Predestination

Sethproton

I for one am still interested in 1st Timothy 2:5. Would you say that I have another Jesus, since I say he is still an Anthropos Man?
No, I would not say that. Your Jesus is the one described in the Bible. None of us have everything right about Him. All of us understand Him in part. Consider when we are first saved. We know almost nothing. the fact that we learn more and more over time about jesus does not make us more saved

civic

He said this week, to have another Jesus means you're not Saved. All I want him to do is acknowledge I do have another Jesus than he has; and go from there...
He would be contradicting himself if he said you and he has the same Jesus. That is an impossibility. One has a false christ and the other has the real Christ.

I'm guessing he is afraid to say it hence he is avoiding it like the plague.

ReverendRV

No, I would not say that. Your Jesus is the one described in the Bible. None of us have everything right about Him. All of us understand Him in part. Consider when we are first saved. We know almost nothing. the fact that we learn more and more over time about jesus does not make us more saved
Thanks for finally answering. The Jesus I have is still the son of Mary, with an Anthropos body; the same body that was buried and Raised...

Are you sure we have the same Jesus?

civic

Sorry one of you have a false christ.

you- jesus is not a man now
rev- Jesus is a man now

you- jesus was resurrected a spirit
rev- Jesus was resurrected a man with the same body that was in the grave now immortal and incorruptible.

you- jesus was not fully god for 33 years
rev- Jesus was God while on earth for 33 years lacking nothing having all the Omni Attributes

Theo1689

What part of Hebrews 8:6 are you interested in.

More dodging....

A few posts back you changed to a different verse, and despite the fact I went with you and explained the verse, you ignored me.

No, he didn't.
You said, "This verse means, "<X>, <Y>, and <Z>"

He followed up by ASKING you to provide SCRIPTURE to support, "<X>, <Y>, and <Z>".
And you refused to do so.

But go ahead, what is a question you have about hebrews 8:6 and if I know the answer I will tell you. If I don't know i will say so

I'm pretty sure he will want you to answer the following.
Will you answer it, if he confirms it's what he wants you to respond to?:

Heb. 8:6 ... by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, ...
Heb. 8:6 ... ὅσῳ καὶ κρείττονός ἐστιν διαθήκης μεσίτης, ...

1) Is there a verb, "is", in this verse?
2) Is the verb in the "present" tense?
3) Is it true that Jesus "is" (currently) the mediator?

Sethproton

Thanks for finally answering. The Jesus I have is still the son of Mary, with an Anthropos body; the same body that was buried and Raised...

Are you sure we have the same Jesus?
My Jesus is the Jesus described thruout the Bible.
Perhaps you think that every point of doctrinal difference means that each person's Jesus is a different jesus?
Or do you just apply that idea to special verses?

Johnnybgood

What part of Hebrews 8:6 are you interested in. A few posts back you changed to a different verse, and despite the fact I went with you and explained the verse, you ignored me.
But go ahead, what is a question you have about hebrews 8:6 and if I know the answer I will tell you. If I don't know i will say so
It says He is the Mediator of the new covenant. Can you explain from that passage why He is not our present mediator?

Sethproton

More dodging....

No, he didn't.

He followed up by ASKING you to provide SCRIPTURE to support, "<X>, <Y>, and <Z>".

ok

Johnnybgood

More dodging....

No, he didn't.

Yes I’m wondering how a person can read and study that passage and come up with the opposite conclusion .

ReverendRV

Perhaps you think that every point of doctrinal difference means that each person's Jesus is a different jesus?
Yes, I do think that every Verse about Jesus describes him, and to get Jesus wrong means I do have another Jesus. I have Jesus the Man, the son of Mary, as my Jesus...

I do have another Jesus; don't I?

Sethproton

It says He is the Mediator of the new covenant. Can you explain from that passage why He is not our present mediator?
Well first, it does not say He is not our present mediator, so I cannot explain that to you. There is only one mediator between man and God, the man Jesus. So don't ask me to contradict that.
Also you added the word "present" to the verse. Why did you add that? Where did you see the verse allowing for that addition?

civic

Paul declared if Jesus is no longer human then you are still dead din your sins. ( 1Cor 15:1-18) John said those who deny Jesus is still God in the flesh are the spirit of antichrist. See 1 John 4:2, 2 John 7.

So according to Paul and John you have another jesus and another gospel. see Galatians 1.

Last edited:

Sethproton

Yes, I do think that every Verse about Jesus describes him, and to get Jesus wrong means I do have another Jesus. I have Jesus the Man, the son of Mary, as my Jesus...

I do have another Jesus; don't I?
based on your conditions, and the variety of thoughts Christians have about the Bible, then you would have to say there are maybe thousands of jesus' being worshipped in the church,
But if you want to allow, that no one knows all the truth about Jesus, maybe you can be more reasonable

civic

based on your conditions, and the variety of thoughts Christians have about the Bible, then you would have to say there are maybe thousands of jesus' bein worshipped in the church,
But if you want to allow, that no one knows all the truth about Jesus, maybe you can be more reasonable
your jesus is nothing like the one in Scripture who forever remains God in the flesh. Your jesus in not a man but a spirit who morphed into a spirit creature just like the JW's teach. A false god and christ cannot save anyone from sin. Idols cannot save.

ReverendRV

based on your conditions, and the variety of thoughts Christians have about the Bible, then you would have to say there are maybe thousands of jesus' being worshipped in the church,
I disagree that more than one Jesus is being Worshipped in the Church, because his Sheep know him, and will not follow another Jesus. The Bible teaches there are other Jesus', and that Jesus is the son of Mary now, the same person forever...

I think I do have another Jesus, right?

Sethproton

Paul declared if Jesus is no longer human then you are still dead din your sins. ( 1Cor 15:1-18) John said those who deny Jesus is still God in the flesh are the spirit of antichrist. See 1 John 4:2, 2 John 7.

So according to Paul and John you have another jesus and another gospel.
Civic you should stop claiming things about scripture that are not there. I am not sure what the result will be for you if you continue in this, but i assume it will put a wedge between you and God.

I call all of you who read this to take the 60 seconds needed to Read 1 Cor 15:1-18 and see for yourself, Paul makes no mention at all in those verses that Jesus is still a human, or what the effect would be of saying Jesus is no longer human. Seriously, check this passage out and remember in the future this is what this poster does,

civic

I disagree that more than one Jesus is being Worshipped in the Church, because his Sheep know him. The Bible teaches Jesus is the son of Mary now, the same person forever...

I think I do have another Jesus, right?
Yes a completely different one than he has. One saves the other condemns.

Theo1689

Well first, it does not say He is not our present mediator, so I cannot explain that to you. There is only one mediator between man and God, the man Jesus. So don't ask me to contradict that.
Also you added the word "present" to the verse. Why did you add that? Where did you see the verse allowing for that addition?

Um, what part of "is" (Greek, "εστιν") is in the PRESENT tense, don't you understand?

civic

Civic you should stop claiming things about scripture that are not there. I am not sure what the result will be for you if you continue in this, but i assume it will put a wedge between you and God.
I call all of you who read this to take the 60 seconds needed to Read 1 Cor 15:1-18 and see for yourself, paul makes no mention at all in those verses that Jesus is still a human, or what the effect would be of saying Jesus is no longer human. Seriously, check this passage out and remember in the future this is what this poster does,
The entire chapter is based upon the Resurrection( Jesus still being human with a body).

Unbelievable the stronghold over the mind, its unprecedented.