RC altar burned in Pearl River Louisiana

Southsider071

A Catholic priest, Travis Clark, was arrested, charged and convicted of fornicating with prostitutes on the altar of St Peter and Paul church. The criminal violation was due to the fact that apparently passers-by could see the incident.

The question I have is why did the RCC order the altar "burned" after the event? Why not just clean it off? Are RC altars laminated with formica, is there a problem with cleaning up the facilities when things like this happen?

Southsider071 said:
A Catholic priest, Travis Clark, was arrested, charged and convicted of fornicating with prostitutes on the altar of St Peter and Paul church. The criminal violation was due to the fact that apparently passers-by could see the incident.

The question I have is why did the RCC order the altar "burned" after the event? Why not just clean it off? Are RC altars laminated with formica, is there a problem with cleaning up the facilities when things like this happen?

I'm sure others will weigh in, but for now, I'll bite. Has to do with the object having spiritual qualities about it that to the rcc, the object is sacred. In this sense and speaking, the object is spiritually contaminated because it was used for the wrong purpose. It can't be cleaned with soap and water in this sense so to speak.

In the OT burning was meant to be a total destruction of desecrated things. Nothing impure was to remain. Much of roman catholicism mirror's the beliefs of the judaizers in the time of the NT era.

I'm sure others will weigh in, but for now, I'll bite. Has to do with the object having spiritual qualities about it that to the rcc, the object is sacred. In this sense and speaking, the object is spiritually contaminated because it was used for the wrong purpose. It can't be cleaned with soap and water in this sense so to speak.

In the OT burning was meant to be a total destruction of desecrated things. Nothing impure was to remain. Much of roman catholicism mirror's the beliefs of the judaizers in the time of the NT era.
Purging by fire is not just an OT thing. For example 2 Peter 3 describes Gods use of fire to destroy godless things.

Purging by fire is not just an OT thing. For example 2 Peter 3 describes Gods use of fire to destroy godless things.

You do realize the invention of t.v.'s ,computers and cell phones were not invented with God in mind. And used by people who do not even believe God exists for godless activities as well as good and wholesome activities. So has God used fire to destroy them, because they are indeed godless things.

There is no shortage of abuse by some people when using them. No one has been struck by lightening or been mysteriously set on fire because these things are godless or being used in godless ways.

Right now, God is extending His grace to all who will accept it through faith and trust His son Jesus completely for salvation. 2 Peter is speaking of a day, when the time for getting into God's kingdom will come to an abrupt end. On that day, the world will end NOT with a bang, but a whimper.

The first judgment God brought onto the world. He did so with a flood. There will be another day of judgment just like it, but NOT with water, but with fire, and this is what 2 Peter 3 is speaking about... is the coming judgment.

Back