Predestination

Theo1689

Y'all are in a car, and both of you are grabbing the steering wheel while going down the road; which one of you are in the Driver's seat?
Apparently, it is him; and you keep on trying to drive the car into the ditch!

Exactly.
That's what people do when they can't defend their beliefs. They take complete control so that they can avoid talking about anything they can't address. That's why he keeps "steering away" from Heb. 8:6.

Sethproton

The former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing, but Jesus, on the other hand, because He continues forever, holds His priesthood permanentlyTherefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens; who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.[Heb. 7:23-28]

He is STILL our High Priest and His intercession for us does not cease.
Yes. praise God that Jesus is eternal and capable and active on our behalf. Praise God indeed!

Sethproton

All I know is that one of y'all is gotta get outta the car before it's too late!

:ROFLMAO:
And that thought may express what is going on here. The fear that I might finally get thru to Johnny and he embraces truth. So he better jump out of the car before it reaches the destination

Sethproton

You just did it again and I’m not sure if it’s intentional or not but I asked you about Heb 8:6 specifically.

We can discuss the Timothy verse afterwards.
There is a post on what you asked,
But I am still having an issue with your switching away from Timothy and acting like it is a side discussion, while we both know it was the primary point.
Nevertheless. as i keep saying I gave you a post on the verse you want to jump to. So please read it, and this time, please respond to the ideas that I present
Heads up. since we are having this discussion in two threads, the answer may be in the other thread in response to your post there

Sethproton

If you convert him; he never was of us...
I don't want to convert him. He claims to be a believer in Christ. This chat has nothing to do with his faith in Christ as savior.
But if you simply refer to him talking sides on a doctrinal point, people do change sides on points as they learn, it does not mean they abandoned Christ

ReverendRV

I don't want to convert him. He claims to be a believer in Christ. This chat has nothing to do with his faith in Christ as savior.
But if you simply refer to him talking sides on a doctrinal point, people do change sides on points as they learn, it does not mean they abandoned Christ
If he is not a follower of the Jesus of the Bible, he follows another Jesus; so your point is Moot...

Sethproton

That's great, so do I!

But if you and I are right, then doesn't that mean Seth is the One who Worships Another Jesus?!
Interesting how you and other calvinists try to side track Biblical conversations by bringing in other issues with no doctrinal relevance to the discussion at hand. I believe that is called a red herring. When you don't feel you can adequately respond to arguments, you wave some other idea out there to distract the conversation

ReverendRV

Interesting how you and other calvinists try to side track Biblical conversations by bringing in other issues with no doctrinal relevance to the discussion at hand. I believe that is called a red herring. When you don't feel you can adequately respond to arguments, you wave some other idea out there to distract the conversation
You were having a Biblical discussion??

Theo1689

Interesting how when you can't address particular Scriptures, you try to side track Biblical conversations by personally attacking Calvinists. I believe that is called a red herring (as well as ad hominem).

ReverendRV

been doing my best with Johnny. He presents himself as not knowing much and wanting help, so we all should do what we can to help and as he keeps asking me questions, it indicates he thinks he can learn something from me.
Fair enough, I'll leave y'all alone. If you convert him, he never was of us...