Question concerning the sheep

I had asked you if the "divine council" was omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

My answer is the same--the scriptures testify the gods of the Biblical text were part of the divine council:

CrowCross said:
Not the way you define god....for example the gods you speak of are not divine.

What is there about the divine council--which one doesn't find divine?

Psalm 82:1---English Standard Version
1 God has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:

You got burned--and then you start adding the superlatives. It was a divine council of gods--that alone puts your swing in check.

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

Could you explain how that covers up or cancels out the reality of the divine council of gods?

Are you attempting to claim God takes His place within a divine council of gods--you believe is non-existent, or idols? How are idols--divine?

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

That only affirms there are other real gods.

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

That only separates out God the Son from the "one God" of the Biblical NT text.

The scripture is clear...To believers, there is but one God the father...

What about the "one Lord"--who was the God of Israel?

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

and there is not in every man that knowledge. Those who don't have the knowledge that the believer has only one God will conjure many Gods to satisfy their ignorance. But there will always be those who don't have the knowledge therefore there will always be this debate.

Here is the knowledge:

1 Corinthians 8:6---King James Version (KJV)6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 2:5--King James Version (KJV)
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 4:4-6--King James Version (KJV)

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

How do you explain that?

Could you explain how that covers up or cancels out the reality of the divine council of gods?

There is no coverup or cancel
The understanding is God is the almighty God (El Shaddai) and gods are the mighty ones (Elohims). There is only one Almighty God, but many Elohims
Are you attempting to claim God takes His place within a divine council of gods--you believe is non-existent, or idols? How are idols--divine?
Far from it. YHWH is the Almighty God also referred to as Elohim but there are other Elohims who are not Almighty. I never claimed them to be nonexistent. Idols are different they are images made by men they are not gods although men refer to them as gods. I never claimed idols are divine. When it comes to the Almighty God another almighty is nonexistent.
That only affirms there are other real gods.
Of course, there are they are Elohims but the father is the Almighty Elohim there is only one of him.
That only separates out God the Son from the "one God" of the Biblical NT text.
There is no mention of a God the son in the scripture. We were going fine so far. I have pointed out that the father is the same Almighty God aka YHWH. So to us(believers) there is but one Almighty God aka YHWH aka the Father. believers do not accept a God the son or a God the HS who equals the Almighty God.
What about the "one Lord"--who was the God of Israel?
The Almighty God is the God of Israel he made His son Jesus Lord of Israel for the redemption.

Here is the knowledge:

1 Corinthians 8:6---King James Version (KJV)6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
repeating what I wrote but making the word "and" red shows that you understand that there are two entities in the verse. God the father AND Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus is not classified as God in the passage.
1 Timothy 2:5--King James Version (KJV)
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
The one God is the father and the mediator between God (the Father) and men is the man Jesus. Therefore it is accepted by the author Jesus is not God.
Ephesians 4:4-6--King James Version (KJV)
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
The one Lord is Jesus as explained in 1 Tim. and 1 Cor. The one God is the Father who alone is above all, as explained in the same passages.
How do you explain that?
1 Corinthians 15:28
And when all things shall be subdued unto him(the son), then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him( God the father) that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The scripture explains it, the problem is how can you not understand it.

My answer is the same--the scriptures testify the gods of the Biblical text were part of the divine council:
I understand your argument however you should take a look at a Lexicon and then decide what the scripture says... Some translations are misleading when it comes to specifics.

You got burned--and then you start adding the superlatives. It was a divine council of gods--that alone puts your swing in check.
There is no mention of a divine council in the Hebrew text, your argument is based on a specific that is not in the Hebrew text

So--you haven't revealed to us how many gods you believe were involved here:

You should look at a Lexicon to understand the words you are arguing about.
John 10:34-35---English Standard Version
34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’?
35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken—

Could you explain that for us?
Easy..
Still waiting on someone to explain this for us?
Let me know your conclusion after you look at the Hebrew words.

There is no mention of a divine council in the Hebrew text, your argument is based on a specific that is not in the Hebrew text

The Hebrew Bible, or "Hebrew text" is the Biblical "Old Testament":

There is mention of the divine council there.

You should look at a Lexicon to understand the words you are arguing about.

Easy..

Let me know your conclusion after you look at the Hebrew words.

My conclusion is just what the Biblical text testifies to--a divine council:

The Hebrew Bible, or "Hebrew text" is the Biblical "Old Testament":
Yes, and Jesus quoted from the same Old Testament. Jesus did not quote the new testament, did he?
Jesus did not quote from that translation, did he? You are quoting from a translation that does not say what the Hebrew text says. Did you at least compare the two of them?
There is mention of the divine council there.
And that is my point. You are referring to something that was not mentioned in the Hebrew Old testament text that it was translated from. Doesn't that bother you?

