Properly Defining “Free Will” In A Theological Discussion.

Paul said : I say not the Lord .

oops

And there we go!
Once someone rejects the inspiration of Scripture, heresies necessarily follow.

1Cor. 7:10 To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband 11 (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.
1Cor. 7:12 To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her.

This is NOT saying, "what I'm saying is not inspired".

What this is saying is, "What I'm saying is not what Jesus (the "Lord") said during His Earthly ministry.

1 Cor. 7:10 was taught by Jesus in Matt. 5:32.
1 Cor. 7:12 was not taught by Jesus.

So, Paul has some of his writings that are recorded in at least thirteen of his letters that are not inspired?
Probably. Paul is making a distinction to those things that Jesus taught him directly and those things which come thru knowledge and wisdom in the Spirit doing their work in his life,
Paul would never have reported his simple human thoughts as teaching in a letter,

Probably. Paul is making a distinction to those things that Jesus taught him directly and those things which come thru knowledge and wisdom in the Spirit doing their work in his life,
Paul would never have reported his simple human thoughts as teaching in a letter,
Probably? Wow! So tell me what was uninspired. This is a very horrible and very dim view of the scriptures.

The philosophy of man and their questions . I’ll stick with the revealed truth in scripture.

1 Cor 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

Ps 8:2
Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger

Is 26:5
For he bringeth down them that dwell on high; the lofty city, he layeth it low; he layeth it low, even to the ground; he bringeth it even to the dust
Wait a minute! You quoted Paul. How do you know that verse is inspired, seeing not all his writings were inspired? The same needs applied, by employing your logic, to all the writers of the Bible, both NT and OT. All you‘ve done is undermined the truthfulness and faithfulness of God’s word. If only one verse is uninspired, then how do we know which is and is not inspired? The Bible is no longer to be trusted by using your (twisted) logic.

Wait a minute! You quoted Paul. How do you know that verse is inspired, seeing not all his writings were inspired? The same needs applied, by employing your logic, to all the writers of the Bible, both NT and OT. All you‘ve done is undermined the truthfulness and faithfulness of God’s word. If only one verse is uninspired, then how do we know which is and is not inspired? The Bible is no longer to be trusted by using your (twisted) logic.
He is determined to be illogical. God knows what He is doing for sure

Probably? Wow! So tell me what was uninspired. This is a very horrible and very dim view of the scriptures.
depends on what you mean by inspired. Are you talking about the prophetic, where God tells the writer exactly what to say? Or inspired in the sense that God prompted them ro write but they used their oen words?

The philosophy of man and their questions . I’ll stick with the revealed truth in scripture.

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger

For he bringeth down them that dwell on high; the lofty city, he layeth it low; he layeth it low, even to the ground; he bringeth it even to the dust
JBG again avoids the question.

Does your brand of Christianity affirm the doctrine of the inspiration of Scripture?

@Johnnybgood

Scripture does not reveal the truth about God at all. It is only a tutorial, schoolmaster, law, to lead you to the same place in God Jesus was in God to receive from God who is the only one who can reveal His truths.

And as the tutorial instructs that, when you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him. 1 John 3.

Even Jesus didnt know Gods truths until God came to him by His Spirit and opened up who He is and all of His heaven in that man, and He does the very same in us all who receives the same as Jesus did from God Himself.

Not many actually follow that tutorial do they?

So, Paul has some of his writings that are recorded in at least thirteen of his letters that are not inspired?
Inspired for sure, but not by God. Paul never got past being a sinner and never got to the point where Jesus commands that ye be ye therefore perfect even as your Father unshaven is perfect, righteous, holy, pure, and without sin. He preached the wretched man that he was instead of being the righteousness of God in His anointing, Christ in you to walk as He walks no different from what Jesus walked in Him.

A lot more follow Pauls inspiration as a sinner then ever did follow Jesus in righteousness and without sin.

Wait a minute! You quoted Paul. How do you know that verse is inspired, seeing not all his writings were inspired? The same needs applied, by employing your logic, to all the writers of the Bible, both NT and OT. All you‘ve done is undermined the truthfulness and faithfulness of God’s word. If only one verse is uninspired, then how do we know which is and is not inspired?

... revealing all things - to the true ("i am... and the truth, and the...) - i.e. believer - in Christ.

coming into alignment with truth/Truth brings truth of all kinds of subjects. we can believe

and/or the Spirit can reveal to us (over time) what is true - above all religious beliefs/ideas

some quite good - but incomplete - "for we know - in part" and see in the dark (1 Cor. 13:12)
i.o.words - we are not God, we are not all-knowing, we are imperfect- thus our knowledge
is to varying degrees and in varying ways imperfect, dark (dim - not full light), less than 100%.

Back