Recount in Wisconsin county demanded by Trump increases Biden's margin

Backup

ha ha ha ha ha

The denial of the inevitable is almost painful to watch.

“ A recount in Wisconsin’s largest county demanded by Republican President Donald Trump’s election campaign ended Friday with Democratic President-elect Joe Biden gaining votes.

After the recount in Milwaukee County, Biden had a net gain of 132 votes, out of nearly 460,000 cast. Overall, Biden gained 257 votes to Trump’s 125.

Trump’s campaign had demanded recounts in two of Wisconsin’s most populous and Democratic-leaning counties, after losing Wisconsin to Biden by over 20,000 votes. The two recounts will cost the Trump campaign $3 million. Dane County is expected to finish its recount on Sunday.”

Temujin

Given that not all Republicans/conservatives believe the current so-called president actually won, I'd jack this number up by a few dozen (million) more.
Of course. I used the 80 million figure as a verbal riposte. The vast majority of the country "buy" it by now.

Carol

Given that not all Republicans/conservatives believe the current so-called president actually won, I'd jack this number up by a few dozen (million) more.

At least some independents aren't buying it.

One doesn't have to believe Trump won to find Biden's vote count hard to believe.

He may have gotten more real votes. We'll never know.

Temujin

One doesn't have to believe Trump won to find Biden's vote count hard to believe.

Why wouldn't we know? Every conceivable objection from the far-fetched to the utterly delusional, has been floated by Trump and shot down by the courts. There are a few such plaintive cries still echoing through the last corridors of the court houses. Once they have been disposed of, there will be no more reason to question this election result than any other. Indeed, it will have been the most studied and validated election in history. The full result can be celebrated with confidence.

vibise

Why do you think Biden's vote count is hard to believe? Trump has been a very divisive and unpopular POTUS.

What do you mean by "real votes"?

Whateverman

Are you referring to yourself? If so, you're the only independent I know of who questions Biden's reported vote count - which is fine if you do. It's just that you're in a pretty small minority, from what I've been able to piece together.

vibise

No where near as divisive as some dems.

Valid votes.
Trump is POTUS and should be a unifier. He is not. He is divisive.

There are plenty of Repubs as well as Dems that are divisive.

As for "valid votes", the current totals include only valid votes, as defined by each state. So you are OK with that, right? If not, what authority do you accept to make that determination?

Whateverman

An argument from incredulity is a fallacy.
I don't think that's a fair judgment of what she's said so far. She's just talking about not-buying Biden's reported vote count; that's a statement of opinion rather than an argument from incredulity.

Sure, that opinion could very easily be turned into an argument from incredulity - and it's possible she's already done this somewhere else I haven't seen. Still, a person is allowed to be skeptical of some claim without having committed a logical fallacy...

Gus Bovona

I don't think that's a fair judgment of what she's said so far. She's just talking about not-buying Biden's reported vote count; that's a statement of opinion rather than an argument from incredulity.

Sure, that opinion could very easily be turned into an argument from incredulity - and it's possible she's already done this somewhere else I haven't seen. Still, a person is allowed to be skeptical of some claim without having committed a logical fallacy...
Isn't "hard to believe" a statement of incredulity? But I guess I can admit that the next step, which wasn't taken, was an actual claim, although it was implied.

Backup

Why wouldn't we know? Every conceivable objection from the far-fetched to the utterly delusional, has been floated by Trump and shot down by the courts. There are a few such plaintive cries still echoing through the last corridors of the court houses. Once they have been disposed of, there will be no more reason to question this election result than any other. Indeed, it will have been the most studied and validated election in history. The full result can be celebrated with confidence.
Exactly. The only thing really different this time is the big Orange baby is throwing a tantrum.

Typically the adult that loses the election concedes knowing their party has thoroughly vetted the process.