Prohibition is over.

Whateverman

The de-criminalization, and legalization, of a medicinal herb...
... leading to a more sane world.
Why was it made illegal in the first place?
Mostly racism, and fear of jazz musicians.
I mostly agree with the source-of/reason-for the criminalization. As to whether decriminalization will lead to a better world, I'm staying on the fence.

Recreational use is now legal here in MA, and while I think it's going to take a few years for any negative consequences to materialize, so far it's been smooth-sailing. No mass arrests of people driving high, no wave of public use/nuisance complaints, nothing that'd even be noticeable unless you looked hard for evidence that people were acting more irresponsibly than before.

For the most part, people here treat it like alcohol, in the sense of there being a proper time and place to enjoy it. Unlike alcohol, too much enjoyment tends to quiet celebrants down, rather than making them noisier and more obnoxious...

Temujin

I mostly agree with the source-of/reason-for the criminalization. As to whether decriminalization will lead to a better world, I'm staying on the fence.

Recreational use is now legal here in MA, and while I think it's going to take a few years for any negative consequences to materialize, so far it's been smooth-sailing. No mass arrests of people driving high, no wave of public use/nuisance complaints, nothing that'd even be noticeable unless you looked hard for evidence that people were acting more irresponsibly than before.

For the most part, people here treat it like alcohol, in the sense of there being a proper time and place to enjoy it. Unlike alcohol, too much enjoyment tends to quiet celebrants down, rather than making them noisier and more obnoxious...
Absolutely. Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug, an addictive killer which also causes huge social nuisance.

Mr Laurier

Is the THC the "medicinal" part?
No. THC is one of the active compounds. Another is CBD. Both are associated with rapid recovery from some forms of cancer. Alas even the most basic reserach was illegal for nearly a century, so we are still relying on anecdote. But I hope we find out for sure.

Authentic Nouveau

No. THC is one of the active compounds. Another is CBD. Both are associated with rapid recovery from some forms of cancer. Alas even the most basic reserach was illegal for nearly a century, so we are still relying on anecdote. But I hope we find out for sure.

You have no track record in "research"

When I was growing up, we had "the Indian Lady" visit the farm several times a year. Such a sweet person. She came up the long farm drive way in her long Cadillac. She had all the herbs, spices and teas which my mom could choose from. Mom made her a great German meal. She of course had anecdotes with all her potions. We also smuggled Wonder Oil cross the border when we visited Canadia. This was before the Supplement Store chains.

So much "oil" is fake, diluted and some even contaminated. And it still gives miracle cures. Synthetic Snake Oil salesmen.

Mr Laurier

You have no track record in "research"

When I was growing up, we had "the Indian Lady" visit the farm several times a year. Such a sweet person. She came up the long farm drive way in her long Cadillac. She had all the herbs, spices and teas which my mom could choose from. Mom made her a great German meal. She of course had anecdotes with all her potions. We also smuggled Wonder Oil cross the border when we visited Canadia. This was before the Supplement Store chains.

So much "oil" is fake, diluted and some even contaminated. And it still gives miracle cures. Synthetic Snake Oil salesmen.
And neither do you. So what.

You grew up in a city, didnt you.

You still can't stop making up crap. Not even for a moment.

Harry Leggs

The de-criminalization, and legalization, of a medicinal herb...
... leading to a more sane world.
Why was it made illegal in the first place?
Mostly racism, and fear of jazz musicians.
Heavy pot smoke over time associated with going crazy. Now they are smoking high-grade stuff all the time so we can predict mental illness like schizophrenia on the rise. The voices in your head and all that. There is nothing sane about promoting this high dosage pot they have today and smoking it all the time. Keep it away from minors and schools and leave it to the leftist burnouts. Are you smoking that crap? What is it doing to your lungs in this age of Covid 19? Perhaps putting it up your nose? Who cares. Stay away from cars.

Last edited:

Mr Laurier

Heavy pot smoke over time associated with going crazy. Now they are smoking high-grade stuff all the time so we can predict mental illness like schizophrenia on the rise. The voices in your head and all that. There is nothing sane about promoting this high dosage pot they have today and smoking it all the time. Keep it away from minors and schools and leave it to the leftist burnouts. Are you smoking that crap? What is it doing to your lungs in this age of Covid 19? Perhaps putting it up your nose? Who cares. Stay away from cars.

Reefer Madness was not a factual documentary. It was fear mongering propaganda.
You obviously have no idea how life works outside your small circle.

Harry Leggs

Reefer Madness was not a factual documentary.
Listening to the voice in your head? Nobody here cited reefer madness. Lay off the pipe.

You obviously have no idea how life works outside your small circle.
You brought it up, not me. All i did was cite an alternative model to yours via experts. The pot today is highly potent and youth are smoking it daily. Stoned all the time and the end result of lifetime mental illness. That is why they banned it earlier. They came to the conclusion pot is the gateway to mental illness.

Mr Laurier

Listening to the voice in your head? Nobody here cited reefer madness. Lay off the pipe.

You brought it up, not me. All i did was cite an alternative model to yours via experts. The pot today is highly potent and youth are smoking it daily. Stoned all the time and the end result of lifetime mental illness. That is why they banned it earlier. They came to the conclusion pot is the gateway to mental illness.
You cite Reefer Madness. What pipe?

Your fear mongering is not helping your credibility. They banned Cannabis because jazz musicians smoked it. And they were afraid that those jazz musicians would seduce their daughters into interracial sex. They MADE UP that it was a "gateway to mental illness".

Harry Leggs

You cite Reefer Madness.
Where? Are you high?
What pipe?

Your fear mongering is not helping your credibility.
Citing studies is fear-mongering? You high?
They banned Cannabis because jazz musicians smoked it.
Straight up crap.
And they were afraid that those jazz musicians would seduce their daughters into interracial sex. They MADE UP that it was a "gateway to mental illness".
Dude you are lost.

Yakuda

THC is simply the compound that gets you high. CBDs are the "medicinal" compounds.

Temujin

More than you know but that doesnt answer my question. Do you intend to answer of is snarky your MO?
Alcoholism is a form of addiction. You asked me what I meant by alcohol being addictive. I would have thought anyone who has heard of alcoholism would not need to ask the question..