Question for Bible buffs...

shnarkle

Test your memory with this one:

Fill in the blank: "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is ____________, is a jealous God:"

I couldn't remember, but it certainly wasn't what it turns out to be which seems completely ridiculous.

Jealous

Exodus 34:14

A beautiful passage.

God alone is the proper recipient of worship. He created us and that is what we ought to do.

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
So your god is named Jealous? To this day, I've never heard a single Christian refer to their god by this name. Have you? Could it be because they're observing the commandment to refrain from using his name in vain? I've never heard anyone use God's name in vain. Have you?

So your god is named Jealous? To this day, I've never heard a single Christian refer to their god by this name. Have you? Could it be because they're observing the commandment to refrain from using his name in vain? I've never heard anyone use God's name in vain. Have you?
Then again, I have heard people use the word though which may be a form or type of transgression of the commandment, no? Perhaps most especially if one were to say something like "I'm jealous."

Fill in the blank: "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is ____________, is a jealous God:"

I couldn't remember, but it certainly wasn't what it turns out to be which seems completely ridiculous.

Amos 5:26
You have lifted up the shrine of your king, the pedestal of your idols, the star of your god — which you made for yourselves.

In other words,alot of people in Israel have made a huge mistake and will pay a deadly price on the day of the Lord.They can't say they were not warned.

YHVH - next question???

Now play your "Word Games".

Amos 5:26
You have lifted up the shrine of your king, the pedestal of your idols, the star of your god — which you made for yourselves.

In other words,alot of people in Israel have made a huge mistake and will pay a deadly price on the day of the Lord.They can't say they were not warned.
They're going to get a slap on the wrist compared to what the rest of the world gets on the Day of the Lord. Christians won't even observe the Lord's feast days.

They're going to get a slap on the wrist compared to what the rest of the world gets on the Day of the Lord. Christians won't even observe the Lord's feast days.
A slap on the wrist for worshiping their king?

Revelation 14:9-10
A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand,
they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

Keep in mind.God is a jealous God.

Jealous

Of course we don't. They were looking FORWARD to the substance of the feast. We keep Jesus who is the substance of all the feasts, including the holy convocation of the Sabbath day. Leviticus 23.

Back