Predestination

Sethproton

That's all he got out of my post?
And all the while he was unable to quote quote the verse that allegedly contains the word, "hermeneutics".
Theo, I did not say the Greek contains the word hermeneutics. I said that verses contain the Greek word from which that English word is derived.
Are you asking where it is? 1 Cor 12:10 and 14:26

Sethproton

You should read before you post. johnny spoke about this in post 101. Theo presented a rational, cogent and completely biblical argument. You should consider such as approach.
what is the need for all the personal putdowns? Why is it impossible for you to just address doctrine.
Do you have any doctrinal points of scripture that interest you?

Theo1689

Beloved Daughter said:
You should read before you post. johnny spoke about this in post 101. Theo presented a rational, cogent and completely biblical argument. You should consider such as approach.

what is the need for all the personal putdowns?

You can't see the problem with accusing others with "cuddling" with others, but you apparently see "personal putdowns" in the above quote?

Exactly where are the "personal putdowns"?

And why do you constantly talk about others, yet you throw a hissy-fit when others do the same to you?

civic

what is the need for all the personal putdowns? Why is it impossible for you to just address doctrine.
You are confusing the facts with you claims. Your claims are not facts but assumptions. You are demonstrating here the same thing you do with the scriptures. At least you are now bring consistent which is a good start .

Sethproton

You can't see the problem with accusing others with "cuddling" with others, but you apparently see "personal putdowns" in the above quote?

Exactly where are the "personal putdowns"?

And why do you constantly talk about others, yet you throw a hissy-fit when others do the same to you?
How exactly is cuddling an accusation? In my sentence it means to intellectually huddle together. You guys pretended you thought I meant it was a physical cuddling, Ridiculous

Theo1689

How exactly is cuddling an accusation? In my sentence it means to intellectually huddle together. You guys pretended you thought I meant it was a physical cuddling, Ridiculous

You made the false accusation that BD engaged in "personal putdowns".
Yet you can't identify any.
I think you owe her an apology.

Johnnybgood

Do you have any scriptures that form your ideas ? All I see are your ideas with no scripture or definition of words like I see from beloved daughter , tibiasdad, reverend, dizerner, carbon, civic and many other participants on this forum. I’m not familiar with your bible study techniques. Where do you get them from ? Can you share a link with me that explains your methods ? Thank you .

ReverendRV

Do you have any scriptures that form your ideas ? All I see are your ideas with no scripture or definition of words like I see from beloved daughter , tibiasdad, reverend, dizerner, carbon, civic and many other participants on this forum. I’m not familiar with your bible study techniques. Where do you get them from ? Can you share a link with me that explains your methods ? Thank you .
I think you will need to be patient, I've been trying for a while to get him to talk about the ramifications of me having 'Another Jesus'...

Sethproton

Of course I have scripture. I told you i did, more than once.
Let us back track. I wrote you a post to explain a position. you said you disagreed. You mentioned no scripture. And when I offered to talk scripture with you, you were not interested.
Now you are saying again, you want scripture, so again i will say to you that we can step thru the ideas I presented to you. You can tell me one idea at a time that you question and i will show you what scripture it comes from.
Isn't that what you are asking for. A discussion about specific scripture that is the basis of what i wrote to you?

Theo1689

Johnnybgood asks for Scripture.

Seth responds:

Great!

Yet....

Let us back track. I wrote you a post to explain a position. you said you disagreed. You mentioned no scripture. And when I offered to talk scripture with you, you were not interested.

No Scripture yet...

Now you are saying again, you want scripture, so again i will say to you that we can step thru the ideas I presented to you. You can tell me one idea at a time that you question and i will show you what scripture it comes from.

No Scripture yet...

Isn't that what you are asking for. A discussion about specific scripture that is the basis of what i wrote to you?

No Scripture yet...

Seth ALWAYS does this.

Seth: "My beliefs are X, Y, Z".
"Bob": "What Scriptures support your claims?
Seth: "If you want me to provide Scripture, let me know, and I'm happy to provide them."
"Bob": "Yes, show us Scripture".
Seth: "Okay, just tell me which assertions you want Scripture for.
"Bob": I'd like to see Scripture for ALL of your claims!
Seth: "Okay, Bob is at the point of harassing me, so I'm going to ignore him, but if anyone ELSE wants to see Scripture for my beliefs, just let me know, and I will be happy to provide them."

Johnnybgood

I have been lurking as reverend says watching this thread and I have to agree with the other posters who have also asked you for the same things I have been asking you which is post the Bible scriptures with your replies so I can understand your ideas and where they come from but you have not done that for me or any other person today. So I know that I am not imagining this or making it up. What I can see happening is that everyone here is wrong and you are right. But for you to be right you would have to post the scriptures that your ideas come from and I have not seen any so far. This is tiring and I don’t enjoy this kind of bantering with people . You might like it but I sure do not.

Sethproton

I have been lurking as reverend says watching this thread and I have to agree with the other posters who have also asked you for the same things I have been asking you which is post the Bible scriptures with your replies so I can understand your ideas and where they come from but you have not done that for me or any other person today. So I know that I am not imagining this or making it up. What I can see happening is that everyone here is wrong and you are right. But for you to be right you would have to post the scriptures that your ideas come from and I have not seen any so far. This is tiring and I don’t enjoy this kind of bantering with people . You might like it but I sure do not.
Ok, good. then let you and I do that.
Pick out one thing from the post that you disagreed with and i will show you the scripture.
It should be simple. Start with any point i made in that post and i will back it up with scripture
And in that way we can work thru the whole post and I can answer every question you have

Johnnybgood

Ok, good. then let you and I do that. Pick out one thing from the post that
It looks like the hot topic is Jesus really our mediator now or is that something that is now past. I’m tired of reading about 1 Tim 2:5 so can you explain this passage from Hebrews .

Hebrews 8:6
But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, to the extent that He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.

ReverendRV

Ok, good. then let you and I do that.
Pick out one thing from the post that you disagreed with and i will show you the scripture.
It should be simple. Start with any point i made in that post and i will back it up with scripture
And in that way we can work thru the whole post and I can answer every question you have
I for one am still interested in 1st Timothy 2:5. Would you say that I have another Jesus, since I say he is still an Anthropos Man?

Sethproton

It looks like the hot topic is Jesus really our mediator now or is that something that is now past. I’m tired of reading about 1 Tim 2:5 so can you explain this passage from Hebrews .

Hebrews 8:6
But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, to the extent that He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.
What part of Hebrews 8:6 are you interested in. A few posts back you changed to a different verse, and despite the fact I went with you and explained the verse, you ignored me.
But go ahead, what is a question you have about hebrews 8:6 and if I know the answer I will tell you. If I don't know i will say so