Preordained

If you re-read my post I said I believe scriptural election based on God’s foreknowledge what I do not believe is Calvinism’s philosophizing election based on the opinions of men. In reality it is Calvinism’ attack on the Holiness of God that is the issue. Scripture clearly says God cannot be tempted to commit evil neither does God tempt men to commit evil. How do you rationalize that scripture and believe God preordains men to sin against Him ?
Wrong. You changed your wording about election. You earlier said, "as opposed to a heavenly lottery." Now you omitted this fact and restructured your argument, void of your blasphemous straw man.

You state, "Calvinism’s philosophizing election based on the opinions of men." Your baseless opinion violating scripture is noted.

In reality it is the non-Calvinist which twists scripture to say what it does not and Calvinism to say what it does not. Here you state, "God cannot be tempted to commit evil." This is a moot point since no one is saying that God is tempted to commit evil; it would be a straw man of Calvinism to say such a thing. You also state, "neither does God tempt men to commit evil." Again, this is a moot point since Calvinists do not say that God tempts men to commit evil. It is your conflation of ordaining and tempting that is truly the violation of the character of God, since you are conflating dissimilar things (category error fallacy) and than falsely accusing Calvinists of what only the non-Calvinist has misrepresented (straw man fallacy). First you blaspheme God and then you straw man Calvinism, while all the while praying like a Calvinist. Do you have any idea what you are doing?

Wrong. You changed your wording about election. You earlier said, "as opposed to a heavenly lottery." Now you omitted this fact and restructured your argument, void of your blasphemous straw man.

You state, "Calvinism’s philosophizing election based on the opinions of men." Your baseless opinion violating scripture is noted.

In reality it is the non-Calvinist which twists scripture to say what it does not and Calvinism to say what it does not. Here you state, "God cannot be tempted to commit evil." This is a moot point since no one is saying that God is tempted to commit evil; it would be a straw man of Calvinism to say such a thing. You also state, "neither does God tempt men to commit evil." Again, this is a moot point since Calvinists do not say that God tempts men to commit evil. It is your conflation of ordaining and tempting that is truly the violation of the character of God, since you are conflating dissimilar things (category error fallacy) and than falsely accusing Calvinists of what only the non-Calvinist has misrepresented (straw man fallacy). First you blaspheme God and then you straw man Calvinism, while all the while praying like a Calvinist. Do you have any idea what you are doing?
If some people would take the time to actually consider what is said, discussions would be much more fruitful.

If some people would take the time to actually consider what is said, discussions would be much more fruitful.
Thanks for the insight. I appreciated your opening post. Yes, people are very depraved. I need to move on. When people start blaspheming God, I need to call out the sin and then walk away. Time to move on.

Thanks for the insight. I appreciated your opening post. Yes, people are very depraved. I need to move on. When people start blaspheming God, I need to call out the sin and then walk away. Time to move on.
Amen!

Sometimes humanism is much more important than God’s word.

Modern Christianity seems to believes that man can just decide to make a decision for God.

I cannot imagine any man in his lost condition to come to a decision to accept Christ.
The natural man is evil. He is a God hater and will not submit to God or His ways. A decision for Christ is totally against the fallen nature and against scripture truth.

This modern Christianity is not biblical Christianity.

God permits man to have sinful dispositions and affections, for His own glory.
When man sins, it comes from himself, his fallen nature. And it is God who divides the darkness according to his pleasure. And only God can bring good out of man’s intended evil.
Solomon said, a man’s heart deviseth his way; but the Lord directeth his steps.

Thanks for the insight. I appreciated your opening post.
Thank you.
Yes, people are very depraved. I need to move on. When people start blaspheming God,
Amen! I wonder at times, in different situations that some people even know what they are talking about. Even so I suppose, trying to teach them opens more for them to blaspheme.
I need to call out the sin and then walk away. Time to move on.
Calling out the sin and possibly seeing someone considering is a good sign I suppose?
But those who continue to be stubborn? That’s another story.

Modern Christianity seems to believes that man can just decide to make a decision for God.

I cannot imagine any man in his lost condition to come to a decision to accept Christ.
The natural man is evil. He is a God hater and will not submit to God or His ways. A decision for Christ is totally against the fallen nature and against scripture truth.

This modern Christianity is not biblical Christianity.

