Question for Catholics....

I can only answer your question this way. Mary as the Mother of God I am all in on and believe totally, and I can also believe in the Immaculate Conception with no problem - both of those make sense to me.
that's too bad - on both counts.

The other two, her PV and Assumption do not really concern me one way or the other.
they should, they're made up by the false teacher you claim as your 'church'.

A Catholic on here wrote this to me:

To which I responded:

So, could a Catholic answer this question of mine, please? Is believing this stuff about Mary essential for salvation in the RCC? Thanks.
The short answer is that Catholics are bound to believe whatever God has revealed and the Church proposes to them as to be believed. That doesn't mean that all Catholics have to be theologians. A Catholic doesn't have to be able to explain the theology behind every doctrine of the Church, he just has to have the intention of adhering to what the Church teaches.

But a Catholic cannot explicitly deny any defined dogma of the Church, such as the perpetual virginity of the Blessed Virgin Mary or her bodily Assumption into heaven. These dogmas are not optional.

So, could a Catholic answer this question of mine, please? Is believing this stuff about Mary essential for salvation in the RCC? Thanks.
"Essential for salvation" is Protestant language so that limits a Catholic answer. Catholics obey and submit to leadership as per Scripture. We accept all dogmas as essential to faith in Christ including the Marian dogmas.

"Essential for salvation" is Protestant language so that limits a Catholic answer.
You are right, it limits the answers that rc's can use. Otherwise, there would be no doubt in any mind that rc's are not Christians.
Catholics obey and submit to leadership as per Scripture.
Nope, you blindly follow and do what you are told to do.
We accept all dogmas as essential to faith in Christ including the Marian dogmas.
That is a choice that you may very well wind up regretting.

The short answer is that Catholics are bound to believe whatever God has revealed and the Church proposes to them as to be believed. That doesn't mean that all Catholics have to be theologians. A Catholic doesn't have to be able to explain the theology behind every doctrine of the Church, he just has to have the intention of adhering to what the Church teaches.

But a Catholic cannot explicitly deny any defined dogma of the Church, such as the perpetual virginity of the Blessed Virgin Mary or her bodily Assumption into heaven. These dogmas are not optional.
whatever He 'reveals' will be supported in scripture. catholic teachings aren't found in it.
you've posted major differences between being catholic and being Christian.

"Essential for salvation" is Protestant language so that limits a Catholic answer.
not the language of protestants who aren't believers...

why does the language of a nonC limit a catholic answer?

Catholics obey and submit to leadership as per Scripture. We accept all dogmas as essential to faith in Christ including the Marian dogmas.
yes, catholics obey and submit to false leaders - as they misunderstand a verse they've pulled out of context, doing what they were taught to do by those very same false teachers.

got a vs where Jesus or an apostle tells people to believe in and follow false teachers? if so, post it. read Gal 1. that's probably not taught by the rcc.

whatever He 'reveals' will be supported in scripture. catholic teachings aren't found in it.
The founder of your false religion, Luther, stripped everything away from the Church so that all he had left was the Bible and his false and novel interpretations of it. Even that wasn't enough for him as he dared to change the words of scripture itself.

Protestants follow in his heretical footsteps, everyone of them claiming for themselves the authority they deny to the Catholic Church.

The founder of your false religion, Luther, stripped everything away from the Church so that all he had left was the Bible and his false and novel interpretations of it. Even that wasn't enough for him as he dared to change the words of scripture itself.

Protestants follow in his heretical footsteps, everyone of them claiming for themselves the authority they deny to the Catholic Church.
Do you not know the rules? "Protestants" are not supposed to debate one another on this forum. Take your argument to the proper thread.

So Paul was wrong when the jailer asked 'what must i do to be saved?' And Paul replied 'believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.' He left out a whole pile of stuff. Was he right or wrong?
He was right.
What does it mean to believe?

To which I responded:

Yes, the Marian doctrines/dogmas are essential for anyone's salvation.

