RCC seals

balshan

RCs receive seals at baptism, ordination etc. We were told these cannot be removed. If one of these sealed RCs go to hell do the still have these so called seals.

From Catholic education:

The final and most mysterious effect of Baptism is to receive a permanent, irremovable character or seal. Baptism imparts a likeness to Christ, especially to Christ the priest. The seal will remain throughout our lives on earth and into the endless reaches of eternity. The baptismal character grafts a person into Christ the

Vine so that all the baptized share in a unique way in the graces of Christs humanity. As a result, Jesus Christ has a claim on the baptized that no one else enjoys; and they have a claim on Him that no one else on earth can share.

The baptismal character is permanent because it is timeless; it is indelible because nothing, not even the loss of faith can remove it. Therefore a baptized person always remains a Christian. Why? Because the baptismal seal confers a permanent relationship with Christ.

Reactions: Ric
Arn't these Roman Catholic "seals" like pieces to a jigsaw puzzle and the Roman Catholic must add to them in his/ her lifetime in order to complete the overall spiritual picture.
Now, if he/ she does not have them all at the time of death, it's dubious as to where their soul goes if they haven't recieved all the "seals" necessary to complete the spiritual picture that was required of them.

Arn't these Roman Catholic "seals" like pieces to a jigsaw puzzle and the Roman Catholic must add to them in his/ her lifetime in order to complete the overall spiritual picture.
Now, if he/ she does not have them all at the time of death, it's dubious as to where their soul goes if they haven't recieved all the "seals" necessary to complete the spiritual picture that was required of them.
I think there is only 3 but I might be wrong. One is being ordained so that would not apply to all RCs.

RCs receive seals at baptism, ordination etc. We were told these cannot be removed. If one of these sealed RCs go to hell do the still have these so called seals.

From Catholic education:

The final and most mysterious effect of Baptism is to receive a permanent, irremovable character or seal. Baptism imparts a likeness to Christ, especially to Christ the priest. The seal will remain throughout our lives on earth and into the endless reaches of eternity. The baptismal character grafts a person into Christ the

Vine so that all the baptized share in a unique way in the graces of Christs humanity. As a result, Jesus Christ has a claim on the baptized that no one else enjoys; and they have a claim on Him that no one else on earth can share.

The baptismal character is permanent because it is timeless; it is indelible because nothing, not even the loss of faith can remove it. Therefore a baptized person always remains a Christian. Why? Because the baptismal seal confers a permanent relationship with Christ.
Ya a catholic here told me a while back you can be in hell all the while bearing marks the Holy Spirit stamped on your forehead. Thats nonsense however since as a child of God we wouldn't be in hell but heaven. Why would God have marks bore by alleged believers among those in hell? Its like God failed. But Jesus loses none that are His.

Ya a catholic here told me a while back you can be in hell all the while bearing marks the Holy Spirit stamped on your forehead. Thats nonsense however since as a child of God we wouldn't be in hell but heaven. Why would God have marks bore by alleged believers among those in hell? Its like God failed. But Jesus loses none that are His.
Eph 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

From Catholic education:

Baptism gives an indelible mark. If a Baptist, for example, were to become a Catholic, they wouldn't be re-baptized.

Starting you have no clue what the cc teaches IS addressing the op.
I certainly do know unlike yourself I was taught the doctrines at school, I was taught the catechism as well. You have failed to show where I was wrong but that is no surprise at all. RCs constantly attack others but produce no evidence of their false claims. They follow their leaders they make false claims and so do their followers.

I certainly do know unlike yourself I was taught the doctrines at school, I was taught the catechism as well. You have failed to show where I was wrong but that is no surprise at all. RCs constantly attack others but produce no evidence of their false claims. They follow their leaders they make false claims and so do their followers.

You were not taught what you posted.

How did my response avoid the op?
You never answer the questions that come up from the passage that is posted by Catholic education it is in italics. I was taught about the seal of baptism, you weren't? You were poorly taught. We were also taught they could not be removed. You keep claiming it is a false teaching and you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

What was posted in the op, is from the catechism:

The sacramental bond of the unity of Christians

Baptism constitutes the foundation of communion among all Christians, including those who are not yet in full communion with the Catholic Church: "For men who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in some, though imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church. Justified by faith in Baptism, [they] are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers by the children of the Catholic Church."81 "Baptism therefore constitutes the sacramental bond of unity existing among all who through it are reborn."82

An indelible spiritual mark . . .

1272 Incorporated into Christ by Baptism, the person baptized is configured to Christ. Baptism seals the Christian with the indelible spiritual mark (character) of his belonging to Christ. No sin can erase this mark, even if sin prevents Baptism from bearing the fruits of salvation. Given once for all, Baptism cannot be repeated.

1273 Incorporated into the Church by Baptism, the faithful have received the sacramental character that consecrates them for Christian religious worship. The baptismal seal enables and commits Christians to serve God by a vital participation in the holy liturgy of the Church and to exercise their baptismal priesthood by the witness of holy lives and practical charity.

1274 The Holy Spirit has marked us with the seal of the Lord ("Dominicus character") "for the day of redemption."86 "Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life."

I was taught this seal could not be removed. There are other seals. Your complaints about me are really with your own catechism and catholic education, another RC who doesn't know what it says.

It appears that the poster blessings is bearing false witness what I posted was from Catholic education. I have followed up with what is stated in the catechism.

RCs on here have agreed seals cannot be removed.

My op had 3 sentences from me that blessings claims I have it wrong, I wasn't taught etc. These are the three sentences, now that poster should prove what they claim is wrong in them.

RCs receive seals - answer is yes. We are told they cannot be removed - answer yes.

If one of these sealed RCs go to hell do the still have these so called seals. Is more of a question and I should have used the question mark.

The rest of my post was Catholic education is the poster saying that what they teach is false.

You never answer the questions that come up from the passage that is posted by Catholic education it is in italics. I was taught about the seal of baptism, you weren't? You were poorly taught. We were also taught they could not be removed. You keep claiming it is a false teaching and you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

What was posted in the op, is from the catechism:

The sacramental bond of the unity of Christians

Baptism constitutes the foundation of communion among all Christians, including those who are not yet in full communion with the Catholic Church: "For men who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in some, though imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church. Justified by faith in Baptism, [they] are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers by the children of the Catholic Church."81 "Baptism therefore constitutes the sacramental bond of unity existing among all who through it are reborn."82

An indelible spiritual mark . . .

1272 Incorporated into Christ by Baptism, the person baptized is configured to Christ. Baptism seals the Christian with the indelible spiritual mark (character) of his belonging to Christ. No sin can erase this mark, even if sin prevents Baptism from bearing the fruits of salvation. Given once for all, Baptism cannot be repeated.

1273 Incorporated into the Church by Baptism, the faithful have received the sacramental character that consecrates them for Christian religious worship. The baptismal seal enables and commits Christians to serve God by a vital participation in the holy liturgy of the Church and to exercise their baptismal priesthood by the witness of holy lives and practical charity.

1274 The Holy Spirit has marked us with the seal of the Lord ("Dominicus character") "for the day of redemption."86 "Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life."

I was taught this seal could not be removed. There are other seals. Your complaints about me are really with your own catechism and catholic education, another RC who doesn't know what it says.
I never said that the seal could be removed.

The only Seal I ever heard or read of in scripture is the Holy Spirit. By Whom we are sealed, as a down payment and assurance of our salvation on the day of redemption. But leave it to the romanist religion to "one up" God. Are these rcc seals sort of like S&H green stamps that can be redeemed at a later date?

Back