Question for Catholics about the 4 Marian dogmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonnie said:
Totally false! Mary is the ONLY hope for sinners? What does that make Jesus? Chopped liver? Gate of heaven? JESUS says HE is the gate! How about Morning Star? Jesus said HE is the Morning Star, in Revelation. Health of the sick? It is God Who heals, not Mary! Comfort of the Afflicted? I thought the HS is our Comforter! Cause of our Joy? What? Jesus is our source of joy, not Mary!

None of these titles for Mary is remotely Biblical, and two of them are given to Jesus in the Bible, not Mary!

So very, very wrong!
Everything you received from Jesus, you did so because He entered time and space incarnated from her flesh. That is a big deal. You treat it as nothing.
we aren't the ones who ignore her Son and place her above Him. catholics do that.

btw, whose plan was it for the Son to become man to bring salvation to mankind? was that Mary's plan or the plan of the Godhead?

No one else was the Mother of God, Bonnie. Amazing that Protestants treat that like it is commonplace and no big deal.
This has nothing to do with that wretched statue being paraded around in Spain, and is just an emotional attack in an attempt to make me feel guilty. Won't work.

I have never, ever treated the Incarnation in Mary's womb as "commonplace and no big deal." I have said repeatedly on here that Mary was a special lady to have born Jesus in His humanity, and that I love, honor, and respect her for it. But beyond that I will not go--as those Spaniards did, parading around a gaudily-dressed statue of Mary, to weep and fawn over. As diLiguoir did, in that awful book of his, the Glories of Mary.

But it is far more accurate to say that Mary was the mother of God Incarnate, mother of the Son of God, or the mother of the Incarnate Word, instead of mother of God. The latter makes it sound as if she birthed the Godhead, instead of just Jesus, the Son of God, which could be easily misconstrued.

Oh, my, what a lot of baloney from the Catholic deli! You are most terribly and wretchedly wrong, pilgrim! This post is sheer desperation on your part, to score a "point" in this debate. Can't refute what we non-Catholics write on here, so attack the messengers' character!

I know of a sin even MORE deadly than envy--idolatry, which is what is going on with that wretched statue in the youtube video I posted. Which is what Mariolatry leads to, in the RCC, with some--like diLiguori, for instance.

Everything you received from Jesus, you did so because He entered time and space incarnated from her flesh. edit per mod
No everything we receive from Jesus is because He decided before Mary was even born to come down in human form. Mary is not the mother of His divinity at all, it existed before Mary existed. So she clearly is not the mother of God. She is not the mother of the father or the HS and the word God encompasses the 3 persons of God. She is the mother of Jesus who is both human and Divine.

Mary obeyed God and took on the possibility of being an unwed mother in a time when she could have been stoned to death. She showed bravery and courage. Of course we do not belittle her nor do we elevate to the status of a goddess which is what happens to the RC Mary.

Luke 1:39​
And Mary arose in those days,​
and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;​
40 And entered into the house of Zacharias,​
and saluted Elisabeth.​
Mary obeyed God and took on the possibility of being an unwed mother in a time when she could have been stoned to death. She showed bravery and courage. Of course we do not belittle her nor do we elevate to the status of a goddess which is what happens to the RC Mary.

Most think Mary went jumping for Joy;
spreading the good news
but that just ain't so
Run Girl Run, they catch you they gonna Stone You​
Run gal Run, Run girl run​
as long as she had Sancturary in the home of Zacharias
she was safe​
then Joseph stepped up and took her for his wife​
but as Matthew says

Matt.1:18​
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise:
When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph,
before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.​
. so much for this fabricated tale Mary had taken a vow to remain a virgin all her life

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son:​
and he called his name Jesus.​

I am locking this very old thread. In the future, posters, do not reply to threads this old and bump them to the first page. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back