My conclusion is just what the Biblical text testifies to--a divine council:
What biblical text? You are quoting a translation. This is 2023. You can fact-check to see if what you are reading is the same thing that the original language says. The biblical text is the original text.
That is biblical translated text it is not the original text. Have you tested it against the original text?

Will you answer the question????

I had asked you if the "divine council" was omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

YES OR NO

Will you answer the question????

YES OR NO

I'll leave you to that answer--there is nothing in the quoted text which mentions any of those terms.

My concern was your postulation here:

CrowCross said:
Not the way you define god....for example the gods you speak of are not divine.

And my question here--about your claim above:

"What is there about the divine council--which one doesn't find divine?

You got burned--and then you start adding the superlatives. It was a divine council of gods--that alone puts your swing in check."

So--what is your answer to that?

"What is there about the divine council--which one doesn't find divine?
I answered with a clarification question...and for some reason you keep running from it...

YES OR NO

Once I have your understanding of the council being omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent....we can move on in the conversation.

Will you cooperate and answer the question?

What biblical text? You are quoting a translation. This is 2023. You can fact-check to see if what you are reading is the same thing that the original language says. The biblical text is the original text.

That is biblical translated text it is not the original text. Have you tested it against the original text?

There is no "original text". What text are you referring to?

I answered with a clarification question...and for some reason you keep running from it...

YES OR NO

Once I have your understanding of the council being omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent....we can move on in the conversation.

Will you cooperate and answer the question?

I have no interest in your question. Feel free to come to your own conclusions--and then to post those conclusions. I am attempting to understand what connection you are imposing between your question involving "omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent"--and the Biblical testimony of the "divine council" :

My concern was your statement here:

CrowCross said: Not the way you define god....for example the gods you speak of are not divine.

That puts you in direct conflict with the Biblical witness above--regardless of any " omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent" question. Your interjection of those terms amount to a diversion--as you got burned--and ran to a totally different concern, which I am neither interested in, or that explains the anomaly created in your testimony--against the Biblical witness above.

Care to deal with my concern about your testimony above--and how it conflicts with the Biblical record?

There is no "original text". What text are you referring to?
The original Hebrew sir. The passage you quoted was originally written in Hebrew. Someone translated it into Greek then into Latin then into English. Do you think the Israelites spoke and wrote English when the scripture was originally written?

I chose the ESV for two reasons:

1) It's a modern translation reflecting modern scholarship. (2001)
Therefore the council you are referring to did not exist before they made it up
2) It was created by more than 100 leading evangelical scholars--and endorsed by a number of evangelical leaders.
Leading to where? It is clear that they are leading away from the original teachings...
1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
So, again--what don't you find as divine--concerning the divine council?
It is not mentioned in the Hebrew text
NASB Lexicon
NASB ©HebrewStrong'sOrigin
A Psalm of Asaph. Godאֱ‍ֽלֹהִ֗ים
(e·lo·him)
430: God, godpl. of eloah
takes His standנִצָּ֥ב
(ni·tzav)
5324: to take one's stand, standa prim. root
in His own congregation;בַּעֲדַת־
(ba·'a·dat-)
5712: congregationfrom yaad
He judgesיִשְׁפֹּֽט׃
(yish·pot.)
8199: to judge, governa prim. root
in the midstבְּקֶ֖רֶב
(be·ke·rev)
7130: inward part, midstfrom an unused word
of the rulers.אֱלֹהִ֣ים
(e·lo·him)
430: God, god
Nonetheless--if you didn't like that particular translation--then perhaps you would consider these:

Psalm 82:1---International Standard Version
1 God takes his stand in the divine assembly;
among the divine[a] beings[b] he renders judgment:

Psalm 82:1---Modern English Version
1 God stands among the divine council;
He renders judgment among the gods.

Psalm 82:1---Revised Standard Version
They don't reflect the Hebrew understanding.
Are you a polytheist? All the versions that you presented confirm only one true God. So it is either they are trying to confuse you or they made an error in the translation. There is no mention of a divine council in the Hebrew text.
John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
ISV
And this is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent—Jesus the Messiah.
MEV
This is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.
RSV
And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

The original Hebrew sir. The passage you quoted was originally written in Hebrew. Someone translated it into Greek then into Latin then into English. Do you think the Israelites spoke and wrote English when the scripture was originally written?

What "original Hebrew" text are you referring to?

Therefore the council you are referring to did not exist before they made it up

Leading to where? It is clear that they are leading away from the original teachings...

That who "made it up"? What "original teachings"?

What is your evidence ancient Israel didn't believe in a divine council?

Back