Preaching the Gospel !

brightfame52

Grace is antecedent in the preservation of the saints !

Ps 37:28

For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

The saints are preserved forever, that is their spiritual interest in Christ. Now it is a negative reflection on the grace of God to teach that men must perfect the work of God in salvation by his own works; for the psalmist says Ps 138:8

8 The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Phil 1:6117

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

The foundation of Christian growth is knowing that it is God's work in you, He began it and will consummate it. All Spiritual progress is depended upon what God has done, is doing, and will do. God's Faithfulness ensures His work in believers until Jesus returns 1 Cor 1:8

So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thess 5:23

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

brightfame52

All of Salvation is of God !

The Gospel of the Grace of God, attributes all of Salvation unto the Eternal Purpose of God 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

It's pretty cut and dry here, Paul says:

1.Who saved us ! Who are the us ? Not limited to Paul and Timothy , but all Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4

2. according to His own purpose and grace

3. Which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began !

And Paul's gospel was centered in these Truths as we see in vs 10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Thats is the gospel includes the Truths of vs 9.

Salvations moving cause is the Sovereign [Rom 9:18] everlasting [ Jer 31:3] and immutable [Rom 9:29] Grace of the Triune God [Eph 2:4-5] by whom the saints were Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the World Eph 1:4, also predestinated to the adoption of Children, in order that all may redound to His Eternal Glory as per Rev 7:10

and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"[esv]

The freewillers however would prefer that it be said " Salvations belongs to our god and our freewills"

However

Salvations meritorious cause, that is salvation is not because of anything we did to get saved [faith or believe or repent] not of works of righteousness as stated in Titus 3:5, but the meritorious cause is the obedience unto death of the Lord Jesus Christ Rom 5:19 b

so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.

Phil 2:8

8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

His death was of the Grace, saving Grace of God Heb 2:9

9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

note: everyone here is limited to the context of everyone of the new covenant sons, which brings them to Glory

10 For it was fitting that he for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering [His Death].

Christ in His death hath obeyed in Behalf of the Sons He brings to Glory, He obeyed the Law for them [ Gal 4:4] enduring in their stead the punishment due unto their sins [ 1 Cor 15:3;Isa 53:5; Gal 3:13] and that His perfect God Honoring Righteousness was imputed to them, as their sins imputed to Him, and this is the meritorious grounds of their complete Justification before God, and not mans freewill.

And Salvations Efficient Cause is the Internal work of the Holy Ghost, Phil 2 :13, for He imparts into the soul the principal of life Eph 2:1; 1 Pet 1:23; 1 Jn 3:9, whenever He gives us a New Birth Jn 3:3-8 and delivers us from the power of darkness and translates us into the Kingdom of God's Dear Son, this is His Work in Salvation..

Salvation is therefore by the Three P's of God, The Fathers Purpose of Grace, The Son's Purchase of Grace and the Holy Ghost Power of Grace.

This is My Gospel Today.118

brightfame52

The Gospel of Election or the Grace of God !

I am amazed at how many, even of those claiming to believe the doctrines of Grace and election, do not consider it [Election] a Gospel doctrine to be preached in plain Gospel witnessing ! But that's just the problem, it is a foundational gospel Truth, and its negligence is due to the great deceiver himself, for to preach the Gospel of God's Grace as per Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Its a given, when preaching the Gospel of God's Grace, to explain the election of Grace per Rom 11:5-7

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

For if salvation is by Grace [election of grace] then it is no more of works [what we do], otherwise grace [election] would be no longer grace [election]

Folks that's just fundamental Gospel preaching on salvation by grace Eph 2:5-9

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

newheart78

The Gospel of Election or the Grace of God !

I am amazed at how many, even of those claiming to believe the doctrines of Grace and election, do not consider it [Election] a Gospel doctrine to be preached in plain Gospel witnessing ! But that's just the problem, it is a foundational gospel Truth, and its negligence is due to the great deceiver himself, for to preach the Gospel of God's Grace as per Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Its a given, when preaching the Gospel of God's Grace, to explain the election of Grace per Rom 11:5-7

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

For if salvation is by Grace [election of grace] then it is no more of works [what we do], otherwise grace [election] would be no longer grace [election]

Folks that's just fundamental Gospel preaching on salvation by grace Eph 2:5-9

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Amen Brother !

brightfame52

Election in the Gospel !

