Prophecy is being fulfilled now

puddleglum

The Bible contains many prophecies that have been fulfilled in the past. It contains many that will be fulfilled in the future. But there is one which is in the process of fulfillment right now.

The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. And he said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

And I answered, “O Lord GOD, you know.”

Then he said to me, “Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live.And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the LORD.”
(Ezekiel 37:1-6)

A little later God explains the meaning of Ezekiel’s vision.

Then he said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are indeed cut off.’ Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people.And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the Lord.” (Ezekiel 37:11-14)

For hundreds of years the Jews have been dispersed among the nations without a homeland of their own. The dry bones illustrate their condition. God has promised that he will restore them to their own land and they will once again be a nation. This restoration is accomplished in two steps.

So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone.And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them. (Ezekiel 37:7,8)

They are restored as a physical body but are still dead. This part has already taken place. With the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948 the Jews once again had a land of their own. Since that time they have become a strong economic and military power. But they are still spiritually dead because they have not yet acknowledged that Jesus is their Messiah. When Jesus was on trial before Pilate the Jews declared that they had no other king but Caesar and they have not yet recanted that declaration. But a time is coming when they will believe and be saved.

Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
“and this will be my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”
(Romans 11:25-27)

When that happens the rest of Ezekiel’s prophecy will be fulfilled.

Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.”So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army. (Ezekiel 37:9,10)

The time in which we live now is between verses 8 and 9. Part of the prophecy has been fulfilled and part awaits fulfillment in the future.
I read a commentary which said that this is a prediction of the Jewish return to their land after the Babylonian captivity. This view might be true. Sometimes a prophecy can have more than one fulfillment. I made a post called https://forums.carm.org/threads/the-whole-truth.5383/ in which I discussed this subject. But this was only a temporary return. They were removed from their land again after they rejected Jesus as their king. The final fulfillment is still in the future.

Keraz

You seem to forget that the Jews comprise of only 2 of the 12 tribes.
It is the ten Northern tribes who have become Christian. Jesus came to save them - us, and He was successful. Matthew 15:24
Only a remnant of the Jews will join us.

Arkycharlie

You seem to forget that the Jews comprise of only 2 of the 12 tribes.
It is the ten Northern tribes who have become Christian. Jesus came to save them - us, and He was successful. Matthew 15:24
Only a remnant of the Jews will join us.
Do you make this up yourself or do you belong to a cult that promotes this nonsense? It most certainly is not supported by Scripture in any way, shape, or form!

Arkycharlie

I use scripture to support my beliefs.
You use opinion.
I've been a serious student of eschatology for over 43 years. Over the years I've developed the means to work with the Biblical text in the original languages which is a huge advantage, especially with the Hebrew and Aramaic texts. I have two overriding principals that guide my studies: consistently literal interpretation and Scripture best interprets Scripture. You have no clue what I know and how I know it. Everything that you've posted that I've read is either rank speculation or unbiblical to the core.

You assert that "It is the ten Northern tribes who have become Christian". Take your best shot at proving that to me with Scripture and we'll see how that works out.

Keraz

I've been a serious student of eschatology for over 43 years. Over the years I've developed the means to work with the Biblical text in the original languages which is a huge advantage, especially with the Hebrew and Aramaic texts. I have two overriding principals that guide my studies: consistently literal interpretation and Scripture best interprets Scripture. You have no clue what I know and how I know it. Everything that you've posted that I've read is either rank speculation or unbiblical to the core.

You assert that "It is the ten Northern tribes who have become Christian". Take your best shot at proving that to me with Scripture and we'll see how that works out.
Matthew 15:24 I have come to save the lost sheep of the House of Israel.
NOT the House of Judah, and they rejected and killed Him.

Was Jesus a failure? No, and it follows that the majority of the Christian peoples today ARE actual descendants of the 10 Northern tribes.
WE will fulfil God's Promises to the Patriarchs, of their descendants occupying all of the holy Land.

puddleglum

Jesus himself was of the tribe of Judah. When he spoke of Israel he was speaking of all twelve tribes. Most Christians are Gentiles, just as most of the world's population is.

Reactions: BMS

Arkycharlie

Was Jesus a failure? No, and it follows that the majority of the Christian peoples today ARE actual descendants of the 10 Northern tribes.
WE will fulfil God's Promises to the Patriarchs, of their descendants occupying all of the holy Land.
Talk about a blatant non sequitur, this is a perfect example! You assert that "it follows that the majority of the Christian peoples today ARE actual descendants of the 10 Northern tribes. This is your "proof"??? "It follows" is pure speculation without a shred of evidence. This perfectly illustrates your complete inability to "rightly divide the Word of truth"!

