Question for Everyone: The Atheist's "Burden of Refutation"

rossh

This makes no sense. I did put my questions in the post you were replying to, and I am very much interested in having them answered.

You answered the first one (after I posted what you were here replying to). But you didn't answer the second question.
Put al of your questions in each post, I sure am not going to go back looking for them.. It is not hard if you are interested in finding out something, and you can surly ask several others here . Here is what you can do,

Q. 1 blah blah blah ?
Q. 2 same same same
Q. 3 ? ? ? ? ?
and so on and so on, etc;
God Bless you all ..

Nouveau

Put al of your questions in each post, I sure am not going to go back looking for them.. It is not hard if you are interested in finding out something, and you can surly ask several others here . Here is what you can do,

Q. 1 blah blah blah ?
Q. 2 same same same
Q. 3 ? ? ? ? ?
and so on and so on, etc;
God Bless you all ..
Faith is not believing in issues/things that are seen and or known but those teachings that are not seen.
I did put my two questions in a single post for you to answer. It didn't seem to help. You answered one of them, but the second one remains unanswered - and it's the same question you just replied to above, again without actually answering.

This is very simple. You said you don't believe me because I didn't use scripture. I'm asking you to tell me me specifically what I said that you don't believe, so that I can support the point and give you a reason to believe me. Can you do that please?

Here's the original context, if that helps:

N: If your strong belief and complete trust/confidence isn't based on actual evidence, then it isn't rational.
R: This/that is simply YOUR supposition and ergo, only YOU have to deal with that.
N: Do you really think it's rational to believe things without good evidence?
R: Well, I do not believe you, so, start with that observation.
N: What did I say that you do not believe?

Last edited:

rossh

I did put my two questions in a single post for you to answer. It didn't seem to help. You answered one of them, but the second one remains unanswered - and it's the same question you just replied to above, again without actually answering.

This is very simple. You said you don't believe me because I didn't use scripture. I'm asking you to tell me me specifically what I said that you don't believe, so that I can support the point and give you a reason to believe me. Can you do that please?

Here's the original context, if that helps:

N: If your strong belief and complete trust/confidence isn't based on actual evidence, then it isn't rational.
R: This/that is simply YOUR supposition and ergo, only YOU have to deal with that.
N: Do you really think it's rational to believe things without good evidence?
R: Well, I do not believe you, so, start with that observation.
N: What did I say that you do not believe?
, well ? here's a thought, go back and look at your post again. Surly you can still remember your own words/teachings ? I have cast it away and moved on to several other posters...I'm asking you to tell me me specifically what I said that you don't believe.. I think it is everything that you say ? No offence intended.. 2 Cor 11:13 - 15 ? 2 Pe 2: 1 - 3.. ?

Nouveau

, well ? here's a thought, go back and look at your post again. Surly you can still remember your own words/teachings ? I have cast it away and moved on to several other posters...I'm asking you to tell me me specifically what I said that you don't believe.. I think it is everything that you say ? No offence intended.. 2 Cor 11:13 - 15 ? 2 Pe 2: 1 - 3.. ?
Can you please just answer the question? Give me an example of something I've said that you don't believe.

rossh

Well, I just lost a lot of respect for you. Sorry to have wasted your time expecting any reasonable dialogue.
yes I understand completely, more that you assume. I usually never forget a face nor a valid and worthwhile question and such the like.. Sorry for wasting your efforts.

rossh

That
Well, I just lost a lot of respect for you. Sorry to have wasted your time expecting any reasonable dialogue.
That is quite alright, believe me, it was pleasure to be of assistance. Is there any other questions that you may have that you need help with ?

Nouveau

That is quite alright, believe me, it was pleasure to be of assistance. Is there any other questions that you may have that you need help with?
No, you've finally answered both questions I was asking you. You've agreed with that it isn't rational to believe in things without evidence, and you've admitted you can't find anything I've said that you actually disagree with. I would hope that you might learn from this exchange not to respond hostilely to a statement you agree with, and not to say you disagree with someone when you don't. Is there anything else you wanted to ask me?

Bob1

I acknowledge that you claim this is the case.

I further observe that you don't actually describe who "your deity" applied to me actually is.

I acknowledge further still that you don't actually describe what the process used to seek "your deity" applied to me has been for those other people whom you apply a blanket statement to.

So, as YHVH has explicitly stated that "in the day we seek" him "with a whole heart" he "will be found by" us, and he then states-- "I will give you a heart to know me" my questions start growing in complexity from your blanket statement.
Steve, LOTS of people have asked you for the specific process to know the deity of the bible. You never give anything but vague answers.

Bob1

Those communists who committed those atrocities explicitly because they were atheists.

So, you're going to have to take it up with them.

You are indeed entitled to your opinions, but as you're not actually giving me anything to make a comparison to, it's JUST YOUR OPINION.

You're the one who keeps saying that atheism isn't to blame for the slaughter of over 200 million people in the 20th century and early 21st century.

So, it's pretty clear that you're the one who is justifying violence against humanity by your beliefs.
No, they didn't. You have yet to demonstrate that they did.

So then, your remarks about despots committing despotic acts because of atheism are JUST YOUR OPINION.

Because atheism isn't to blame. The same can't be said for religion.

rossh

No, they didn't. You have yet to demonstrate that they did.

So then, your remarks about despots committing despotic acts because of atheism are JUST YOUR OPINION.

Because atheism isn't to blame. The same can't be said for religion.
Each and everyone of us are to blame for what ever we each do, regardless, especially if we are " following " something or someone or what ever.

rossh

No, you've finally answered both questions I was asking you. You've agreed with that it isn't rational to believe in things without evidence, and you've admitted you can't find anything I've said that you actually disagree with. I would hope that you might learn from this exchange not to respond hostilely to a statement you agree with, and not to say you disagree with someone when you don't. Is there anything else you wanted to ask me?
lol, what a load of untruths, seriously ? I do how ever, believe that your comments and observations are simply figments of your imagination. Please prove that there is NO God....

Whatsisface

lol, what a load of untruths, seriously ? I do how ever, believe that your comments and observations are simply figments of your imagination. Please prove that there is NO God...
Why do you ask? I don't think anyone can disprove god, but does that mean He exists because of it? We should believe things true when we have evidence for said thing, not when we have no evidence against. No being able to disprove God is a no evidence against position.

rossh

Yep, several questions...

rossh

Why do you ask? I don't think anyone can disprove god, but does that mean He exists because of it? We should believe things true when we have evidence for said thing, not when we have no evidence against. No being able to disprove God is a no evidence against position.
Well, seeing as how that you are the one who is telling us the " story ", so, you tell us!!