Predestination

Sethproton

I disagree that more than one Jesus is being Worshipped in the Church, because his Sheep know him. The Bible teaches Jesus is the son of Mary now, the same person forever...

I think I do have another Jesus, right?
Make up your mind, you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Either any different thought about who and what Jesus is means a person has a different Jesus, or some other position on that must be taken.
You want it both ways. Which means you have no position

civic

Um, what part of "is" (Greek, "εστιν") is in the PRESENT tense, don't you understand?
well I have another single word: stronghold

that it the only logical and spiritual explanation for what we are witnessing here.

Theo1689

Civic you should stop claiming things about scripture that are not there.

Seth you should learn that telling people what to do is against CARM rules.

I am not sure what the result will be for you if you continue in this, but i assume it will put a wedge between you and God.

Um, you should be more concerned about YOUR relationship with God.

I call all of you who read this to take the 60 seconds needed to Read 1 Cor 15:1-18 and see for yourself, paul makes no mention at all in those verses that Jesus is still a human,

So your New Testament is only 18 verses long?
No wonder your theology is so messed up.

Seriously, check this passage out and remember in the future this is what this poster does,

Personal attacks again?
Why is it okay for you to attack other posters, but it's not okay for others to make comments about you?
Why the double standard?

ReverendRV

Make up your mind, you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Either any different thought about who and what Jesus is means a person has a different Jesus, or some other position on that must be taken.
You want it both ways. Which means you have no position
No, just one way will do. My Jesus is still the same Man he was born as...

I still think I have another Jesus compared to the Bible, don't you agree?

civic

Make up your mind, you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth.
No that would be yourself.

In one breath you say there is a present tense verb and in the next breath deny Jesus is presently our Mediator in Hebrews 8:6. Talk about a contradiction and oxymoron.

Sethproton

Seth you should learn that telling people what to do is against CARM rules.

Um, you should be more concerned about YOUR relationship with God.

So your New Testament is only 18 verses long?
No wonder your theology is so messed up.

Personal attacks again?
Why is it okay for you to attack other posters, but it's not okay for others to make comments about you?
Why the double standard?
ok

Theo1689

You still haven't explained to me why it's okay for you to make personal insults against other posters, but it's not okay for posters to talk about you.

And since you still haven't identified any "personal putdowns" that Beloved Daughter allegedly made against you, I'm still confused as to why you refuse to apologize to her for your false accusations.

Sethproton

No that would be yourself.

In one breath you say there is a present tense verb and in the next breath deny Jesus is presently our Mediator in Hebrews 8:6. Talk about a contradiction and oxymoron.
Are you aware of the difference in the use of "to be" verbs and the way they are used in English.
Sometimes they state a condition
Sometimes they state an equality

Sethproton

You still haven't explained to me why it's okay for you to make personal insults against other posters, but it's not okay for posters to talk about you.

And since you still haven't identified any "personal putdowns" that Beloved Daughter allegedly made against you, I'm still confused as to why you refuse to apologize to her for your false accusations.
ok

Theo1689

Sethproton

ok

Theo1689

Johnnybgood

Well first, it does not say He is not our present mediator, so I cannot explain that to you. There is only one mediator between man and God, the man Jesus. So don't ask me to contradict that.
Also you added the word "present" to the verse. Why did you add that? Where did you see the verse allowing for that addition?
What does the present tense verb mean ?

civic

What does the present tense verb mean ?
He will not answer you it means the following.

The verb in Hebrews 8:6 is estin which is a present active indicative. That means He is still now( in the present) our Mediator, not was as in past tense our mediator as he believes.

Present Tense
The present tense usually denotes continuous kind of action. It shows 'action in progress' or 'a state of persistence.' When used in the indicative mood, the present tense denotes action taking place or going on in the present time.

God is Love- According to seths logic God is no longer love since the present tense verb is doesn't mean God is still love. His being love is over just like Jesus as mediator is over.

ReverendRV

The verb in Hebrews 8:6 is estin which is a present active indicative. That means He is still now( in the present) our Mediator, not was as in past tense our mediator as he believes.

Present Tense
The present tense usually denotes continuous kind of action. It shows 'action in progress' or 'a state of persistence.' When used in the indicative mood, the present tense denotes action taking place or going on in the present time.
God bless @Sethproton ...

Johnnybgood

Present Tense

God is Love- According to seths logic God is no longer love since the present tense verb is doesn't mean God is still love. His being love is over just like Jesus as mediator is over.
Thank you for explaining what the verb means in the passage. That makes sense to me .