Question for Trins concerning Zechariah 12:10?

Yahweh will increase

Zechariah 12:10

10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on ME, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for HIM as one grieves for a firstborn son.

In the above, who is the "ME" who is speaking?

a The Father

B The Son

C The Holy Spirit

D The Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Now also, who is the HIM being spoken of in the passage?

a The Father,

b The Son

c The Holy Spirit

d The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit

Now then, who was actually pierced?

a The Father

b The Son

c The Holy Spirit

Pathetic.

You ask about to whom a pronoun is in reference to, but you won't respond to these.

Pathetic.

You ask about to whom a pronoun is in reference to, but you won't respond to these.
Not hardly, for my questions prove that you are in grave error in your interpretation of this passage, unless of course you believe that all three of your Trinity persons were physically pierced.

Therefore what is truly pathetic, is your false doctrine on this passage of scripture and which my questions will prove unto anyhow who is going to be truly honest with them.

So then, go right ahead and reveal your folly even further by making even more of your arguments concerning it Fred

...that you are inconsistent.
OK, I can afford to wait on God until the end of the age when he reveals the secrets of every heart and all mouths are stopped and will give an account to him of their false teachings and heresies.

This is why I can be totally relaxed and at peace with God and myself while in your frustration you continue to sling all of your false accusations at me, for none of them are going to hold up or stand at the judgment.

For there is nothing at all inconsistent in anything I have stated in either of my Threads and it will be proven to all soon enough, but it is you who are inconsistent and Jesus' words in John 17:3 will be your judge on that day and will be proven unto all men beyond any shadow of a doubt also.

Last edited:

That post simply says this...

They are not the same person. One speaks to another (2 Samuel 24:16; cf. 1 Chronicles 21:27).

Exactly how does that refute my belief that...

"GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father."

I believe GOD in the universe as a human can speak to eternal GOD.

However...

It does seem that your inability to answer the SIMPLE questions of this thread could cast doubt on the validity of YOUR view. :)

That post simply says this...

Exactly how does that refute my belief that...

"GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father."
Because 2 Samuel 24:16 refutes your heresy in which you affirmed, "I believe YHWH on earth and YHWH in Heaven are the SAME PERSON."

Your heresy that you embrace will have terrible consequences for you and it will be too late at the time you speak of.
That is why it has stopped you from really being able to refute what I have shown you.

Nevertheless, if I were you, I would be very careful about what you are accusing me of dude, for there is absolutely nothing in your belief system for you to be getting cocky about.

Because 2 Samuel 24:16 refutes your heresy in which you affirmed, "I believe YHWH on earth and YHWH in Heaven are the SAME PERSON."

2 Samuel 24:16... And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, YHWH repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of YHWH was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.

YHWH is omnipresent. So how exactly does that make YHWH more than one Person?

Also...

Could you please provide your definition for the word “person”.

2 Samuel 24:16... And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, YHWH repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of YHWH was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.

YHWH is omnipresent. So how exactly does that make YHWH more than one Person?

Because the Messenger of YHWH is the proper recipient of worship which proves He is YHWH.

2 Samuel 24:16 demonstrates this Messenger (YHWH) and YHWH that spoke to Him from heaven are not the same Person.

Zechariah 12:10

10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on ME, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for HIM as one grieves for a firstborn son.

a The Father

B The Son

C The Holy Spirit

D The Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Now also, who is the HIM being spoken of in the passage?

a The Father,

b The Son

c The Holy Spirit

Now then, who was actually pierced?

a The Father

b The Son

c The Holy Spirit

God is Jesus. God is Holy Spirit.
Hear O Israel our God our God is one.

God is Jesus. God is Holy Spirit.
Hear O Israel our God our God is one.
No he isn't Jesus, he is Holy Spirit but he isn't Jesus and Jesus isn't God and the fact remains, that being the Father is speaking Zechariah 12:10 and the Father was never made flesh to be literally pierced, and the Father is speaking of another (Jesus) that they will mourn for, this scripture does not prove a Trinity God in any way shape or form.

What it does proves is that The Father's heart was pierced with grief when his Son had to be pierced to pay for our sins and just like Mary's heart was also pierced through with grief over the death of Jesus likewise.

Luke 2:34-35

34 Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”

The above proves that words in the scripture don't always have a completely literal meaning and therefore it is possible for the Father to be pierced spiritually speaking within his heart by the piercing of his Son and which is obviously what Zechariah 12:10 is revealing.

The one telling the other to relax your hand means the one speaking is not the one being told.

“Not the one” could just as easily mean “not the being” as it could “not the person” depending on the definition of “a being” and “a person”.

So...

What is YOUR definition for “a person”?

Back