Now in light of these things and some people knowing full well that election is in the bible, yet not being acquainted with it experimentally, they put a humanistic spin on it to deprive it of its Truthfulness and force. They say things like this about election:

They say elect is only to service, though that it is in many scripture accounts a election to service and office, its equally true that there is a election to salvation :

2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

What can be plainer ? Also 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

And then on top of this, many who were chosen to service, their salvation was a given, since the service they were chosen for required them to be saved or new creatures in Christ; for the works for believers that were ordained for them to walk in them, required for them to walk in them, to be new creation.

Then we have those who say that election is totally of man, it goes something like this, God casts a vote for you, the devil against you, and now you can cast the deciding vote, hence electing oneself , this is so absurd, I will not even bother to entertain it further.

Then its those who say election is True, but why preach it and the gospel, well Gospel Preaching is God's appointed means to bring to pass His eternal decree, and to supply the elect with the good news of their salvation and sealing Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Also God's elect are made manifest to other elect through believing the preached Gospel, its by the Spirit's application of the gospel, the elect believe. God uses the Truth of the Gospel to bring forth and make manifest spiritual life James 1:18

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

To Preach election in the gospel is informing the elect sinner of the cause and source of their salvation through Christ and prevents the pride of man of taking to himself the Glory of salvation, which belongs to God alone.120

newheart78

Election in the Gospel !

Now in light of these things and some people knowing full well that election is in the bible, yet not being acquainted with it experimentally, they put a humanistic spin on it to deprive it of its Truthfulness and force. They say things like this about election:

They say elect is only to service, though that it is in many scripture accounts a election to service and office, its equally true that there is a election to salvation :

2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

What can be plainer ? Also 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

And then on top of this, many who were chosen to service, their salvation was a given, since the service they were chosen for required them to be saved or new creatures in Christ; for the works for believers that were ordained for them to walk in them, required for them to walk in them, to be new creation.

Then we have those who say that election is totally of man, it goes something like this, God casts a vote for you, the devil against you, and now you can cast the deciding vote, hence electing oneself , this is so absurd, I will not even bother to entertain it further.

Then its those who say election is True, but why preach it and the gospel, well Gospel Preaching is God's appointed means to bring to pass His eternal decree, and to supply the elect with the good news of their salvation and sealing Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Also God's elect are made manifest to other elect through believing the preached Gospel, its by the Spirit's application of the gospel, the elect believe. God uses the Truth of the Gospel to bring forth and make manifest spiritual life James 1:18

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

To Preach election in the gospel is informing the elect sinner of the cause and source of their salvation through Christ and prevents the pride of man of taking to himself the Glory of salvation, which belongs to God alone.120

It is True indeed Brother, that the Gospel of Election to Salvation of certain Hand-Picked individuals by God the Father, given to His Son right from the Beginning 2 Thess. 2:13; Eph. 1:4-7, were to be Blessed to have Eternal Salvation; which Truth serves as a major part in understanding the True Gospel of the Word of God, Jesus Christ.

1 Thess. 5:23-24

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

God ensured in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, that by the Merits of Christ's Redemptive Death, that all His Elect /Chosen in union with Christ; that they become Believers of the Truth by sending them the Holy Spirit in New Birth to guide them into it, and so becoming His Witnesses !

brightfame52

Elect of God !

Col 3:12

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

No Matter what men may say, Election is 1000 % of God, and man has no active part in it at all, for its totally of God's Grace Rom 11:5-6

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Note: No more works also means no conditions.

Also the following portions make this point Mk 13:20

20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

The emphasis here is that God has done the choosing !

That Truth is conveyed in Ps 65:4

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

The False Teachers of our day would reverse this and would say Blessed is the man that choosest God..

God's choosing must be the foundation stone of Election !

brightfame52

It is True indeed Brother, that the Gospel of Election to Salvation of certain Hand-Picked individuals by God the Father, given to His Son right from the Beginning 2 Thess. 2:13; Eph. 1:4-7, were to be Blessed to have Eternal Salvation; which Truth serves as a major part in understanding the True Gospel of the Word of God, Jesus Christ.