Romans 11:
"25 For I do not want you, brothers and sisters, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written:​
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”

27 “This is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.”​

So do you assert that "all Israel" in the passage above is NOT a reference to ALL of the descendents of of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? If your answer is yes, your ignorance is patently evident!

Keraz

Talk about a blatant non sequitur, this is a perfect example! You assert that "it follows that the majority of the Christian peoples today ARE actual descendants of the 10 Northern tribes. This is your "proof"??? "It follows" is pure speculation without a shred of evidence. This perfectly illustrates your complete inability to "rightly divide the Word of truth"!

Romans 11:
"25 For I do not want you, brothers and sisters, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written:​
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
27 “This is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.”​

So do you assert that "all Israel" in the passage above is NOT a reference to ALL of the descendents of of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? If your answer is yes, your ignorance is patently evident!
The people of God, His real Israelites; are every true and faithful Christian, from every tribe, race nation and language.
That the majority of them come from the 10 Northern tribes, exiled about 2700 years ago, is God's secret.

What you and many people fail to see; is how the Lord will soon Judge and punish the apostate and Jesus rejecting Jews. Only a few Christians will survive.

Arkycharlie

The people of God, His real Israelites; are every true and faithful Christian, from every tribe, race nation and language.
That the majority of them come from the 10 Northern tribes, exiled about 2700 years ago, is God's secret.

What you and many people fail to see; is how the Lord will soon Judge and punish the apostate and Jesus rejecting Jews. Only a few Christians will survive.
So, Mister "I use scripture to support my beliefs. You use opinion." Simply making assertions about prophecy and listing passages of Scripture that supposedly confirm your "opinions" is not a convincing use of Scripture. The vast majority of your posts are nothing but ill-conceived opinions! You have proved NOTHING in this dialogue from Scripture for the simple reason that you're incapable of doing so. Nevertheless, I predict that you will continue to post your blather as that appears to be all you have to offer.

Keraz

It is a very sad fact that some people in the church, including the leadership, no longer accept the authority of the Bible. When we pick and choose the Scriptures, it means we miss out on the whole plan of God for this world. In our blindness, we no longer see the deceptions that surround us on every side. We do not see the ultimate aim of Islam, nor do we realize that the world is headed for a battle between God and the forces of evil.

Many people remain ignorant of the Word of God because they have turned instead to human wisdom and the traditions of mankind. Mark 7:13

Among many Christians, the prophetic Scriptures have been labelled “best left alone”, consequently the Church generally has a very incomplete and often incorrect picture of things to come.

Unfortunately, many Christians live almost exclusively by the New Testament and they spiritualize nearly everything in the Old. The whole world of the Middle East with its Jews and Muslims, has become shrouded in mystery – remote and out of mind. The idea that God has a plan, still uncompleted for His people and the Land, is incomprehensible.

Faulty exegesis of the Biblical promises concerning who exactly constitute the real descendants of Abraham, in God’s sight; has led many Christians astray. Having had little teaching on the prophetic Scriptures, they are extremely confused about God’s dealings with the Jews: the House of Judah, currently in the holy Land. The House of Israel: the 10 tribes, taken into captivity by the Assyrians and lost to world knowledge, but who are now mainly the Western, Christian peoples, versus the descendants of Ishmael: the Arab and related peoples.

God promised to Abraham that Ishmael would become a great people and receive blessings and He kept that promise. Genesis 17:20 [The Arab nations and their oil wealth]

Sadly, Ishmael’s descendants did not remain faithful to Abraham’s God, instead they went their own way and by the time of Mohammad, they had 365 “gods”. Mohammad chose one of these, Allah, to be the ‘one true god’, whom he considered to be the giver of the promises to Ishmael.

Church preaching and teaching that does not see the rescue and settling of ALL of the faithful Israelites of God; now every born again Christian, into all of the Promised Land, causes uncertainty and confusion about the future. Just as traditional theology prevented the Jews in 30AD from recognizing their Messiah, so much doctrine today obscures the signs of our times. God clearly says that He will bless His people, now the Christian Israelites of God and over forty prophecies detail their gathering into all that area that He gave to Abraham, so long ago. That this amazing migration and settling happens before the Return of Jesus, to commence His Millennium reign, is clear by the tasks that they are given in order to prepare themselves and the world for that event.

The prophet Daniel, tells us that God’s Holy people are present in the Land at the time the Anti-Christ comes them and places his image in the Third Temple. Daniel 11:30-35, Daniel 7:25, Revelation 13:7, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

BMS

I am enjoying reading these threads. It is true, most of the teaching in churches today is still milk and not solid food. There is so much here that the average Christian has no idea about, yet there is a rich edification, instruction and prophecy.
Much of this is disputable matter, I like the way puddleglum presents different positions.

I hope some of you are able to present these revelations to your congregations and fellowships