Q & A: Creationism

AV1611VET

I'll be glad to address any questions you may have on a literal six-day creation week, since creationism is my forté.

I'll do my best to answer from a Biblical perspective.

Temujin

Crow nailed it.

Jesus took it literally as well.
So, the Bible is literally true because the Bible says that it is literally true, and also says that Jesus says that it is literally true. Who can honestly quibble with that, other than anyone with an ounce of logic?

CrowCross

So, the Bible is literally true because the Bible says that it is literally true, and also says that Jesus says that it is literally true. Who can honestly quibble with that, other than anyone with an ounce of logic?
Do you think that is the only reason?

The bible is literally true because that's the way the bible presents Genesis. I have seen no reason to doubt the literal historical accuracy of Genesis.

CrowCross

Well you cannot get much more ignorant or uneducated than "I have seen no reason to doubt the literal historical accuracy of Genesis".
Why do you call someone ignorant ...because they apply science to Genesis and see that science supports special creation?

Do you honestly think you can win your point of the day by ad-homs?

When I showed you were ignorant on this topic it easn't an ad-hom....it was the truth.

Keep in mind ignorant doesn't mean stupid...is simply means uneducated.

Temujin

Jesus believed the literal historical accuracy of Genesis.

That's good enough for me.
I refer you to my comment in post #13. As far as I'm aware no bronze age person, including Jesus, had access to the body of knowledge we have now. Is bronze age knowledge is good enough for you, what are you doing on the Internet?

Temujin

Why do you call someone ignorant ...because they apply science to Genesis and see that science supports special creation?

Do you honestly think you can win your point of the day by ad-homs?

When I showed you were ignorant on this topic it easn't an ad-hom....it was the truth.

Keep in mind ignorant doesn't mean stupid...is simply means uneducated.
I know what ignorant means. Anyone who thinks that science supports special creation is ignorant of science. Anyone who thinks that Biblical literal ism is supported by science is uneducated. This is not an ad hom. That is the truth. There is nothing in science, nothing whatsoever, in any discipline, that supports biblical literalism over materialist explanations. You have a story. That's it. You may chose to believe the message of that story and apply it to your life, as most Christians do. You may chose to disbelieve that story as atheists and members of other faiths do. Or you may chose to believe every single word of that story is literally true, as ignorant and uneducated people do.

AV1611VET

I refer you to my comment in post #13. As far as I'm aware no bronze age person, including Jesus, had access to the body of knowledge we have now. Is bronze age knowledge is good enough for you, what are you doing on the Internet?
The book of Job mentions electronic communication.

So that, along with the First Amendment, gives me the right to the Internet.

To reciprocate, if you don't believe in God, what are you doing breathing His air?

Temujin

The book of Job mentions electronic communication.

So that, along with the First Amendment, gives me the right to the Internet.

To reciprocate, if you don't believe in God, what are you doing breathing His air?
Breathing my own air, and not wasting it by praying to non-existent deities.