1 Thess. 5:23-24

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

God ensured in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, that by the Merits of Christ's Redemptive Death, that all His Elect /Chosen in union with Christ; that they become Believers of the Truth by sending them the Holy Spirit in New Birth to guide them into it, and so becoming His Witnesses !
I totally agree, a very edifying post !

T

TomFL

Scripture shows man can believe the gospel

13 reasons why men must be capable of understanding and believing scripture

first scripture shows men are regenerated made alive through faith

John 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

A dead man passed from death to life upon believing

John 5:25 ¶ “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

The dead who hear live

John 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

Dead men come to Christ to live

John 20:31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Dead man believes that he might have life

Acts 11:18 —ESV
“When they heard these things they fell silent. And they glorified God, saying, “Then to the Gentiles also God has granted repentance that leads to life.””

dead man repents to have life

John 3:36 —ESV
“Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

dead man believes to receive life that is eternal

John 6:40 —ESV
“For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.””

again dead man believes to receive life that is eternal

John 6:47 —ESV
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.”

Second Men needed to be hardened so they could not believe

John 12:40 —KJV
“He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.”

third had men not hardened themselves they could have believed

Acts 28:27 —KJV
“For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.”

fourth Jesus spoke to men in parables to prevent their understanding

Matt. 13:10–14 —KJV
“And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:”

fifth Jesus found it necessary to his identity from men

Mark 7:36 (ESV)
36 And Jesus charged them to tell no one. But the more he charged them, the more zealously they proclaimed it.
Mark 8:30 (ESV)
30 And he strictly charged them to tell no one about him.
Mark 9:9 (ESV)
9 And as they were coming down the mountain, he charged them to tell no one what they had seen, until the Son of Man had risen from the dead.
Luke 5:14 (ESV)
14 And he charged him to tell no one, but “go and show yourself to the priest, and make an offering for your cleansing, as Moses commanded, for a proof to them.”

sixth if man was born unable to believe truth jesus would not have told them to be like little children

Luke 18:17 —KJV
“Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.”

Seventh God's word says it is sufficient

John 20:31 (KJV 1900)

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

This clearly presupposes the gospel may be understood

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV 1900)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

presupposes Holy scriptures may be understood

Isaiah 55:11 (KJV 1900)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

It shall not return unto me void,

But it shall accomplish that which I please,

And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God’s word prospers in whatever it is set out to do

Psalm 19:7 (KJV 1900)

7 ………………………The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 119:130 (KJV 1900)

130 The entrance of thy words giveth light;

It giveth understanding unto the simple.

Self explanitory

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The word of God brings faith. It must be understood to do so
Eight You cannot receive the spirit without faith

John 7:38–39 —ESV

“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.”

Gal. 3:2 —ESV

“Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?”

Gal. 3:5 —ESV

“Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—”

Gal. 3:14 —ESV

“so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.”

Ninth the bible speaks of others believing through personal witness

John 1:7 —ESV

“He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him.”

John 17:20 —ESV

“¶ “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,”

2 Th. 1:10 —ESV

“when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed.”

John 4:39 ¶ Many Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me all that I ever did.”

Tenth Men are not born darkened but become that way

Rom. 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Rom. 11:10 let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see,

and bend their backs forever.”

Eph. 4:18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.

eleventh It is not that men cannot know truth but that they suppress the truth

Rom. 1:18 —ESV

“¶ For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.”

2Th. 2:10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

Twelve God enables faith through his word

John 6:65 —NIV11-GK

“He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.””

John 6:45 —NIV11-GK

“It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.”

Obviously it must be understood

Thirteen

The law is a school master if man was unable to respond to truth ther law would have no function

Galatians 3:24 (KJV 1900)

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

brightfame52

Scripture shows man can believe the gospel

13 reasons why men must be capable of understanding and believing scripture

first scripture shows men are regenerated made alive through faith

John 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

A dead man passed from death to life upon believing

John 5:25 ¶ “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

The dead who hear live

John 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

Dead men come to Christ to live

John 20:31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Dead man believes that he might have life

Acts 11:18 —ESV
“When they heard these things they fell silent. And they glorified God, saying, “Then to the Gentiles also God has granted repentance that leads to life.””

dead man repents to have life

John 3:36 —ESV
“Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

dead man believes to receive life that is eternal

John 6:40 —ESV
“For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.””

again dead man believes to receive life that is eternal

John 6:47 —ESV
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.”

