Reconciled to God while enemies !

Ladodgers6

regenerated before receiving Christ?
Given new life so that you can receive the life of Christ?
Where do you find these two types of life? One before Christ and one in Christ?
Covenant of Redemption
(Trinitarian Eternal Pact)
Writing in the 180s, Irenaus of Lyons described how the persons of the Trinity work together in salvation as “the Father planning everything well and giving his commands, the Son carrying these into execution and performing the work of creating, and the Spirit nourishing and increasing [what is made].” From planning, to accomplishing, to applying, the persons of the Godhead work inseparably according to the singular, divine will, to bring about redemption.

Sethproton

Yes, we must be be regenerated by the Holy Spirit, before receiving Christ!

Being born of the Spirit, is the New Life, Seth. It's like when Christ commanded Lazarus to come forth from the tomb. So when the Gospel is preached, his sheep hear his voice and come forth by the power of the Holy Spirit, bearing to the truth of the Gospel message!

It's all one Life Seth, not two. Do you believe in or understand the Covenant of Redemption?
I think you are in denial. The word regeneration means getting new life. Calvinist teach you are regenerated(given new life) in order to receive Christ who is our life.

Sethproton

Covenant of Redemption
(Trinitarian Eternal Pact)
Writing in the 180s, Irenaus of Lyons described how the persons of the Trinity work together in salvation as “the Father planning everything well and giving his commands, the Son carrying these into execution and performing the work of creating, and the Spirit nourishing and increasing [what is made].” From planning, to accomplishing, to applying, the persons of the Godhead work inseparably according to the singular, divine will, to bring about redemption.
Your response seems unrelated to my post you responded to. You did not speak of life in your quote.

Sethproton

la dodge

I agree with that, regeneration before faith

I agree with that !

Could you be more clear on this point ? Because you have stated that its clear that the elect are saved in Christ before the foundation of the world !
So you also agree there are two lives? Regneration means new life, and when we receive Christ we have new life. So you teach two new lives.

Ladodgers6

I think you are in denial. The word regeneration means getting new life. Calvinist teach you are regenerated(given new life) in order to receive Christ who is our life.
Instead of judging me on things you don't know. It would be a better approach to ask me what you don't understand, Seth. This is why I don't like having a conversation with you.

Sethproton

Instead of judging me on things you don't know. It would be a better approach to ask me what you don't understand, Seth. This is why I don't like having a conversation with you.
it was not a judgement of you as a person, it was a comment on what you are believing, but I do apologize that I offended you and i wish you would have instead addressed the ideas instead of been offended.

Theo1689

it was not a judgement of you as a person, it was a comment on what you are believing, but I do apologize that I offended you and i wish you would have instead addressed the ideas instead of been offended.

<sigh>

It's not your place to tell others (wrongly) what they believe.

The ironic thing is that I just read a post by you when you were complaining about a "straw-man" argument against you, but here you are doing the EXACT SAME THING to others.

Double standards much?

Sethproton

On contrary Seth, it does strike at the heart of your premise. You just can't see it.
So you should explain what you see. What good is it to claim what you are claiming but refuse to show any evidence? And of course I am going to respond and tell you what I see. As much as you seem to have a distaste for hearing the other side, why are you here if you do not want to be argued against?

Theo1689

As much as you seem to have a distaste for hearing the other side, why are you here if you do not want to be argued against?

You are constantly making unwise assumptions, Seth....

Which lead us to the reason I'm here, anyway...
I'm here to correct people like you when you misrepresent what Calvinism teaches, presumably because of your "unwise assumptions".

Maybe instead of ASSUMING what Calvinism teaches...
Maybe instead of ASSUMING that Calvinists allegedly "feel superior"....
Maybe instead of ASSUMING we allegedly "feel superior" due to allegedly being "in the group"....

Maybe...
Just maybe....

Maybe you should ASK us what we believe, feel, and think?
Or would that be too HONEST for you to bear?

Theo1689

Do these two statements contradict each other?

No, Seth, they don't.

