus words here, one must not only hear the Word of the Gospel to believe it, but also understand it !

So that means hear when Paul wrote to the Ephesians this Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard[and understood] the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

That word understand in Matt 13:23 is the greek word syniēmi and means:

to set or bring together

a) in a hostile sense, of combatants

2) to put (as it were) the perception with the thing perceived

a) to set or join together in the mind

1) i.e. to understand: the man of understanding

2) idiom for: a good and upright man (having the knowledge of those things which pertain to salvation)

Now in another scripture, Paul makes it clear that the Natural Man does not Understand nor seeks the True God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Also before New Birth the scripture says that the faculty of understanding is darkened Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

While alienated from God in the unregenerate state, the understanding is darkened Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

So it is impossible for an unregenerate person to hear, understand, and believe the Gospel of the Kingdom Matt 13:23, Eph 1:13

If one does believe the Gospel while alienated from God in a spiritual dead state of enmity, then they have done that which scripture states cannot be done, they have used their natural understanding to believe the Gospel

1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

In order to believe the Gospel as a Word of Salvation the Spiritual Truths it presents to the Mind must be spiritually discerned.

To Spiritually Discern Spiritual Truth one must be born into that Spiritual Kingdom of Realm of Things ! Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The one in Matt 13:23 that heard and understood, with the Good Ground Heart, was one who had been Born into the Kingdom of God !

Amen for sure Brother !

brightfame52

Who obeys the Gospel ?

Isa 50:10

10 Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.

Those who obeys the voice of God's Servants, such as the Apostles, the Preachers of the Gospel were Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

And as when this Gospel Servant commanded the Philippian Jailor to Believe on Christ as Per Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

The word believe here is the greek word Pisteuo and means:

to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

a) of the thing believed

1) to credit, have confidence

b) in a moral or religious reference

1) used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul

2) to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith

3) mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith

2) to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity

a) to be intrusted with a thing

The word also means to commit !

As well in the Acts 16:31 reference it is an imperative in the greek:

The imperative mood corresponds to the English imperative, and expresses a command to the hearer to perform a certain action by the order and authority of the one commanding. Thus, Jesus' phrase, "Repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mk.1:15) is not at all an "invitation," but an absolute command requiring full obedience on the part of all hearers.

Now who is it that obeys the voice of the Apostles or the other Gospel Servants ? It is those fearing the Lord ! Isa 50:10

10 Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.

The Phillipian Jailor was at that time one that feareth the Lord by New Birth, and was in darkness as to the way of Righteousness or Salvation.

However, now being also born again, given a New Heart and Spirit, he could obey the voice of the servants of God, and believe on, commit to Jesus Christ.

When God's Fear is put into our hearts, then we depart from evil Prov 14:16

A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Prov 16:6

6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil.

Such a one must be the Jailor to obey the voice of Paul, the commissioned Servant of Jesus Christ 2 Cor 5:20, Such Persons to obey this command of the Gospel must fear God, and that by New Birth, because we men do not fear God by Nature according to scripture here Rom 3:18

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

So it is those who have been given a New Heart by New Birth that obeys the Gospel Ezk 36:26-27294

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

newheart78

Who obeys the Gospel ?

Isa 50:10

Those who obeys the voice of God's Servants, such as the Apostles, the Preachers of the Gospel were Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

And as when this Gospel Servant commanded the Philippian Jailor to Believe on Christ as Per Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

The word believe here is the greek word Pisteuo and means:

to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

a) of the thing believed

1) to credit, have confidence

b) in a moral or religious reference

1) used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul

2) to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith

3) mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith

2) to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity

a) to be intrusted with a thing

The word also means to commit !

As well in the Acts 16:31 reference it is an imperative in the greek:

Now who is it that obeys the voice of the Apostles or the other Gospel Servants ? It is those fearing the Lord ! Isa 50:10

The Phillipian Jailor was at that time one that feareth the Lord by New Birth, and was in darkness as to the way of Righteousness or Salvation.

However, now being also born again, given a New Heart and Spirit, he could obey the voice of the servants of God, and believe on, commit to Jesus Christ.

When God's Fear is put into our hearts, then we depart from evil Prov 14:16

A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Prov 16:6

6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil.

Such a one must be the Jailor to obey the voice of Paul, the commissioned Servant of Jesus Christ 2 Cor 5:20, Such Persons to obey this command of the Gospel must fear God, and that by New Birth, because we men do not fear God by Nature according to scripture here Rom 3:18

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

So it is those who have been given a New Heart by New Birth that obeys the Gospel Ezk 36:26-27294

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Exactly Brother !