Progressive Christians, "White Jesus," and the Red Letters

Waldensian Knight

Progressive Christians and others who oppose Christian morals/beliefs seem to have the idea that Evangelicals worship a "White Jesus." They say this because they can't compete with Evangelicals when it comes to Biblical argumentation. Almost every progressive argument against historical Christian beliefs boils down to "Conservative Christians don't really believe the Bible either." They've created caricatures of Evangelicals in their minds, in which Evangelicals have some deep emotional attachment to the idea that Jesus is a white man. To them, race is extremely important, and the assumption is that non-white=liberal or progressive. These same people, when faced with Bible quotes in opposition to their theology, claim that they only follow Jesus, not [insert Biblical author here, usually Paul]. Paul was a mean old conservative, sexist, homophobe who hijacked Christianity. The liberal explains that only the red letters are authoritative. So let's look at what the red letters say.

John 3:16 is the most famous verse in the Bible, and for good reason. Let's look at this verse and the next two verses:
16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Jesus says that all who do not believe in Him are condemned. What rainbow-flag-waving mainline church teaches that? On the other hand, Evangelical Christianity teaches this.

Jesus said this in John 14:6,
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus makes it clear that He is the only way. Combined with John 3:18 this says that all non-Christian religions are false. You need Jesus to escape hell.

Matthew 19:4,
4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female,
5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?

"Male and female" no non-binary. And then Jesus defines marriage as between one man and one woman.

Evangelicals follow the real, Middle Eastern Jesus. Progressives follow a false Jesus invented by white people in Europe.

Progressive Christians and others who oppose Christian morals/beliefs seem to have the idea that Evangelicals worship a "White Jesus."
....Evangelicals follow the real, Middle Eastern Jesus. Progressives follow a false Jesus invented by white people in Europe.
Then Peter said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. 36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all; Acts 10

Now that faith has come,... there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus Gal 3:25-29

Last edited:
Then Peter said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. 36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all; Acts 10

Now that faith has come,... there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus Gal 3:25-29
In reality and the region Jesus came from probably had dark skin.

JonHawk said:

In reality and the region Jesus came from probably had dark skin.
He was visiting the region you speak of for a time but that is not where He is from;
“You are from below; I Am from above. You are of this world; I Am not of this world.
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe in Me, you will indeed die in your sins." John 8:23-24

“For I know their works and their thoughts. I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come and see My glory.
And I will send them to the nations who have not heard My fame nor seen My glory. And they shall declare My glory among the Gentiles. Isa 66:18-19
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ Jesus in you, the guarantee of glory. Col 1:27

He was visiting the region you speak of for a time but that is not where He is from;
He wasn't from Bethlehem?
“You are from below; I Am from above. You are of this world; I Am not of this world.
That is correct, I am in this world but I am not of it, I am of Christ, anointed of God by His Spirit just as Jesus was , he wasn't of this world either after Matt 3:16.
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe in Me, you will indeed die in your sins." John 8:23-24
And you will die the sinner that you say you are.

“For I know their works and their thoughts. I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come and see My glory.
And I will send them to the nations who have not heard My fame nor seen My glory. And they shall declare My glory among the Gentiles. Isa 66:18-19
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ Jesus in you, the guarantee of glory. Col 1:27
Christ Jesus is not sin me, cannot be in anyone, the same God who is a Spirit and was in Christ Jesus is in me.
This is the one that you do not know.

That is why I follow the ways of Jesus instead of you or Paul.

However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?
He wasn't from Bethlehem?
But out of Bethlehem, will come forth to Me, the ruler of Israel, He is from eternity.
Christ Jesus is not sin me,
Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection [raised with Christ Jesus] Rev 20:6
cannot be in anyone
Many shall awake, Some to everlasting life

I saw one like a Son of Man; He approached the Ancient of Days. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. (Dan 7:13-14)

On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, ...I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone like a Son of Man, wearing a long robe...His face was shining like the sun; Rev 1:10-18
And you will die the sinner that you say you are.
And gnostics will awake to everlasting shame. (Dan 12:2)

Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame. 1 Cor 15:34

Last edited:
We do indeed. All who are sons of God who has come has received His faith, His mind, the mind of Christ to be Gods anointed ones.
But out of Bethlehem, will come forth to Me, the ruler of Israel, He is from eternity.
And He reside in me the same as He did in Jesus. See Matt 3:16 this is when He came forth to Jesus.
Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection [raised with Christ Jesus] Rev 20:6
Amen Amen Amen. I have been raised up with Christ to be Gods anointed. You just havent met the Christ to know what that means is all.
Just as Jesus was awakened in Matt 3:16. Adam, Moses, Abraham, 120, and me.
I saw one like a Son of Man; He approached the Ancient of Days. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. (Dan 7:13-14)
SO true and all living are sons of man. It is the sonf God part that few who has found His ways as Jesus and these others did that is gnostic teachings for you.
On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, ...I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone like a Son of Man, wearing a long robe...His face was shining like the sun; Rev 1:10-18
Yes same appearance that Jesus receieved form God in Matt 3:16 is revealed in us all who has received the same.
And those who has not received from God that what Jesus receieved form Him and call themselves Christian are very shameful to God. These have their own gods they serve, some serve three of them.
Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame. 1 Cor 15:34
Arise to the righteousness of God and be the sinner Paul preached that he was and speaks this to your shame? That is very funny LOL.

Yes same appearance that Jesus receieved form God in Matt 3:16 is revealed in us all who has received the same.
Jesus led them up on a high mountain apart by themselves; and He was transfigured before them. His clothes became shining, exceedingly white, Mark 9
And those who has not received from God that what Jesus receieved form Him and call themselves Christian are very shameful to God. These have their own gods they serve, some serve three of them.
I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; Rev 3

Jesus led them up on a high mountain apart by themselves; and He was transfigured before them. His clothes became shining, exceedingly white, Mark 9

You didnt get that part of -- apart from themselves did you? You dont have a clue what that means.
I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; Rev 3
Just as Jesus went through that fife see do we all who has from the Father that what Jesus had from Him.. See Matt 3:16 that His ways are gnostic for you.

As long as you accuse the ways of the Father as gnostic, you go without the same as Jesus received from the father. Matt 3:16 is ignorance for you for there is no relation to Giod as Jesus received from Him in Matt 3:16. His ways is gnostic for you just as you keep posting the ways of Christ is gnostic.

That the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles. Acts 6:23
You didnt get that part of -- apart from themselves did you? You dont have a clue what that means.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers,
so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4

That the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles. Acts 6:23
He suffers greatly because of his gnostic ways you accuse him of.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers,
so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4

Gods kingdom is veiled to all until He opens it in you just as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16 and all these others we read of who received from God His light. But because His light is gnostic, that atheist mentality comes out from you for sure.

JonHawk said:
He suffers greatly because of his gnostic ways you accuse him of. Gods kingdom is veiled to all until He opens it in you just as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16
And, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him; Heb
and all these others we read of who received from God His light. But because His light is gnostic, that atheist mentality comes out from you for sure.
Therefore do not be partakers with them.
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in Jesus Christ our Lord. Eph 1:6-8

JonHawk said:

And, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him; Heb
Heck' even Paul as a sinner could see that once Jesus was made perfect in Matt 3:16 by God Himself is the source for salvation, but for you that is gnosticism from a mind that is atheist.
Therefore do not be partakers with them.
Good advice for you, cling to the ways of Christ instead of the gnostic thechiengs that you receieve from Paul instead of Jesus.
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in Jesus Christ our Lord. Eph 1:6-8
LOL, Paul always saw darkness of sin and never repented from it to be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. he made up all kinds of excuses not to be just as you do by accusing the ways of God as gnosticism, from an atheist standpoint of disbeliefs.

JonHawk said:

And, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him; called by God as High Priest Heb 5:9-10
Heck' even Paul as a sinner could see that once Jesus was made perfect in Matt 3:16 by God Himself is the source for salvation, but for you that is gnosticism from a mind that is atheist.
What page is that in the atheist hymnal again?

Oh, come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory; great things He hath done.

Oh, perfect redemption, the purchase of blood, To every believer

Many incorrectly believe that the son of man has to do with his humanity . The Daniel passages make it known it speaks of his deity. Those are some wonderful scriptures you shared .

Many incorrectly believe that the son of man has to do with his humanity . The Daniel passages make it known it speaks of his deity. Those are some wonderful scriptures you shared .
Agreed.
What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
For the Son of Man is soon coming in glory and majesty ...“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” Matthew 16:26-28

JonHawk said:

And, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him; called by God as High Priest Heb 5:9-10

What page is that in the atheist hymnal again?

Oh, come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory; great things He hath done.

Oh, perfect redemption, the purchase of blood, To every believer

Back