Preterist trix they use to try to sustain their doctrines...

robycop3

Well given the time statements in the Bible we know when these things would occur. Unlike you, I don't need to change or make up my own definitions to suit my looney eschatology
Well, you need to do SOMETHING, as the events simply haven't yet occurred yet. If you believe they have, YOU'RE the one with looney eschatology.

Can you please show us from history when/where those events have occurred ?

Reformedguy

Well, you need to do SOMETHING, as the events simply haven't yet occurred yet. If you believe they have, YOU'RE the one with looney eschatology.

Can you please show us from history when/where those events have occurred ?
Well let's see here.....how about the great tribulation. When does our Lord say this will occur?

robycop3

Well let's see here.....how about the great tribulation. When does our Lord say this will occur?
Jesus didn't specify, but we see in revelation that it'll be after the beast enters the temple, sets up his statue in it, & declares himself God. While it doesn't say "tribulation" outright, if the plagues in Rev. 16 won't be tribulation, I don't know what would be!

But at any rate, it hasn't yet happened. If you think it has, please show us when/where from history.

Reformedguy

Jesus didn't specify, but we see in revelation that it'll be after the beast enters the temple, sets up his statue in it, & declares himself God. While it doesn't say "tribulation" outright, if the plagues in Rev. 16 won't be tribulation, I don't know what would be!

But at any rate, it hasn't yet happened. If you think it has, please show us when/where from history.
Sure He does, as does Paul and John.

You mean like Totus did when he placed a statute of Himself in the temple? Like that?

robycop3

Sure He does, as does Paul and John.

You mean like Totus did when he placed a statute of Himself in the temple? Like that?
I assume by 'Totus' you meant Titus.

Titus never entered the temple, never places a statue in it & never declared himself to be God. If you're calling him the antichrist, you're badly mistaken.

Please show us from history when/where those events occurred.

robycop3

The events near the time of Jesus' return are spelled out in Scripture. These events include the coming of the beast/antichrist, which Paul wrote MUST happen before Jesus returns, the rapture, the "abomination of desolation", the great trib, among others. There's also the "Gog-Magog war", an attack upon Israel by a coalition led by Russia, which may not be that near Jesus' return.

I, and others, have repeatedly asked preterists, who say those events have already occurred, to show us when & where they occurred in history, & have NEVER received a STRAIGHT answer. Why? Because those events have NOT yet happened, and deep-down, the prets know they havent-but they don't wanna admit their doctrine is false & that they were deceived.

That just about closes the book on preterism-it's false & its homeboys can't prove otherwise.