Provisionist

Reformedguy

Huh ?

Is this that foreign to you that this is God plan for salvation

1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV)
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
Shh....let Doug handle it.

fltom

So we're supposed to blindly accept that "believing is not meritorious", just because you CLAIM it's not?

From dictionary.com:

Meritorious (adj.)
1. deserving praise, reward, esteem, etc.; praiseworthy:

Sounds PRECISELY how one would describe "faith".

Yes, Paul repeatedly contrasted with works. But the faith Paul spoke of is NOT the same faith Arminians believe in. It is the God-given gift that CAUSES (necessarily) the elect to believe. So you can't appeal to Paul when (IMO) he's not referring to what you believe
Except unconditional election to salvation and necessitated faith are never spoken of in the bible

Last edited:

Reformedguy

so man actively believes

and the bible never speaks of man passively receiving saving faith

correct ?

Sure does, I actively fulfill the command after my heart of stone is replaced with a heart of flesh and the Spirit is put in me.

Who said you recoeve faith?

fltom

Sure does, I actively fulfill the command after my heart of stone is replaced with a heart of flesh and the Spirit is put in me.

Who said you recoeve faith?
If faith is a gift it has to be given and received No ?

you err however in that Faith is required before the Spirit is put in you

John 7:38-39 (KJV)
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Galatians 3:14 (KJV)
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Reformedguy

If faith is a gift it has to be given and received No ?

you err however in that Faith is required before the Spirit is put in you

John 7:38-39 (KJV)
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Galatians 3:14 (KJV)
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Not according to Ezekiel 36.

So where does your saving faith come from?

fltom

Neither is salvation by meritorious faith like you teach.
I don't teach meritorious faith

Faith is faith it does not earn salvation

The bible denies faith is meritorious

The only kind of faith the bible speaks of is the kind where man actively believes based on God granting or enabling it through the word

Reformedguy

I don't teach meritorious faith

Faith is faith it does not earn salvation

The bible denies faith is meritorious

The only kind of faith the bible speaks of is the kind where man actively believes based on God granting or enabling it through the word
You do teach meritorious faith.. it does earn salvation.. you cannot be saved without it..

And man's active belief apart from God is meritorious.. you can't be saved without it..

God provides the means,, man provides the ends.. Thanks for agreeing

fltom

You do teach meritorious faith.. it does earn salvation.. you cannot be saved without it..

And man's active belief apart from God is meritorious.. you can't be saved without it..

God provides the means,, man provides the ends.. Thanks for agreeing
Sorry but you speak out of your own understanding and contrary to scripture

and you are still in error regarding the ends

forgiveness and salvation are the ends and man does not supply this

so you just repeat nonsense

Reformedguy

Sorry but you speak out of your own understanding and contrary to scripture

and you are still in error regarding the ends

forgiveness and salvation are the ends and man does not supply this

so you just repeat nonsense
Man does supply the faith/belief in your dumb system which without you cannot be saved. Therefore they meritorious. The more you talk the more you agree with me. Thanks.

fltom

Man does supply the faith/belief in your dumb system which without you cannot be saved. Therefore they meritorious. The more you talk the more you agree with me. Thanks.
Sorry merit implies they earned salvation

that is absurd

no one can earn their salvation

fltom

In your system they do. Your exactly right. Lol keep talking. Please
Sorry but you are reporting falsely based on faulty understanding

and a refusal to heed scripture

Romans 4:4-5 (KJV)
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Merit is in Christ

not man