Yes, the Marian doctrines/dogmas are essential for anyone's salvation.
That is a blatant false claim. Show one scripture that says that. I mean the literal words of Jesus saying that Mary is the way and is essential for salvation.

Scripture totally disagrees with that claim:

John 14:6

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

acts 4:12

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Matt 7:21

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Nowhere does it say Mary is the way or salvation is found in Mary or that the Father's will is that we believe in the false Marian doctrines.

That is a blatant false claim. Show one scripture that says that. I mean the literal words of Jesus saying that Mary is the way and is essential for salvation.

Scripture totally disagrees with that claim:

John 14:6

acts 4:12

Matt 7:21

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Nowhere does it say Mary is the way or salvation is found in Mary or that the Father's will is that we believe in the false Marian doctrines.
That is a blatant false claim. Show one scripture that says that.
catholics prove over and over that they can't do that.

mica said:
The founder of your false religion, Luther,
I'm not part of a false religion, you are. Christianity isn't false or a religion.

stripped everything away from the Church so that all he had left was the Bible
?? that's how little His word means to catholics. His word is very precious to believers. ALL that catholics have are words of mortal men.

and his false and novel interpretations of it.
if you mean Luther's words of 'faith alone', they aren't false, nor is the understanding of it novel to believers.

Even that wasn't enough for him as he dared to change the words of scripture itself.
again, if you mean his words of 'faith alone'- he didn't change 'words' of scripture.

the word 'alone' clarifies the meaning. catholics don't like that because it excludes the addition of their works. catholics are the ones who add to His word. they also take from it, change the meaning of words and all-around pervert His word.

Protestants follow in his heretical footsteps,
catholics are the ones following the heretical footsteps of the rcc.

everyone of them claiming for themselves the authority they deny to the Catholic Church.
the rcc has no God given authority regarding His church or His word.

You are right, it limits the answers that rc's can use. Otherwise, there would be no doubt in any mind that rc's are not Christians.

Nope, you blindly follow and do what you are told to do.

That is a choice that you may very well wind up regretting.
Dogma's aren't whims of the local Priest.

The Church's Magisterium asserts that it exercises the authority it holds from Christ to the fullest extent when it defines dogmas, that is, when it proposes, in a form obliging Catholics to an irrevocable adherence of faith, truths contained in divine Revelation or also when it proposes, in a definitive way, truths having a necessary connection with these.

I'm sure you yourself adhere Truths dogmatically held in Christianity such as the Trinity and Christs nature. Things that can no longer be disputed in theology.

To which I responded:

Is accepting the truth essential for salvation?

Well, I certainly wouldn’t advise someone to reject the truth or disregard it as non-essential. Would you?

Dogma's aren't whims of the local Priest.
post a quote of mine where i ever said that they were.
The Church's Magisterium asserts that it exercises the authority it holds from Christ
let me re-iterate for the umpteenth septa-zillionth time---> your apostate church has absolutely no authority make up garbage that lies contradicts the Scriptures and to say that someone's salvation is dependent on believing it.
to the fullest extent when it defines dogmas, that is, when it proposes, in a form obliging Catholics to an irrevocable adherence of faith, truths contained in divine Revelation or also when it proposes, in a definitive way, truths having a necessary connection with these.
It is a sad thing that rc's will not think for themselves

I'm sure you yourself adhere Truths dogmatically held in Christianity such as the Trinity and Christs nature. Things that can no longer be disputed in theology.
Everything we believe is within the Scriptures. people that say that they are Christians dispute these things every day.

post a quote of mine where i ever said that they were.

let me re-iterate for the umpteenth septa-zillionth time---> your apostate church has absolutely no authority make up garbage that lies contradicts the Scriptures and to say that someone's salvation is dependent on believing it.

It is a sad thing that rc's will not think for themselves

Everything we believe is within the Scriptures. people that say that they are Christians dispute these things every day.
Your statement, "Everything we believe is within the Scriptures" can be misleading.

Back