Recent read

SteveB

I'm presently reading a SOMEWHAT technical book.
It's written by a PhD named- Nathaniel Jeanson.

Traced-Human DNA's Big Surprise.

He'd done a 25-video series on it a while back (a friend told me about it), I watched it, and was curious, so upon learning about the book, I bought a kindle version.
I really am enjoying this book.
He's taken the DNA "genealogy" studies which have been done, and delved into it further, from an academic's research perspective.
It's a 460+ page text, and I'm at page 360.

The reason I'm reading it is because between a DNA test done on me 14 years ago, due to having met family from my grandfather's cousins (there was a disconnect in our family back in the mid 1890's), in the mid 1980's, and my wife's recent 23-and-Me test, with the wildly divergent results, from perceived anticipated results, it really lit my curiosity.

I'm enjoying the book.

I'll be honest here and say--- the 25 videos, while a lengthy overall watch, will help determine if you really want to read the book.
Here's the first video.

I'm presently reading a SOMEWHAT technical book.
It's written by a PhD named- Nathaniel Jeanson.

Traced-Human DNA's Big Surprise.

He'd done a 25-video series on it a while back (a friend told me about it), I watched it, and was curious, so upon learning about the book, I bought a kindle version.
I really am enjoying this book.
He's taken the DNA "genealogy" studies which have been done, and delved into it further, from an academic's research perspective.
It's a 460+ page text, and I'm at page 360.

The reason I'm reading it is because between a DNA test done on me 14 years ago, due to having met family from my grandfather's cousins (there was a disconnect in our family back in the mid 1890's), in the mid 1980's, and my wife's recent 23-and-Me test, with the wildly divergent results, from perceived anticipated results, it really lit my curiosity.

I'm enjoying the book.

I'll be honest here and say--- the 25 videos, while a lengthy overall watch, will help determine if you really want to read the book.
Here's the first video.

We were hoping my husband's would reveal who his grandfather might have been. But his matches have not done so. Mine was disappointing in a way because a lot of the british ancestry did not show up because the male lines were missing. But both showed up a small mix of unexpected areas that our ancestors came from. I now will tell any of my sister in laws that make a snide remarks due to my father being Italian that they have Spanish ancestry somewhere it their backgrounds.

I will watch the video when I am feeling a bit better. Thank you for the info.

Back