Question for Everyone: The Atheist's "Burden of Refutation"

rossh

Wrong. I answered the question.

And 'sic' still does not mean what you think it means. In your post it makes no sense.
You mean, that " you answered the question wrong "...
Here are some happy verses..

2 So then, you, my son, be empowered by the grace that comes from the Messiah Yeshua. 2 And the things you heard from me, which were supported by many witnesses, these things commit to faithful people, such as will be competent to teach others also. 3 Accept your share in suffering disgrace as a good soldier of the Messiah Yeshua. 4 No soldier on duty gets involved with civilian affairs, since he has to please his commanding officer. 5 Also an athlete can’t win a contest unless he competes according to the rules. 6 The farmer who has done the hard work should be the first to receive a share of the harvest. 7 Think about what I am saying, for the Lord will enable you to understand everything.

8 Remember Yeshua the Messiah, who was raised from the dead, who was a descendant of David. This is the Good News I proclaim, 9 and for which I am suffering to the point of being bound in chains — but the Word of God is not bound in chains! 10 Why do I persevere through it all? For the sake of those who have been chosen, so that they too may obtain the deliverance that comes through the Messiah Yeshua, with eternal glory. 11 Here is a statement you can trust:

If we have died with him,
we will also live with him.
12 If we persevere,
we will also rule with him
If we disown him,
he will also disown us.
13 If we are faithless,
he remains faithful,
for he cannot disown himself.

Amen!

Electric Skeptic

Not really trying at all, no need actually..

Rev 13: 16And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark—the name of the beast or the number of its name.…

I do not live in the USA but I know that here, now because of COVID I have use my Mobile phone to " check-in " when going into a SHOP to buy food and clothing and or any other essential items ? Same at Servos when we have to pay and or every shop where we need to buy or sell ?
Seems to me that everyone great and or small has a MOBILE phone these days. These are help in the hand and have a " chip " inside them so as to make them/each work and to each be specifically identifiable.
Yeah, I've heard any number of claims as to what the mark of the beast is or is going to be.
So why do you bother to chat a religious website if you do not like to be reached to ?
I'm quite happy to be reached to if I ask for it. I do not like to be preached to. Big difference.
May I guess?? that it is because YOU alone want to do the " preaching " of YOUR word and/but not about Gods Word ?
Oops, bad guess.
No need to point your errors out, you have just admitted to making errors, so now that we are both ordinary human beings who make mistakes all of the time. This is why we all need the One True God... The sun shines on all good and bad, high and low...
I make many mistakes and you yourself have just admitted the same but then claim/say that I have not pointed them out... seriously ??
Yes, you haven't pointed them out. Seriously. You implied I'd made one in our discussion yet have failed to point it out. Seriously.

Electric Skeptic

You mean, that " you answered the question wrong "...
No, I mean what I said - that you were wrong, as I had answered the question. Back in post #756.
Here are some happy verses..

2 So then, you, my son, be empowered by the grace that comes from the Messiah Yeshua. 2 And the things you heard from me, which were supported by many witnesses, these things commit to faithful people, such as will be competent to teach others also. 3 Accept your share in suffering disgrace as a good soldier of the Messiah Yeshua. 4 No soldier on duty gets involved with civilian affairs, since he has to please his commanding officer. 5 Also an athlete can’t win a contest unless he competes according to the rules. 6 The farmer who has done the hard work should be the first to receive a share of the harvest. 7 Think about what I am saying, for the Lord will enable you to understand everything.

8 Remember Yeshua the Messiah, who was raised from the dead, who was a descendant of David. This is the Good News I proclaim, 9 and for which I am suffering to the point of being bound in chains — but the Word of God is not bound in chains! 10 Why do I persevere through it all? For the sake of those who have been chosen, so that they too may obtain the deliverance that comes through the Messiah Yeshua, with eternal glory. 11 Here is a statement you can trust:

If we have died with him,
we will also live with him.
12 If we persevere,
we will also rule with him
If we disown him,
he will also disown us.
13 If we are faithless,
he remains faithful,
for he cannot disown himself.

Amen!
Still not interested in preaching.

rossh

What did I say that you do not believe? Could you try answering what I asked?
well my reply was to YOUR post,, and, all that was in it, surly that is not difficult to comprehend.. and as there was NO scriptures why do we need to believe anyone who comes here " preaching " their atheism and or cultishness ?
Why do you NOT believe in God ?

Nouveau

well my reply was to YOUR post,, and, all that was in it, surly that is not difficult to comprehend.. and as there was NO scriptures why do we need to believe anyone who comes here " preaching " their atheism and or cultishness ?
Why do you NOT believe in God ?
I don't believe in God due to the lack of evidence for his existence. Could you please at least try to answer what I asked? Again...

Do you really think it's rational to believe things without good evidence?

