Preterism and the People of God

The lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.

Now, did Abel's sacrifice remind God of Jesus' death to suffice Him or did it take away their sins?

You are juxtaposing two ideas that are related, but not how you are applying them. Jesus did not get slain until about 2000+ years ago.
The plan was in place before the foundation of the world... You are working real hard to avoid the simple understanding of

39 In the vestibule of the gateway were two tables on this side and two tables on that side, on which to slay the burnt offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering.

Don't see it.
Hello CC,
I was taught the opposite at first.
Look what takes place;
Finish the transgression
Makes an end of sins,
Make reconciliation for iniquity.
Bring in everlasting righteousness,
Seal up the vision and prophecy,
Anoint the most Holy

Do you think the antichrist brings in everlasting righteousness?

Can you not read?

Daniel 9:24-27
24 "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.
25 "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.
26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing,

Jesus was cut off after the 69th week

and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.

Events that happened in 70 A.D.

27 "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."

Important points, someone is going to make a covenant with Israel for 7 years, Israel has to be back in the Land, and a Temple has to be in place for there to be offerings that are to be stopped, and for the abomination of desolation to take place that Jesus referred to in Matthew 24 (These are yet future)

RCM
Hello Rcm,
Consider vs 27.....in the middle of the week...3.5 years
See post64

Last edited:
Can you not read?

Daniel 9:24-27
24 "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.
25 "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.
26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing,

Jesus was cut off after the 69th week

and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.

Events that happened in 70 A.D.

27 "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."

Important points, someone is going to make a covenant with Israel for 7 years, Israel has to be back in the Land, and a Temple has to be in place for there to be offerings that are to be stopped, and for the abomination of desolation to take place that Jesus referred to in Matthew 24 (These are yet future)

RCM
Vs 27....in the middle of the week..
That is 3.5 years
See post 64

If you have been influenced by someone like Hank Hanegraaff, you need to realize his Biblical theology is not consistent

Hanegraaff cannot address Paul's use of Israel in the NT in a consistent coherent manner

Hanegraaf has an antagonistic animosity towards the Nation Israel back in the land because it destroys his eschatology with the passing of each day's events as OT prophecy continues to unfold

RCM

For the record, HHH is not one of my go-to sources...
Hello Rcm,
Consider vs 27.....in the middle of the week...3.5 years
See post64

sounds like the Passion of Christ to me...

You are juxtaposing two ideas that are related, but not how you are applying them. Jesus did not get slain until about 2000+ years ago.
The plan was in place before the foundation of the world... You are working real hard to avoid the simple understanding of

39 In the vestibule of the gateway were two tables on this side and two tables on that side, on which to slay the burnt offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering.
Rev 13:8 says Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world.
You must think God is bound by time?

God is not double-minded. Christ was the final sacrifice for sin...
Which happened before the foundation of the world. Which qualified the sacrifices as memorials.
Do you think the sacrifices took away sins or not?
If so, yikes.
If not, they were memorials.

Hello CC,
I was taught the opposite at first.
Look what takes place;
Finish the transgression
Makes an end of sins,
Make reconciliation for iniquity.
Bring in everlasting righteousness,
Seal up the vision and prophecy,
Anoint the most Holy

Do you think the antichrist brings in everlasting righteousness?
Still missing it.

Rev 13:8 says Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world.
You must think God is bound by time?

I can only conclude you are not a very logical person. You see, in your view, either Jesus was slain more than once, or the crucifixion was a farce because it already happened in Heaven... Which is it?

Oh, and of course, God is not bound by time...

Which happened before the foundation of the world. Which qualified the sacrifices as memorials.
Do you think the sacrifices took away sins or not?
If so, yikes.
If not, they were memorials.

I can only conclude you are not a very logical person. You see, in your view, either Jesus was slain more than once, or the crucifixion was a farce because it already happened in Heaven... Which is it?

Notice, most of the OT prophecies of Jesus are in the present tense.

That is not accidental.

God predicts nothing, but actually see's and observes future events in real time, in eternity...

Psalm 22

22 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

...in real time.

Notice, most of the OT prophecies of Jesus are in the present tense.

That is not accidental.

God predicts nothing, but actually see's and observes future events in real time, in eternity...

Psalm 22

22 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

...in real time.

You are dancing around avoiding answering the question directly. In your view, either Jesus was slain more than once, or the crucifixion was a farce because it already happened in Heaven... And now, you could be alluding to that Jesus is ever presently being slain... Which is it?

you must also believe in future sacrifices for sin

38 There was a chamber and its entrance by the gateposts of the gateway, where they washed the burnt offering. 39 In the vestibule of the gateway were two tables on this side and two tables on that side, on which to slay the burnt offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering.

I believe what God has written

I believe in OT Biblical Prophecy

Jesus is the Word of God,

Revelation 19:10, "Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

RCM

Sure I am. You are assuming a separation. There was no separation within the first 69 weeks...

I didn't say there was a separation within the first 69 weeks

I gave you an example in Daniel 11 where there is a considerable separation, which can be compared to the separation between Daniel 9:26 and Daniel 9:27, which is a separation between the 69th and 70th weeks

RCM

Right, when the temple was destroyed in 70 AD, the sacrifices immediately halted...

Let me try this again, because you are not practicing good grammatical exegesis

Daniel 9:26-27
26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.

70 A.D. happens and Jerusalem and the Jewish temple is destroyed

27 "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week,

A covenant is made with Israel for seven years (Please show me where this happened in history? 70 A.D. had nothing to do with any entity having a covenant with Israel!)

but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering;

The Jews have to be back in the land, in Jerusalem, with an altar and Temple for their to be Biblical offerings

and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."

This is the reference Jesus makes in Matthew 24, regarding the antichrist

This isn't talking about Titus, God didn't destroy Titus

The oldest son of the Emperor Vespasian, Titus was the second to reign in the Flavian dynasty. But before he became emperor, Titus was an acclaimed war leader of Rome, who was charged by the reigning emperor with the task of ending the Jews’ rebellion against Roman rule. When Titus conquered and destroyed Jerusalem, he was putting an end to many decades of rebellion that had erupted long before his time.

Destruction of the Second Temple

Titus’ army broke through the walls of Jerusalem after a long siege, during which the food and water supplies to the city were cut off. According to Josephus, when Titus entered the city, his army killed 1,100,000 people within the city, most of whom were Jews; nearly 100,000 more were captured and enslaved, their image forever carved into the bas relief of Titus’ Arch.

There is controversy as to whether Titus intended to destroy the Temple. Josephus claims that the destruction of the Temple of was initiated when a Roman soldier threw a torch inside its walls, kindling a blaze. Other historical sources believe that Titus had intended all along to destroy the Temple.

Titus was crowned emperor of Rome in 79 A.D., less than a decade after his triumph in Jerusalem. Among his achievements as emperor was the completion of the famous Colosseum, which some historians believe was built by Jewish slaves.

RCM

Last edited:
There is a full-size replica of Noah's Ark in Kentucky near Cincinnati.

What does that have to do with anything???

I made reference to the replica Temple in Sao Paulo Brazil to give you an idea of how quick Israel will construct a temple whenever circumstances allow them to do so. They already have all of the temple furnishings and the Levitical priests in place and waiting

RCM

Back