Reformist basics.

Synergy

So the answer to his question:

Do you have a bible verse or two that supports your concept?

... is apparently, "No, you do NOT have a Bible verse or two that supports your concept".
The road to perceiving God is available to everyone who chooses to do so according to Romans 1:20-22:

20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools,

ReverendRV

I can’t speak for Mormons as I am not one myself. I don’t want to misrepresent them. What I can say is that everyone (including Mormons) who chooses God makes right use of his God-given faculties. Everyone who doesn't choose God makes poor use or sears his God-given faculties.
A Mormon makes right use of his God-given Faculties? I don't think you meant this; if you did, it's very telling about what you really believe. If you didn't really mean that, you should now be able to see the Flaw in your Argument...

I reckon I'll go find some Lunch and take a break from y'all; I'll bring this stuff up again one day; I like to let things ruminate for a while...

Synergy

That's not Biblical.
The root word "synergy" is very much part of the NT Bible.

Apostle James declares that faith and works are synergistic:
"Do you see how faith worked (συνήργει) with his works, and from the works faith was made complete?" (James 2:22)

Also, to describe the relation between the grace of God and the free will of man, Paul uses the word synergy (συνεργοι). In Paul's words: "We are God's fellow-workers (συνεργοι θεου) (1 Cor 3:9) and "the Lord's Fellow Workers (του κυριου συνεργουντος) (Mark 16:20).

Furthermore the Rev 3:20 is perfectly in line with synergism even though the word "synergy" is not mentioned there. God knocks, but waits for man to open the door--He does not break it down. The grace of God invites all but compels none:
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in" (Revelation 3:20)."
And that's NOT what "Reformist theories promote".
What do you promote concerning the usage of our minds?

Synergy

A Mormon makes right use of his God-given Faculties? I don't think you meant this; if you did, it's very telling about what you really believe. If you didn't really mean that, you should now be able to see the Flaw in your Argument...
Do Mormons make right use of their God-given faculties when they append extraneous and foreign material to the NT? I don't think so.
I reckon I'll go find some Lunch and take a break from y'all; I'll bring this stuff up again one day; I like to let things ruminate for a while...
Bon appetit. It's refreshing to converse with you.

G

guest1

Do Mormons make right use of their God-given faculties when they append extraneous and foreign material to the NT? I don't think so.

Bon appetit. It's refreshing to converse with you.
So would you say there are Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses that are saved ?

Synergy

So would you say there are Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses that are saved ?
That's God's domain whether one is saved or not. I believe that there are at least some saved people in each denomination.

How would you respond to your question?

CrowCross

There are as many ways to choose God as there are people in this world. One can choose God through one’s heart, one can choose God through one’s mind being convinced, one can choose God through his conscience, etc…. ad infinitum.
You're not really telling me why. All you're telling me is that you can.

A man can walk down the street ...turn right and meet a person who is proclaiming the gospel, believe it...the die. That guy is going to heaven.
In a second scenario the same man can walk down the street, not meet the preacher, not hear about Jesus...and never believe...then die. This time the man doesn't go to heaven.

G

guest1

That's God's domain whether one is saved or not. I believe that there are at least some saved people in each denomination.

How would you respond to your question?
Absolutely not as a false god, christ and gospel cannot save anyone regardless of how sincere their faith might appear on the outside. A misplaced faith is not a salvific faith that transforms a person life. Faith is only real when it’s placed in the True God and gospel.

You have the broad road leading to life snd many who find it which is just the opposite of Jesus teaching . All roads/ religions do not lead to heaven only the narrow road that few are on have that distinction.

hope this helps !!!

Synergy

Absolutely not as a false god, christ and gospel cannot save anyone regardless of how sincere their faith might appear on the outside. A misplaced faith is not a salvific faith that transforms a person life. Faith is only real when it’s placed in the True God and gospel.

You have the broad road leading to life snd many who find it which is just the opposite of Jesus teaching . All roads/ religions do not lead to heaven only the narrow road that few are on have that distinction.

hope this helps !!!
How about someone in the deepest part of China who has never so much as heard about Jesus Christ, and only believes in Buddhism? Is he doomed through no fault of his own?

G

guest1

How about someone in the deepest part of China who has never so much as heard about Jesus Christ, and only believes in Buddhism? Is he doomed through no fault of his own?
That person is doomed if he dies in that state. And God is nowhere in scripture ever obligated to save anyone , that is an assumption man puts on God not one He has stated in scripture. All men stand under the condemnation of sin and its consequences. Those who end up in hell get what they deserve for their own sin.

hope this helps !!!

G

guest1

Why anyone would want to sugarcoat the gospel is beyond me and a person must first deal with their own personal sin issue and it’s consequences before a Holy and Righteous God. The bad news precedes the good news. But many just like to say believe in Jesus , accept him as he is begging you to come to him so you can have a happily ever after life.

Synergy

You're not really telling me why. All you're telling me is that you can.

A man can walk down the street ...turn right and meet a person who is proclaiming the gospel, believe it...the die. That guy is going to heaven.
In a second scenario the same man can walk down the street, not meet the preacher, not hear about Jesus...and never believe...then die. This time the man doesn't go to heaven.
How do you know he doesn't go to heaven? God is infinitely perceptive of one's heart and conscience and will judge accordingly:

14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Synergy

That person is doomed if he dies in that state. And God is nowhere in scripture ever obligated to save anyone , that is an assumption man puts on God not one He has stated in scripture. All men stand under the condemnation of sin and its consequences. Those who end up in hell get what they deserve for their own sin.

hope this helps !!!
Not necessarily in the case of a person who always did good but never heard of Jesus Christ through no fault of his own. God is infinitely perceptive of one's heart and conscience and will judge accordingly:

14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

G

guest1

Not necessarily in the case of a person who always did good but never heard of Jesus Christ through no fault of his own. God is infinitely perceptive of one's heart and conscience and will judge accordingly:

There is no salvation apart from the gospel and if one dies without hearing the gospel they are doomed. And it’s appointed once for man to die( no 2nd chances) then comes judgment ( in this case condemnation). Hebrews 9:27

hope this helps !!!

Synergy

There is no salvation apart from the gospel and if one dies without hearing the gospel they are doomed. And it’s appointed once for man to die( no 2nd chances) then comes judgment ( in this case condemnation). Hebrews 9:27

hope this helps !!!
You didn't explain how your statements square off with the verses below that declare that God is infinitely perceptive of everyone's heart and conscience and will judge accordingly. In other words, there is no automatic rejection for all those who have never heard the Gospel through no fault of their own: