Question for Everyone: The Atheist's "Burden of Refutation"

Whatsisface

Of course there is only One True God, it is not possible to be more. How ever there are multiple false gods. If I may which false god/s do you follow if any ?
Above all other things it is called Faith...
I don't follow any God's. My view is, none exist.

Bob1

Ok. Explain in detail what you have done that is what Jesus said.
No excuses.
Gotten on my knees and asked him for help.
Of course, you will come up with a million legalistic excuses to claim I "didn't do it right".

Bob1

LOL. The amount of times that people have asked you to explain in detail what it is that Jesus said to do is beyond count. As are the times you haven't specifically answered the question.

There must be a word that describes this behaviour.
Yes, I seem to recall his dodging on that issue. If you ask him what Jesus said to do, he will answer along the lines of, "Read the bible and do what Jesus said to do."

Bob1

Considering that Jesus followers for the past two millennia have been doing what Jesus said and it's been working great, your statements just raise the question of whether you just don't get it.

Jesus was quite clear that there's all kinds of false beliefs, teachers, prophets and ideas promoted in his name which will not result in your knowing him.

He was quite clear that we're to be on guard against false teachers.

Much of the bible talks about how people would miss it.

So, your ongoing attempts to discredit biblical christianity isn't helping your cause here.
Considering the number of people that have tried your religion and found nothing, it's reasonable to conclude that either your religion has nothing to offer or you're giving people false information.

And as for your claim that it has "worked" for people for thousands of years... other religions claim the same thing.

Bob1

Yeah, history says otherwise.

Be my guest.
List them. Be detailed though. We don't want you to conflate them with the crimes of Islam, buddhism, Hinduism, etc....
No, history doesn't say otherwise. Atheism doesn't cause despotic acts. If you disagree, be specific. Provide evidence where despots have said they did what they did for atheism.

Crusades... inquisition... witch hunts... the extermination of the Cathers. That should get you started.

Bob1

Me ? you blame me now ? They have the Scriptures.... Luke 24: John 5:
I am showing salvation in the Scriptures and Healing as well... so do not point your finger at me.. Look to yourself first as Scripture teaches.
Salvation and how to get and Healing and how to get!
I said, it's because your religion and your deity failed to clarify their ignorance.

Bob1

Same with the history of Julius Caesar ... 🙄
Nope. We have documentation of Caesar... we even have Caesar's own writings.
You also fail to take into account the fact that you are comparing apples to oranges... the alleged existence of a DEITY vs the alleged existence of a MAN.

rossh

It's a debate site. It's for arguing. That does not excuse a complete lack of caring for those with whom you disagree.
First arguing is not a disagreement .. Srguing is when proper Scriptures are quoted and yet the receiver disputes what those passages actually say. Example might be, " Gen 1: In the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth. " some who then says that it does not " mean that " exactly is just arguing or as some may claim, a " troll "..
Yes indeed a soul who does not want to be saved is one kind of soul but, the souls that do not know that they need salvation is what ?

Tiburon

First arguing is not a disagreement .. Srguing is when proper Scriptures are quoted and yet the receiver disputes what those passages actually say. Example might be, " Gen 1: In the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth. " some who then says that it does not " mean that " exactly is just arguing or as some may claim, a " troll "..
Yes indeed a soul who does not want to be saved is one kind of soul but, the souls that do not know that they need salvation is what ?
Quoting scripture and interpreting their meaning are two different things. Presenting a different understanding is not Trolling.
If it is then there is a multitude of Christian denominations started by trolls.

rossh

Quoting scripture and interpreting their meaning are two different things. Presenting a different understanding is not Trolling.
If it is then there is a multitude of Christian denominations started by trolls.
yea sure, but only if it is a different language,,, seriously Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was unformed and void, darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.
Well I understand the above as it is given ? God never gave us His Word to NOT be understood... Psalm 119:18 - 34, Luke 24:45

rossh

of course it is,,, what else can it be when it comes over much different than the obvious meaning right there in print...