I am unwise to presume Calvinists feel superior,

Since we DON'T "feel superior", then yes, it is unwise to proclaim the contrary with out a scintilla of evidence.

yet this one is here to correct me by virtue of his superior knowledge?

Wow, Seth... You're really reaching here... You're truly grasping at worthless straws.

First of all, the fact that you refuse to accept correction indicates YOU are the one with "superior knowledge". Do you see how that works? Do you see how easy is to throw your worthless insults back and forth at each other?

And yes, I have "superior" understanding of my own beliefs, opinions, and feelings.
Just like YOU have "superior" understanding of YOUR own beliefs, opinions, and feelings.

To call your argument ridiculous, would be an insult to those whose arguments are actually ridiculous.

Does anyone remember Lucy Brown from peanuts? She says. "It's not that I am bossy, it's just that my ideas are better."

What does that have to do with you making FALSE claims about what others "believe" and "feel"?

What is wrong with letting YOU speak on what YOU believe and feel,
and letting OTHERS speak on what THEY believe and feel?

Theo1689

I am unwise to presume Calvinists feel superior, yet this one is here to correct me by virtue of his superior knowledge?

Okay, so let's try to break this down, shall we?

1) Everyone here (including Seth) believes their theology is correct and "superior" to other theologies.

2) Everyone here (including Seth) is trying to "correct [others] by virtue of [their] superior knowledge".

3) Therefore, EVERYONE here (including Seth) is guilty of "feeling superior".

4) Yet Seth seems to think it is relevant to throw this accusation only towards "Calvinists", when the logic behind it includes EVERYONE equally.

Further, the specific issues under discussion here are NOT about which doctrines are objectively true, but when outsiders make false and self-serving derogatory claims about what their enemies "think" and "feel".

Does Seth know what Seth "thinks" and "feels"? Of course.
Do I know what Seth "thinks" and "feels"? Of course not. I'm not a mind reader.
Does this discrepancy make Seth "superior"? Of course not.

Do I know what I "think" and "feel"? Of course.
Does Seth know what I and other Calvinists "think" and "feel"? Of course not. He's not a mind reader.
Does this discrepancy make Calvinists "superior"? Of course not.

Stop the ad hominem, Seth, and try to address the THEOLOGY.

Ladodgers6

Seth did't I tell you I didn't want to have any conservation with you? You just like to troll, nothing more. And why are you in this forum anyway? This is for Calvinists & Arminians.

Sethproton

Seth did't I tell you I didn't want to have any conservation with you? You just like to troll, nothing more. And why are you in this forum anyway? This is for Calvinists & Arminians.
Very funny. You always talk until I present you a biblical issue you are unable to address, then you run away and pretend it was because i did something wrong.
You have repeated that pattern with me over and over.

brightfame52

Reconciled to God by Jesus Christ !

2 Cor 5:18

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

If we are reconciled to God, let it be clear, its because of God, for all things are of God ! He did it by Jesus Christ ! You know by nature we are at enmity against God with wicked minds as per Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Our minds naturally are alienated and estranged from God. However God through the Work of Christ for us, grants to us a new mind and heart that reconciles us to Himself. He by Christs gives us a change of mind, repentance, faith. The natural mind that has been estranged is subdued by Gods Grace and Spirit through Jesus Christ, Christ brings us to God , that's the experience of reconciliation. 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

newheart78

Reconciled to God by Jesus Christ !

2 Cor 5:18

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

If we are reconciled to God, let it be clear, its because of God, for all things are of God ! He did it by Jesus Christ ! You know by nature we are at enmity against God with wicked minds as per Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Our minds naturally are alienated and estranged from God. However God through the Work of Christ for us, grants to us a new mind and heart that reconciles us to Himself. He by Christs gives us a change of mind, repentance, faith. The natural mind that has been estranged is subdued by Gods Grace and Spirit through Jesus Christ, Christ brings us to God , that's the experience of reconciliation. 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
Amen Brother, as a blessed result of being reconciled to God by Christ's Death for all those He died for,
God does not ever charge or impute their sins to them. Hence, they are sinless in His Sight !