Question for Everyone: The Atheist's "Burden of Refutation"

rossh

Wrong. The ten commandments etc are obviously just man-made since they didn't apply to Abraham et al and their ancestors.
Which is why it wasn't morally wrong for Abraham and Noah to have sexual relationships with their sisters, or for Abraham to commit adultery with Hagar.
And why it wasn't morally wrong to command Abraham to butcher and cook his son as a sacrificial meal, or for Cain-an to kill his brother Abel or for Noah's father to murder a young man (Gen 4).
well of course not to old dead Abe, how could that be, but to the free Hebrews with Moses and us, and even YOU..

J regia

well of course not to old dead Abe, how could that be, but to the free Hebrews with Moses and us, and even YOU..
IOW the ten commandments etc are just man-made and changed as society changed.
Which is why we no longer command the termination of pregnancies of adulteresses as commanded in Leviticus 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-27.

J regia

Ok. If we follow your logic, the words that are in this book on fluid mechanics are not evidence that fluids exist either.

Nor are the words in this calculus textbook evidence that motion exists.

Contrary to the claims made in the books.
So what relevance is any of that to whether or not a god wants to drop around for a beer and a chat with me?

SteveB

So what relevance is any of that to whether or not a god wants to drop around for a beer and a chat with me?
You're the one who stated that it's just words in a book and they're not proof of God's existence.

So, I'm giving you the opportunity to engage and demonstrate that you're right.
Those texts are college level math and engineering courses, so you should have no problem whatsoever with working through them.
Let me know when you finish.

SteveB

Which is why we no longer command the termination of pregnancies of adulteresses as commanded in Leviticus 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-27.
Well this is interesting...

Since you responded to yourself, I'd love to read your response to yourself's question.

Please proceed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210714-140159_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-140159_Samsung Internet.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 1

J regia

You're the one who stated that it's just words in a book and they're not proof of God's existence.

So, I'm giving you the opportunity to engage and demonstrate that you're right.
Those texts are college level math and engineering courses, so you should have no problem whatsoever with working through them.
Let me know when you finish.
So where do those books provide any evidence that a god is going to drop by for a beer and a chat?

J regia

Well this is interesting...

Since you responded to yourself, I'd love to read your response to yourself's question.

Please proceed.
Still doesn't change the fact that the ten commandments etc are obviously just man-made since they didn't apply to Abraham et al or their ancestors.

rossh

Which is why we no longer command the termination of pregnancies of adulteresses as commanded in Leviticus 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-27.m
Look it is very easy, The Ten Commandments ( the 10 on the 2 Tablets ) are each a Commandments, which are expounded/explained in full by Ordinances.. The Talmud tells us (Tractate Makkot 23b) that there are 613 commandments (mitzvot) in the Torah; 248 Positive Commandments (do's) and 365 Negative Commandments (do not's).

SteveB

Still doesn't change the fact that the ten commandments etc are obviously just man-made since they didn't apply to Abraham et al or their ancestors.
I'm waiting for you to answer yourself and explain yourself to yourself so we can observe you in action.

J regia

Look it is very easy, The Ten Commandments ( the 10 on the 2 Tablets ) are each a Commandments, which are expounded/explained in full by Ordinances.. The Talmud tells us (Tractate Makkot 23b) that there are 613 commandments (mitzvot) in the Torah; 248 Positive Commandments (do's) and 365 Negative Commandments (do not's).
IOW the ten commandments etc are just man-made since they didn't apply to Abraham or his ancestors.