And what did I say that you do not believe?

rossh

I don't believe in God due to the lack of evidence for his existence. Could you please at least try to answer what I asked? Again...

I will answer but so far all you have posted is your suppositions ? It is your adult choice to not believe in the one True God, as you already know that there many so called " gods ",, money being the prime one.
How do you explain the trillions of galaxies and the minute building blocks of the Universe and atoms and quarks etc; ? How about life itself how did life start ? We know very well what death is so, how di LIFE start ?
Do you honestly thins and believe that this is as good as it will ever get ? Life as it it on earth at this day and age, seriously ?
How large is the Universe AND HOW DID IT COME TO BE IN EXISTANCE ???
What people do not like is on the thought of God, it is that God is pure, Good and Holy and in that, very much unlike us human beings. So, therefore, many try to get some comfort in denying that there is such a Pure and Holy and Wise and Powerful Being in existence for that puts all is us to great shame. Before you say anything on that, YES! I am a sinner and not perfect at all..

So,, if and when you can pin-point the exact start and end of the Universe, then I will believe you ?

Nouveau

I will answer but so far all you have posted is your suppositions ? It is your adult choice to not believe in the one True God, as you already know that there many so called " gods ",, money being the prime one.
How do you explain the trillions of galaxies and the minute building blocks of the Universe and atoms and quarks etc; ? How about life itself how did life start ? We know very well what death is so, how di LIFE start ?
Do you honestly thins and believe that this is as good as it will ever get ? Life as it it on earth at this day and age, seriously ?
How large is the Universe AND HOW DID IT COME TO BE IN EXISTANCE ???
What people do not like is on the thought of God, it is that God is pure, Good and Holy and in that, very much unlike us human beings. So, therefore, many try to get some comfort in denying that there is such a Pure and Holy and Wise and Powerful Being in existence for that puts all is us to great shame. Before you say anything on that, YES! I am a sinner and not perfect at all..

So,, if and when you can pin-point the exact start and end of the Universe, then I will believe you ?
You haven't answered what I asked at all. You've just asked a bunch of questions of your own.
Please try again. Answer my two questions then I'll answer yours.

rossh

You haven't answered what I asked at all. You've just asked a bunch of questions of your own.

soooo, what on this earth IS your question then, ask it and I will then answer ?
No it is not rational to truly believe things that without evidence, why do you ask ?
It is called Faith.... if this what you are dodging about with ?

Nouveau

soooo, what on this earth IS your question then, ask it and I will then answer?
The two bits ending in question marks in the post you just replied to.

No it is not rational to truly believe things that without evidence, why do you ask?
I ask because when I said this before, you replied that that was just my supposition so only I had to deal with it. But it seems you actually agree with what I said, so that was a very odd and unnecessarily hostile response.

It is called Faith.... if this what you are dodging about with?
I'm not dodging, and I note you didn't answer the second of my questions. You said you don't believe me, so I'm trying to find out specifically what I said that you don't believe.

rossh

The two bits ending in question marks in the post you just replied to.

I ask because when I said this before, you replied that that was just my supposition so only I had to deal with it. But it seems you actually agree with what I said, so that was a very odd and unnecessarily hostile response.

I'm not dodging, and I note you didn't answer the second of my questions. You said you don't believe me, so I'm trying to find out specifically what I said that you don't believe.
well anyway, onward Christian soldiers.. I said that I did not believe you because you quoted NO scripture concerning your teaching/s.. We/you can state what ever, but if you do not prove it with Scripture/s then why should we believe your suppositions ?
So tell me, just how many questions are you asking me now ?

rossh

well if you can be bothered putting all your questions in this post that I am now replying to, then you show no interest in them at all about them being answered.

rossh

I answered that already and I do see very good evidence of there being One True God.. and so I do believe.. Maybe you no doubt believe in mankind ? have you seen mankind lately and from the past, wars, wars and yes you guessed right, more wars, death and destruction..

rossh

Yeah, I've heard any number of claims as to what the mark of the beast is or is going to be.

I'm quite happy to be reached to if I ask for it. I do not like to be preached to. Big difference.

Oops, bad guess.

Yes, you haven't pointed them out. Seriously. You implied I'd made one in our discussion yet have failed to point it out. Seriously.
No,, no implications, just your suppositions... ( again )..

Nouveau

well anyway, onward Christian soldiers.. I said that I did not believe you because you quoted NO scripture concerning your teaching/s.. We/you can state what ever, but if you do not prove it with Scripture/s then why should we believe your suppositions ?
So tell me, just how many questions are you asking me now ?
What did I say that you do not believe? What teachings or suppositions are you talking about?

Nouveau

well if you can be bothered putting all your questions in this post that I am now replying to, then you show no interest in them at all about them being answered.
This makes no sense. I did put my questions in the post you were replying to, and I am very much interested in having them answered.

I answered that already...
You answered the first one (after I posted what you were here replying to). But you didn't answer the second question.