Predestined, Joe, Chalcedon, johnnybgood... what exactly changed your mind towards Calvinism.

Dizerner

I know johnny was just undecided, but he seems to have also increased his resolve that Calvinism is false.

Most of us still have the beliefs we came into this forum with, and we see a kind of trench warfare where hardly anyone changes position.

I think it would be very interesting to describe exactly what was the convincing or motivating influences that produced this change.

And it can't just be the arguments themselves, because they were already being presented for both sides day in and day out for years.

What made you four actually convinced of arguments you already knew about but previously didn't convince you?

when I read how Lorraine Boettner talked about Calvinism stands or falls on all points in tulip and that if any one is untrue they all fall apart it had me take a closer look into those doctrines and the results for me is none of them stood up under close scrutiny.

Did you read his book all the way through?
Did you carefully read through ALL the New Testament at least once considering the five points?

Then ad to that being treated kindly when I was searching to bring mocked and belittled when I started questioning the doctrines it became evident to me it was a direct reflection in how they see their god . Not loving , not benevolent, not kind to anyone else outside of their club . It went from being respected to nothing but disrespectful behavior. One’s beliefs , faith and actions are a direct result one one’s beliefs about God . One thinks , acts and behaved how they perceive their god .

Well, I wouldn't change my Biblical view of God no matter how anyone "behaved".
But if I did, I could NEVER be Arminian, based on the atrocious behaviour of its adherents in this forum.

What really amazes me is the lack of self-awareness of the non-C's in the forum.

I find non Calvinists to be more kind, caring , patient , loving , fruitful like we read in Galatians 5:22-24 and 1 Corinthians 13. I don’t see love in the other group on display just the opposite.

I find the exact opposite.

I know johnny was just undecided, but he seems to have also increased his resolve that Calvinism is false.

Most of us still have the beliefs we came into this forum with, and we see a kind of trench warfare where hardly anyone changes position.

I think it would be very interesting to describe exactly what was the convincing or motivating influences that produced this change.

And it can't just be the arguments themselves, because they were already being presented for both sides day in and day out for years.

What made you four actually convinced of arguments you already knew about but previously didn't convince you?

Not any of the before mentioned.

But not beiong able to be, seems just a tad problematic.

My testimony and experience. When I read how Lorraine Boettner talked about Calvinism stands or falls on all points in tulip and that if any one is untrue they all fall apart it had me take a closer look into those doctrines and the results for me is none of them stood up under close scrutiny. Then ad to that being treated kindly when I was searching to being mocked and belittled when I started questioning the doctrines it became evident to me it was a direct reflection in how they see their god . Not loving , not benevolent, not kind to anyone else outside of their club . It went from being respected to nothing but disrespectful behavior. One’s beliefs , faith and actions are a direct result one one’s beliefs about God . One thinks , acts and behaved how they perceive their god .

In general I find non Calvinists to be more kind, caring , patient , loving , fruitful like we read in Galatians 5:22-24 and 1 Corinthians 13. I don’t see love in the other group on display just the opposite.

I have much more to share but these are the 2 main reasons that jump out at me .
Ditto!

And studying out the character and attributes of God. A lot of the threads and posts on this board helped. Like this one
Did Jesus bear Gods wrath and was He forsaken?

And a few books:
Against Calvinism / Roger E. Olson
Election and Free Will / God’s Gracious Choice and Our Responsibility / Robert A. Peterson
Saved by Grace through Faith or Saved by Decree? / A Biblical and Theological Critique of Calvinist Soteriology / Geoffrey D. Robinson
Does God Love Everyone? / The Heart of What’s Wrong with Calvinism / JERRY L. WALLS
Does God Love All or Some? / Comparing Biblical Extensivism and Calvinism’s Exclusivism / Ronnie W. Rogers

And some really good websites that expose the truth about Calvinism.

And all the above point you to the best and most truthful source there is... The Bible.

My testimony and experience. When I read how Lorraine Boettner talked about Calvinism stands or falls on all points in tulip and that if any one is untrue they all fall apart it had me take a closer look into those doctrines and the results for me is none of them stood up under close scrutiny. Then ad to that being treated kindly when I was searching to being mocked and belittled when I started questioning the doctrines it became evident to me it was a direct reflection in how they see their god . Not loving , not benevolent, not kind to anyone else outside of their club . It went from being respected to nothing but disrespectful behavior. One’s beliefs , faith and actions are a direct result one one’s beliefs about God . One thinks , acts and behaved how they perceive their god .

In general I find non Calvinists to be more kind, caring , patient , loving , fruitful like we read in Galatians 5:22-24 and 1 Corinthians 13. I don’t see love in the other group on display just the opposite.

I have much more to share but these are the 2 main reasons that jump out at me .

Interesting, your reasoning sounds less like freewill and more like determinism…

… just saying…

Back