Predestination

SovereignGrace

Where do you see the different "levels" of Calvinism defined? Or maybe Sproul thought this? I thought hyper was designated for those who dont share the gospel. I would consider what you described as "high Calvinism".
Sproul spoke of this when he was in a Q & A session. I will try to find it and post it for you to listen to. It’s not that long.

Theo1689

Johnnybgood said:
Over 10 years. Does that make a difference ?
You are presenting yourself here as a new learner. Are you only recently interested in learning?

You consider 10+ years as "a new learner"?

Most people here spend their time "asking questions", instead of being forthright about their beliefs. Do you think THEY are all "new learners" as well?

civic

I’ve been learning since I first believed , now and into the future until I’m in the presence of Jesus. I will always be on a quest to learn the truth about Jesus.
Amen the same here after 40 plus years I'm still studying every day and learning something new.

The very definition of a disciple of Jesus is a learner. Do yourself another favor like I told you with the other guy do not listen to him as he is also a false teacher. He will try and trap you with clever questions and human philosophy and reasoning.

Johnnybgood

Amen the same here after 40 plus years I'm still studying every day and learning something new.

The very definition of a disciple of Jesus is a learner. Do yourself another favor like I told you with the other guy do not listen to him as he is also a false teacher. He will try and trap you with clever questions and human philosophy and reasoning.
Thank you for the advice and I have already learned about several things on the forum in my short time here .

civic

Thank you for the advice and I have already learned about several things on the forum in my short time here .
That is good I also learn several things when I read the responses from others and check them out with Scripture. A disciple is one who learns and we are first called disciples of Jesus at conversion as per Matthew 28:19-20 in the great commission.

hope this helps !!!

Sethproton

Are you familiar with TULIP, five of the central doctrines that identify the Calvinist position?
Especially the L, limited atonement(though they sometimes change the name )
This is the concept that on the cross, Jesus only atoned for a chosen group. It means that some people did not have their sins atoned for and therefore will never have the opportunity to receive Jesus and be saved,

Johnnybgood

Are you familiar with TULIP, five of the central doctrines that identify the Calvinist position?
Especially the L, limited atonement(though they sometimes change the name )
This is the concept that on the cross, Jesus only atoned for a chosen group. It means that some people did not have their sins atoned for and therefore will never have the opportunity to receive Jesus and be saved,
If everyone has their sins atoned why do people end up in hell ? To me that would make his death ineffective.

Sethproton

If everyone has their sins atoned why do people end up in hell ? To me that would make his death ineffective.
There are a few ways to approach that. One is that we are still unrighteous, despite the atonement. And while the atonement soothed God's anger over our sin, we are still not clean and cannot be in His presence. Christ is clean and righteous. God accepts Him into His presence. Therefore, the Bible teaches that when you receive Christ and He indwells you, His righteousness indwells you and you will be accepted into His presence in eternity because Christ is in you. To the contrary, if you reject Jesus, forbidding Him to indwell you, then you will be judged on your own righteousness, and God will be forced to ban you from heaven