Question for Christians on Morality

stiggy wiggy

No but I'm sure if I said he didn't you'd be asking for proof of that too.

And you would be quite wrong, since I don't think Paul wrote Hebrews.

Of course you do. It makes up 90% of Christianity.

Wrong. It makes up 100% of Christianity, just like the four gospels.

Can you point to that in scripture?

Yep, Romans 6:6 and Hebrews 4:15.

Can you point to that in scripture?

Yep, Hebrews 10:1-4 and Hebrews 9:14 and I John 1:9 and Hebrews 10:11-14.

I don't need to interpret it it's plain for all to see.

Obviously not for you. You think Jesus expects us to confess our sins over a goat and banish the goat to the wilderness. He FULFILLED that by becoming our goat. As Paul says, "He was made sin."

Tiburon

Yep, Romans 6:6 and Hebrews 4:15.

Yep, Hebrews 10:1-4 and Hebrews 9:14 and I John 1:9 and Hebrews 10:11-14.
Nothing from Jesus then?

Obviously not for you. You think Jesus expects us to confess our sins over a goat and banish the goat to the wilderness. He FULFILLED that by becoming our goat. As Paul says, "He was made sin."
Jesus death is supposedly a payment for sin.
That sin is transgression against God's law.
Without the Law what makes us sinners?

BMS

Then Jesus disagrees with His father on how many wives a man is allowed.

So, God changed the moral rules on divorce. Thank you for confirming that those rules changed.
So the point being God didnt change His morals even though immoral stuff went on. Hence the need for salvation through Jesus who clarified this.

BMS

No it just shows that I didn't read the original question correctly.

Hebrews is from Paul not Jesus. I love how Christians always fall back on Paul.
So no comment on Jesus only being a sacrifice for our transgression of the Law? The Law is supposed to convict us of our sins for which Jesus allegedly paid. No Law, no conviction, no need to pay.

Matthew 5;
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
No, careful, Matthew is no more written by Jesus than Hebrews is. You made it sound like one was of Jesus and the other wasnt.

Just a point on this, many of the epistles by Paul were probably written before the synoptic gospels and Acts by Luke which endorses the synoptic gospels and the epistles.
The liberal concept of Paul and Jesus is unfounded and I suspect stems from lgbt objections.

Jesus does teach to people to follow the law and to follow Him as a fulfillment of the law so one needs to also read that He doesnt abolish the law but fulfills it. Therefore I assume that He is reminding people if they want to follow the law they need to follow it perfectly.

stiggy wiggy

Nothing from Jesus then?

Mark 10:45 and Matthew 20:28. By the way, I appreciate how you've given me the opportunity with these questions to educate you and to help dispel some of your ignorance.

Jesus death is supposedly a payment for sin.

Correct.

That sin is transgression against God's law.

Against God's will for us, expressed many years ago to the Jews through the Law and to us through the law of our conscience. Romans 2:14-16.

Without the Law what makes us sinners?

The world, the flesh and the devil.