Preterism and the People of God

A side note. All preterism hinges on the Law being destroyed in the 1st century.

The Law is still in effect for sinners(only) today, debunking preterism at its core.

I can prove it.

They are dead and don't know it.

that's a bazaar thought... being reformed, I hold to Christians being a lawful people... I find often those in the dispensational camp want the law to be done away with completely... ask ABM who also opposes Partial Preterisim, Post-Mil and Ammil positions... He thinks the Law has no impact on today's believers...

that's a bazaar thought... being reformed, I hold to Christians being a lawful people... I find often those in the dispensational camp want the law to be done away with completely... ask ABM who also opposes Partial Preterisim, Post-Mil and Ammil positions... He thinks the Law has no impact on today's believers...
The Law will not be done away until heaven and earth does.

So, preterist's 70ad theory of the Law ending is incorrect, causing the entire house of replacement theology cards to collapse.

The dispy's are also messed up with their idea that the Law ended.

Fact is, there are 2 priesthoods today,... Aaronic priesthood for sinners and Jesus' priesthood for saints.

We can only live under one of them at a time.

Can you not read?

Daniel 9:24-27
24 "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.
25 "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.
26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing,

Jesus was cut off after the 69th week

and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.

Events that happened in 70 A.D.

27 "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."

Important points, someone is going to make a covenant with Israel for 7 years, Israel has to be back in the Land, and a Temple has to be in place for there to be offerings that are to be stopped, and for the abomination of desolation to take place that Jesus referred to in Matthew 24 (These are yet future)

RCM

RCM, I appreciate your effort. I will come back and respond further later.

I think you are making some assumptions. First, you need a third Temple... Not mentioned any where in the NT, except for believers. Second, you break the flow of the 70 weeks prophecy by launching week 70 in to the future some 2,000+ years. This is not done anywhere else in prophetic time-tables.

Jesus put an end to sacrifices at Calvary... Jesus brought destruction to the Jewish system of his day by destroying the temple and razing Jerusalem using a flood of Roman soldiers....

Daniel 9:24-27 may be interpreted very differently from what you have given...

The Law will not be done away until heaven and earth does.

So, preterist's 70ad theory of the Law ending is incorrect, causing the entire house of replacement theology cards to collapse.

The dispy's are also messed up with their idea that the Law ended.

Fact is, there are 2 priesthoods today,... Aaronic priesthood for sinners and Jesus' priesthood for saints.

We can only live under one of them at a time.

I am not a full pret... Do you hold to the whole Law, or do you slice and dice it a bit?

I think you are making some assumptions. First, you need a third Temple... Not mentioned any where in the NT, except for believers. Second, you break the flow of the 70 weeks prophecy by launching week 70 in to the future some 2,000+ years. This is not done anywhere else in prophetic time-tables.

Jesus put an end to sacrifices at Calvary... Jesus brought destruction to the Jewish system of his day by destroying the temple and razing Jerusalem using a flood of Roman soldiers....

The 3rd temple is found in Ezekiel, which the messiah builds for himself in Jerusalem at his 2nd coming.

I think you are making some assumptions. First, you need a third Temple... Not mentioned any where in the NT, except for believers.

The Jews in Israel are ready to build a temple right now, the only thing stopping them is the conflict with the Arab world

There is a full replica of Solomon's Temple in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and it took 3 years to build

The third temple will be an unholy temple that will be desecrated just as Jesus states in Matthew 24 and Daniel 9

There will even be a fourth temple built, the temple in Ezekiel 40-48 has never yet existed

Second, you break the flow of the 70 weeks prophecy by launching week 70 in to the future some 2,000+ years. This is not done anywhere else in prophetic time-tables.

Apparently, you are not very familiar with Daniel. In Daniel chapter 11 there is a break between verse 35 and verse 36

Daniel 11 up to verse 35 is so explicit in its fulfilled prophecy that critics want to late date Daniel, from verse 36 on, the prophecy no where matches historical events, so they are yet future. There is an example of an extreme break with a considerable time lapse

And God kicked the Jews out of the land and now He has brought them back in order to fulfill His promises

You need to go read and study Ezekiel 40-48 before you make too many assumptions. There is going to be a millennial temple built and then go read Zechariah 8

Right there you have written for you that the sanctuary will be destroyed in verse 26, then immediately in verse 27 you are informed that there are offerings being presented that will be halted, which necessitates an altar and temple

RCM

The 3rd temple is found in Ezekiel, which the messiah builds for himself in Jerusalem at his 2nd coming.

so, you must believe in future animal sacrifices for sin... 38 There was a chamber and its entrance by the gateposts of the gateway, where they washed the burnt offering. 39 In the vestibule of the gateway were two tables on this side and two tables on that side, on which to slay the burnt offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering.