Second Men needed to be hardened so they could not believe

John 12:40 —KJV
“He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.”

third had men not hardened themselves they could have believed

Acts 28:27 —KJV
“For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.”

fourth Jesus spoke to men in parables to prevent their understanding

Matt. 13:10–14 —KJV
“And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:”

fifth Jesus found it necessary to his identity from men

Mark 7:36 (ESV)
36 And Jesus charged them to tell no one. But the more he charged them, the more zealously they proclaimed it.
Mark 8:30 (ESV)
30 And he strictly charged them to tell no one about him.
Mark 9:9 (ESV)
9 And as they were coming down the mountain, he charged them to tell no one what they had seen, until the Son of Man had risen from the dead.
Luke 5:14 (ESV)
14 And he charged him to tell no one, but “go and show yourself to the priest, and make an offering for your cleansing, as Moses commanded, for a proof to them.”

sixth if man was born unable to believe truth jesus would not have told them to be like little children

Luke 18:17 —KJV
“Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.”

Seventh God's word says it is sufficient

John 20:31 (KJV 1900)

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

This clearly presupposes the gospel may be understood

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV 1900)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

presupposes Holy scriptures may be understood

Isaiah 55:11 (KJV 1900)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

It shall not return unto me void,

But it shall accomplish that which I please,

And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God’s word prospers in whatever it is set out to do

Psalm 19:7 (KJV 1900)

7 ………………………The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 119:130 (KJV 1900)

130 The entrance of thy words giveth light;

It giveth understanding unto the simple.

Self explanitory

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The word of God brings faith. It must be understood to do so
Eight You cannot receive the spirit without faith

John 7:38–39 —ESV

“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.”

Gal. 3:2 —ESV

“Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?”

Gal. 3:5 —ESV

“Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—”

Gal. 3:14 —ESV

“so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.”

Ninth the bible speaks of others believing through personal witness

John 1:7 —ESV

“He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him.”

John 17:20 —ESV

“¶ “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,”

2 Th. 1:10 —ESV

“when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed.”

John 4:39 ¶ Many Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me all that I ever did.”

Tenth Men are not born darkened but become that way

Rom. 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Rom. 11:10 let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see,

and bend their backs forever.”

Eph. 4:18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.

eleventh It is not that men cannot know truth but that they suppress the truth

Rom. 1:18 —ESV

“¶ For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.”

2Th. 2:10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

Twelve God enables faith through his word

John 6:65 —NIV11-GK

“He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.””

John 6:45 —NIV11-GK

“It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.”

Obviously it must be understood

Thirteen

The law is a school master if man was unable to respond to truth ther law would have no function

Galatians 3:24 (KJV 1900)

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
The Gospel is hid to the lost 2 Cor 4:3, it is believed by the saved 1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

T

TomFL

The Gospel is hid to the lost 2 Cor 4:3, it is believed by the saved 1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
sorry that verse does not support your view

It refers to those who are perishing being blinded by Satan

not a condition from birth

Further Satan has no determinative powers he can tempt and he can deceive but he cannot blind men without their willingly giving in to his temptation and lies

all men are not so blinded

and one must ask is Satan not redundant if men are born blind

brightfame52

Further Satan has no determinative powers he can tempt and he can deceive but he cannot blind men without their willingly giving in to his temptation and lies

Post 1270, u read it ?

T

TomFL

Post 1270, u read it ?
Did you read what was just posted

why have you not addressed it

brightfame52

Did you read what was just posted

Yeah, I read it, it dont mean nothing though. Did you read post 1270 ?

T

TomFL

Yeah, I read it, it dont mean nothing though. Did you read post 1270 ?
In other words you will not heed or address anything contrary to your theology

2 Corinthians 4:3, 4 (ESV)
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

brightfame52

In other words you will not heed or address anything contrary to your theology

2 Corinthians 4:3, 4 (ESV)
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

You understand unconditional election is part of the Gospel ?