God permits man to have sinful dispositions and affections, for His own glory.
When man sins, it comes from himself, his fallen nature. And it is God who divides the darkness according to his pleasure. And only God can bring good out of man’s intended evil.
Solomon said, a man’s heart deviseth his way; but the Lord directeth his steps.
Amen brother, this is why God sent his Son, because we have fallen into Sin and Darkness. The fallen sinful race are now in Bondage to Sin, Death, and Condemnation! And God who is rich in Grace and Mercy pre-ordained before the foundations of creation to send His only begotten Son to save God's people from this plight! Christ saves those whom the Father gave to him to save. God's sheep hear his voice, and believe, and follow Christ. Rescuing sinners from the death of sin and condemnation is a divine act, not a human one. This is Biblical teaching, sinners left to themselves, would never believe and be saved.

The sinner's disposition is to follow their lustful desires of the flesh, not God. To say otherwise is to go against Scripture.

I did not omit anything intentionally I figured you read post # 100. If as scripture says election is based on God’s foreknowledge do you have even one verse other than the verse I posted proving that God’s election is not based on His foreknowledge ? If election is NOT based on God’s foreknowledge( and it is ) then it would be a heavenly lottery.

I did not omit anything intentionally I figured you read post # 100. If as scripture says election is based on God’s foreknowledge do you have even one verse other than the verse I posted proving that God’s election is not based on His foreknowledge ? If election is NOT based on God’s foreknowledge( and it is ) then it would be a heavenly lottery.
You don't understand what foreknowledge means in Scripture.

I don't know how many times I've address this argument. The passage reads "those" God foreknew, not "what" God foreknew they did (sinner choosing or do anything). "Those" meaning God's chosen elect.

But according to you; you think God looked down the corridors of time and saw what, exactly? Sinners being good enough to save, because of the decision they made. Show me this passage. Because Scripture is explicitly in this area that everyone is evil, wretched, vile, law breakers, that nobody seeks after God. So, that being said, and I hope you agree that nobody does good or seeks after God apart from God. What would God have seen, what foreknowledge is there of sinners apart from God? God's foreknowledge is of his elect, his sheep, whom God sent his Son to save.​

In that passage it speaks of "Those" whom God foreknew, not "what" he foreknew they did. Because the only thing God would see or foreknew was their sins!
Exactly, but context doesn't mean a thing to some people. They won't allow God's word, properly interpreted to change their man made religion and/or traditions.

They think man is responsible for his salvation.

2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

:ninja:

The sinner's disposition is to follow their lustful desires of the flesh, not God. To say otherwise is to go against Scripture.​
Indeed, and he is not forced from any outside source. It’s the sinners own desire and will.

But notice the righteous are declared to be His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works. And it is God who works in you both to will and do of His good pleasure.

And therefore, we should agree with Paul. But by the grace of God I am what I am.

I know there are those who have such a poor understanding of the new birth and believe man causes it by faith. And there are those who claim Calvinist’s teach God just gives them faith to make them believe. But these strawmen don’t deserve too much time to debate.
If they would consider scripture and see enmity is taught, that we have towards God. This isn’t just an enemy where it’s possible to get over our differences, accept each other and get along. No, it goes much deeper, - the nature must be changed and the enmity be done away with, then understanding of the new birth and faith can start. Once these things are understood, the new birth. Regeneration. And how it works becomes a little more clear.

I don't know how many times I've address this argument. The passage reads "those" God foreknew, not "what" God foreknew they did (sinner choosing or do anything). "Those" meaning God's chosen elect.

But according to you; you think God looked down the corridors of time and saw what, exactly? Sinners being good enough to save, because of the decision they made. Show me this passage. Because Scripture is explicitly in this area that everyone is evil, wretched, vile, law breakers, that nobody seeks after God. So, that being said, and I hope you agree that nobody does good or seeks after God apart from God. What would God have seen, what foreknowledge is there of sinners apart from God? God's foreknowledge is of his elect, his sheep, whom God sent his Son to save.​
I actually have a scripture( minus the spin) that says exactly what you obviously do not believe , and yet you have no scripture to support what you believe.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Pe 1:2 - Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit,unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you,and peace, be multiplied. Elect according to what ? That answer would be according to the foreknowledge of God. Do you have even one scripture that says differently ?

Back