There will even be a fourth temple built, the temple in Ezekiel 40-48 has never yet existed

RCM

you must also believe in future sacrifices for sin

38 There was a chamber and its entrance by the gateposts of the gateway, where they washed the burnt offering. 39 In the vestibule of the gateway were two tables on this side and two tables on that side, on which to slay the burnt offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering.

so, you must believe in future animal sacrifices for sin... 38 There was a chamber and its entrance by the gateposts of the gateway, where they washed the burnt offering. 39 In the vestibule of the gateway were two tables on this side and two tables on that side, on which to slay the burnt offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering.
No, the future animal sacrifices are a memorial, like the other sacrifices.

The lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, thus Abel's etc, sacrifices, memorialized Jesus.

Same with anytime, whether now or to come.

Jesus will use it as a "billboard" for the nations to memorialize Him.

Even now, the Christian "pascha" feast is a memorial.

No, the future animal sacrifices are a memorial, like the other sacrifices.

The lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, thus Abel's etc, sacrifices, memorialized Jesus.

Same with anytime, whether now or to come.

Jesus will use it as a "billboard" for the nations to memorialize Him.

Even now, the Christian "pascha" feast is a memorial.

Excuse me, that is not what it says... you are reading your presupposition into the text...

39 In the vestibule of the gateway were two tables on this side and two tables on that side, on which to slay the burnt offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering.

No, I break them daily.

This is why I got under the new priest and priesthood per Heb 7.

The Aaronic Law of the OT and the Judaic(Melchisedek) priesthood of the NT are different priesthoods.

Aaron is for sinners and Mel(Jesus) is for saints.

I am now under the latter via Acts 2:38.

Those that refuse Acts 2:38 are under the former.

Apparently, you are not very familiar with Daniel. In Daniel chapter 11 there is a break between verse 35 and verse 36

Daniel 11 up to verse 35 is so explicit in its fulfilled prophecy that critics want to late date Daniel, from verse 36 on, the prophecy no where matches historical events, so they are yet future. There is an example of an extreme break with a considerable time lapse

RCM

Sure I am. You are assuming a separation. There was no separation within the first 69 weeks...

No, I break them daily.

This is why I got under the new priest and priesthood per Heb 7.

The Aaronic Law of the OT and the Judaic(Melchisedek) priesthood of the NT are different priesthoods.

Aaron is for sinners and Mel(Jesus) is for saints.

I am now under the latter via Acts 2:38.

Those that refuse Acts 2:38 are under the former.

fair enough... at least you admit to not living up to the law... you have no real difference from those who think it ended...

Right there you have written for you that the sanctuary will be destroyed in verse 26, then immediately in verse 27 you are informed that there are offerings being presented that will be halted, which necessitates an altar and temple

RCM

Right, when the temple was destroyed in 70 AD, the sacrifices immediately halted...

Excuse me, that is not what it says... you are reading your presupposition into the text...

39 In the vestibule of the gateway were two tables on this side and two tables on that side, on which to slay the burnt offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering.
No, it is a memorial.

No animal took away sin.

Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world.

We are instructed to keep memorials of his death.

There will not be billboards, nor was there ever, concerning His sacrifice.

The sacrifice is the equivalent to the pascha feast of 1 Cor 11, a memorial.

Either one is God's prerogative.

He set up the Christians with a feast instead of the sacrifice on the pascha to memorialize him, thus he can re institute the slaying of a pascha lamb during his reign on earth.

The Jews in Israel are ready to build a temple right now, the only thing stopping them is the conflict with the Arab world

There is a full replica of Solomon's Temple in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and it took 3 years to build

The third temple will be an unholy temple that will be desecrated just as Jesus states in Matthew 24 and Daniel 9

RCM

There is a full-size replica of Noah's Ark in Kentucky near Cincinnati.

No, it is a memorial.

No animal took away sin.

Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world.

We are instructed to keep memorials of his death.

There will not be billboards, nor was there ever, concerning His sacrifice.

The sacrifice is the equivalent to the pascha feast of 1 Cor 11, a memorial.

Either one is God's prerogative.

He set up the Christians with a feast instead of the sacrifice on the pascha to memorialize him, thus he can re institute the slaying of a pascha lamb during his reign on earth.

Let me say this again... It doesn't say Memorial... That is what you have added.

fair enough... at least you admit to not living up to the law... you have no real difference from those who think it ended...
The Aaronic Law, nor did ANY Law of God ever end per the OT.

They are forever in place as a schoolmaster for sinners.

School is still in session and sinners are the pupils.

The teacher is the Law, and boy is he strict.

Acts 2:38 is the only way to graduate out of his class and walking in the Spirit will keep you from being sent back to his school.

Back