Question for Everyone: The Atheist's "Burden of Refutation"

rossh

May the FSM forever sauce your pasta.
Good one. But,, stop trying to surrender, we do not take prisoners around here.
Ps 103:
103 (0) By David:
(1) Bless Adonai, my soul!
Everything in me, bless his holy name!
2 Bless Adonai, my soul,
and forget none of his benefits!
3 He forgives all your offenses,
he heals all your diseases,
4 he redeems your life from the pit,
he surrounds you with grace and compassion,
5 he contents you with good as long as you live,
so that your youth is renewed like an eagle’s.
6 Adonai brings vindication and justice
to all who are oppressed.
7 He made his ways known to Moshe,
his mighty deeds to the people of Isra’el.
8 Adonai is merciful and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in grace.
9 He will not always accuse,
he will not keep his anger forever.
10 He has not treated us as our sins deserve
or paid us back for our offenses,
11 because his mercy toward those who fear him
is as far above earth as heaven.

Bob1

Each and everyone of us are to blame for what ever we each do, regardless, especially if we are " following " something or someone or what ever.
Sure, but ideologies can steer people to do things... sometimes terrible things.

Whatsisface

Of course.. and why not...
It would seem that your point is actually pointless but,, I am sure that you mean well and all..
But, you didn't say why it's pointless, you've just asserted it. I made the point in response to you saying...." Please prove that there is NO God..."

....that you said as if it means something if you can't. My point was that even if you can't disprove God, that has no bearing on whether God exists or not and I gave my reasons for thinking it.

Your offhand dismissal here doesn't deal with the point.

rossh

Sure, but ideologies can steer people to do things... sometimes terrible things.
Yes, the first instance is in the Garden.. The problem is that, each of us are going to be held up to answer for our own actions and deeds etc;. On that day there will be no " finger pointing ",,
Gen 3:12 The man replied, “The woman you gave to be with me — she gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate.” 13 Adonai, God, said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman answered, “The serpent tricked me, so I ate.” ..

rossh

Your every post makes less sense than the last. Until/unless you start to post something intelligible, goodbye.
You do sound like a very bad loser and as an atheist you have not proved your claims, have you ? Bad mouthing others seems to be your forte but I do not mind it is expected...

1 Cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom,

23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

Nouveau

God only knows... It is not up to me.
Yes, actually it is. If you're going to go around accusing people of not supporting their claims then it is ENTIRELY UP TO YOU to support your own accusation by identifying a claim made that was not supported.

rossh

Yes, actually it is. If you're going to go around accusing people of not supporting their claims then it is ENTIRELY UP TO YOU to support your own accusation by identifying a claim made that was not supported.
When and where have I ever accused you of anything ? I have said that, any one who makes claims about, or concerning Scriptures, need to Quote the relevant passage/s to prove their suppositions and or claims ..
This is NOT a one way street here..

rossh

But, you didn't say why it's pointless, you've just asserted it. I made the point in response to you saying...." Please prove that there is NO God..."

....that you said as if it means something if you can't. My point was that even if you can't disprove God, that has no bearing on whether God exists or not and I gave my reasons for thinking it.

Your offhand dismissal here doesn't deal with the point.
No, look get it right I said " it seems "...

rossh

You have not answered the question.. why not ?

rossh

Your every post makes less sense than the last. Until/unless you start to post something intelligible, goodbye.
So what of it ? If you have a problem understanding, pray to the Lord for His help ? OR, just simply ask me to restate and or to reword the specific post.. Too easy..

Nouveau

When and where have I ever accused you of anything?
You accused ES of not supporting his claims, and then refused to tell us what claims he's made that he hasn't supported.

This was exactly like how you said you don't believe me, but then refused to say what I've said that you don't believe.

rossh

You accused ES of not supporting his claims, and then refused to tell us what claims he's made that he hasn't supported.

This was exactly like how you said you don't believe me, but then refused to say what I've said that you don't believe.
ES ?